Home

Technological Advancement

HerbieZ

that works too, ChAiNz, but i was using force powers and a lightsaber :D

the lightsaber does no damage at all, so i used Force Shock about 6 times and it kills him pretty good.

@ igyman: you have no idea how much fun it is :D

but i believe a realistic lightsaber combat would add much more to the replayability value of the game.

How realistic do you want it? Realistic up to the point that your PC can take loads of damage, but everything else drops after one swing? Or do you really want to get real? One stray blaster shot takes you out. Game over. Reload.

personally i would just like the jedi academy combat engine put into kotor... that would be great, but donno if thats possible consider JA is basically a first person shooter, so its just a combat game really - and i wouldnt want a system that put my fellow kotorians off the game, if your jus an rpg gamer and not into more complex fighting system (that said, i dont really do any of the fancy moves in JA, just the old force powered saber swing with the double blade gets em 90% of the time)

personally i would just like the jedi academy combat engine put into kotor...
If you want KotOR to be like Jedi Academy, why not play Jedi Academy? KotOR is an RPG. Jedi Academy is an FPS. If you make KotOR's gameplay like Jedi Academy's then you've just completely changed it into another type of game altogether.

Besides, Jedi Academy's combat system is disgustingly awful.

If you want KotOR to be like Jedi Academy, why not play Jedi Academy? KotOR is an RPG. Jedi Academy is an FPS. If you make KotOR's gameplay like Jedi Academy's then you've just completely changed it into another type of game altogether.

Besides, Jedi Academy's combat system is disgustingly awful.

Quoted for emphasis! ;)

How realistic do you want it? Realistic up to the point that your PC can take loads of damage, but everything else drops after one swing? Or do you really want to get real? One stray blaster shot takes you out. Game over. Reload.

i believe that is why Jedi learn to deflect blaster bolts early on ;)

for a start i do still play jedi academy :p but the story line is nowhere near as good as kotor and your not allowed to make pretty much any free decisions within it... aye its a FPS, but as i said in my above post i wouldnt want a system that put other people off - i only really want a lightsaber that reflects what it is - in the hands of a jedi the best weapon there is that can cut through pretty much anything - meaning kinrath should die with one swoosh! :p

i only really want a lightsaber that reflects what it is - in the hands of a jedi the best weapon there is that can cut through pretty much anything - meaning kinrath should die with one swoosh! :p

That isn't what RPG's like KotOR are all about... sorry.

kotor is all about being a jedi :-p which is why i prefer it to jedi academy which is only a FPS, while with kotor it has a great story line which you hav a fair bit of control over... its a much more rounded and better game and despite the fact i dont like lightsaber aspect of the game, TSL despite its many problems is still my favourite game, i should prefer kotor as the story is better, but i played TSL first, i cant explain it... its illogical, but emotion has clouded my judgement... the jedi council (especially vrook) would be appalled ;)

i believe that is why Jedi learn to deflect blaster bolts early on ;)

Ah, but to paraphrase the greatness that is HK-47: "Few jedi can stand up to one hundred blasters firing at once." Or something like that. (Someone else may correct me on the exact quote...)

Point is: if this were realistic, none of us knuckleheads would've made it off the Endar Spire. :headblast

• 4 weeks later...

I think the thread went a little awry somewhere along the line, alot of the things said are science based like the blaster hit ratio etc etc. Im taking more about design and function more than anything, although revanchow made a good point about the saturation point of a society.

I don't want to nag or anything, but there IS technological advancement implemented in the SW universe...for example...

Adjunta Pal uses a sword in Kotor 1, because lightsabers weren't invented yet.

This is a pic of how lightsaber used to look like in Era's before the ones of the game.

373px-Archaiclightsaber.JPG

Not to mention that Hyperspace traveling...if you look at the massive generator of the Ebon Hawk, and know an X-Wing had one too, the scale of the thing has improved a bit over the years....

Because the Falcon had a DOUBLE Hyperdrive system, custom build by Han and Chewwie to make Hyperspace.

Quote from Wookipedia:

The most famous attribute of Millennium Falcon was her hyperdrive. The hyperdrive system onboard the Falcon was fully twice the size of the hyperdrive in a standard YT-1300 freighter. This system gave her a hyperdrive class of 0.5, which was twice as fast as most Imperial warships. The secret to her speed were Han and Chewie's modifications that "streamlined" the ship in hyperspace by controlling the warp of the space-time continuum around her. Several other ships have tried to match the Falcon's speed without these "streamlining" modifications and have blown themselves into space dust.

So that's why it's bigger :)

comabt would be pretty deadly in a modified version of L5R(an oriental fantasy RPG). In that game you are pretty much done after one good hit. Even if you survive it you get major negatives to all actions and have to stay on the defensive to survive. Hmm... I sudenly have the urge to make a Star Wars conversion for that game...

I read a lot of things about the armor with in the movies there dead in one shot and the game they hardly lose lifes but did you then wanted to be dead when one bloody guy hits you. Someone else with the flury if you have master flury and you would kill a person with just onw attack the game would be way to easy.

Combat resoution and survival in KOTOR (those damn holy warrior sandpeople aside) not too tough compared to one game I played called Ironstorm. That game was very difficult above easy level b/c snipers ALWAYS killed you in one shot and were often difficult to spot before it was too late. Even more, you couldn't really cheat in that game either. Wouln't have gotten it normally, but at $2 took a chance. Allied Assault was also quite difficult trying to survive the beach landing long enough to make it to cover. But if these games were cake walks, you'd be looking for something else in pretty short order. Curious as to what KOTOR 3 storyline will be when (if) they get it to market.

I'm pretty sure the reason why the MF is so fast in hyperspace is because its navicomputer is so good, and thus can plot shorter trips than can other vessels.

Can't remember where I saw that, but I remember it being official...

I'm pretty sure the reason why the MF is so fast in hyperspace is because its navicomputer is so good, and thus can plot shorter trips than can other vessels.

That too...

Wookipedia says the hyperdrive was already built-in before Han and Chewie got it. It also says that Han and Chewie upgraded the navicomputer as you said, so that it can create a 'stable warp-field' or something...

Let's see...ah

Ah...this is what Wookipedia says about it...

The most famous attribute of Millennium Falcon was her hyperdrive. The hyperdrive system onboard the Falcon was fully twice the size of the hyperdrive in a standard YT-1300 freighter. This system gave her a hyperdrive class of 0.5, which was twice as fast as most Imperial warships. The secret to her speed were Han and Chewie's modifications that "streamlined" the ship in hyperspace by controlling the warp of the space-time continuum around her. Several other ships have tried to match the Falcon's speed without these "streamlining" modifications and have blown themselves into space dust.

Linky link

Archived