Home

(KotOR I & II) Through the Jedi Master's Eyes.

The Source

(KotOR I & II) Through the Jedi Master's Eyes.

If you were a Jedi Master living durring the KotOR era, you were on a mission to another part of the galaxy, and then you returned to Dantooine two years after the events of KotOR II. Durring your mission, you were cut off from the events outside. When you came back, everything you knew had changed.

How would you view the actions of:

1. The Other Jedi Masters?

2. Revan's rise, fall, and rise?

3. The Exile's discision to go to war?

Good thing you never ask thought-provoking questions, Mac. :D

I'll have to give that some thought when I don't have an imminent visit of the maternal unit and a 10 page report due in 2 days. :)

Hehehe... When I came up with this question, I was thinking about something complex. It looks like its a little too indepth. Hehehe...

Sorry people. :)

1. The Other Jedi Masters?

I could kinda see where Kreia was coming from when you talked with Kavar, Vrook, and Zez, and that they were perhaps too cautious, and somewhat blinded by their own beliefs. They weren't on Malachor V, nor did they know why Revan changed. Perhaps the Jedi should take a look at themselves, and they wouldn't have so many problems.

2. Revan's rise, fall, and rise?

Well, since the only one who really knows why Revan "turned" to the dark side is himself, I probably wouldn't be able to make a fair judgement of him, but considering he saved the Republic and became a better person as a Jedi, I'd probably see him in a good light. No pun intended.

3. The Exile's discision to go to war?

Well, assuming I'm another stuck up Jedi Master like the three that Kreia killed, I'd probably be thinking that the Exile was wrong in joining them, but let's say I'm different...well, I wouldn't know what to think. I would have just let the Exile do what she believed was the right thing to do, and dealt with the repercussions after the war.

One opinion rarely voiced is that had the Mandalorians been continually ignored by the Jedi, they might have got bored and stopped. That might well be a Jedi Master's perspective.

If I were one, I think I would argue that we had already got involved in the business of war with the Exar Kun War, and before that, the Great Hyperspace War, that the Mandalorian Wars weren't much different.

Of Revan, I would probably think that it was proof that anyone may fall, and that the (Yoda's green midget-people) are much more manipulative than they're given credit for...

Of the Exile's decision to go to war...If he hadn't, the Republic might well have been destroyed, and that the ultimate damage was not his responsibility entirely, but Revan's.

But if you think about it, the Jedi that did go to the Mandalorian Wars almost all came back fallen to the darkside (except for the Exile for the most part). The Mandalorian Wars only led to another war, the Jedi Civil War which took a large chunk of the Republic & the Jedi Order.

For the most part though if you came back after K2 most of your Jedi comrades are all dead. I would have probably saw Revan as being responsible for all of these events since he led countless young Jedi and Republic soldiers into the Mandalorian Wars with unquestionable loyalties, and then returned shortly after claiming to be Dark Lord of the Sith; commanding an armada backed by veteran Republic soldiers, officers & numerous Dark Jedi. Even if Revan did redeem him/herself by destroying the Star Forge & crippling the Sith Empire, Revan obviously did damage that can't be undone.

Thats probably what any Jedi Master would think.

If I were the Jedi Master returning, I would have a hard time figuring out what exactly happened, since there would be nobody left to tell me. I will say this however, the Jedi Masters in Revan and Exile's time were a bunch of guttless pacifists who would rather sit and wait for some epiphany to tell them what to do. Revan and the Exile dealt with both menaces (Malak and the Sith Lords Sion, Nihilus and Treya) pretty much single handed, proving it could have been dealt with rather than running and hiding. I must say though that the Jedi Masters in Episodes 1-3 were also pretty clueless, not realizing a Sith Lord was in the office next to them. You'd think they'd sense the Dark-side of the force eminating from him perhaps?

I would probably see the view of the Jedi counsel and oppose Revan and the Exile despite them being lightsided. Seeing all the destruction that has happened featuring them two with the supposed death of the force, id do somersaults.

Archived