Home

Jump in David Hasselhoff's Car!

Lightsaberboy

I was left kinda speechless when I saw this vid. I was like, "Wow." I didn't even know he sang.

Only in germany... he was always at number one there... much to the amusement of the rest of the world... ;)

:rofl:

The Hoff is such a dweeb. He doesn't seem to take himself too seriously (this video is strong evidence of that fact) but then he has got such a huge ego too.

One question. Does anybody know if they drive on the right-hand side of the road in Germany?

^^^

Hmmm... How about the question phrased like this?

"Which side of the road do people in Germany drive their cars on?"

I ask because I noticed how "The Hoff" was seated on the right side of the "KITT" car in the vid, not the left side like he would have been if he had been in a car designed for use in the U.S.A.

To do so, I'd like to point out that some people drive cars designed for use in the USA here in Germany.

So yes, just like anywhere else on the eurasian continent (except islands), we drive on the right side of the road, right as in "Right is where the thumb is mounted left."

I wonder how they would manage to switch the road sides on the border of two countries where they drive on the left in one and on the right in the other country.

Well, aren't you the authoritative source then. :p

So what I'm trying to get to is what was the target audience for this Hasselhoff music video? Doesn't seem like it was the U.S.A. since the driver's controls are on the left-hand side and Hoff's controls in the vid were on the right-hand side of the car. Also the video was in English, not German so it stands to reason that the video wasn't targeted at the German market.

Is the Hoff a popular guy in Great Britain or Australia?

I wonder how they would manage to switch the road sides on the border of two countries where they drive on the left in one and on the right in the other country.
I've got no idea. I only know it would be very confusing and probably dangerous to switch around like that. :nod:

Well, aren't you the authoritative source then. :p

So what I'm trying to get to is what was the target audience for this Hasselhoff music video? Doesn't seem like it was the U.S.A. since the driver's controls are on the left-hand side and Hoff's controls in the vid were on the right-hand side of the car. Also the video was in English, not German so it stands to reason that the video wasn't targeted at the German market.

Is the Hoff a popular guy in Great Britain or Australia?

I've got no idea. I only know it would be very confusing and probably dangerous to switch around like that. :nod:

Well what countries drive on the left side of the road? Is there a list? European countries don't, and I believe african countries do not either. I know australia and new zealand do, but they are Islands...so... I can't think of anywhere where you would have that problem.

Hmm, i always thought it was just the UK and a couple of old colonies that drove on the left... but its actually a lot more than that. Interesting.

The Hoff isn't at all popular in the UK BTW... his success in germany was the source of a lot of jokes though, as you know that the UK press likes any excuse to laugh at germans.

A lot of pop music in non-english speaking countries in europe is still in english... because they are used to a lot of imported US music and so i wouldn't be suprised if the hoff sang in english even if it was aimed exclusively at the german market.

The Hoff isn't at all popular in the UK BTW... his success in germany was the source of a lot of jokes though, as you know that the UK press likes any excuse to laugh at germans.

A lot of pop music in non-english speaking countries in europe is still in english... because they are used to a lot of imported US music and so i wouldn't be suprised if the hoff sang in english even if it was aimed exclusively at the german market.

Very enlightening. Brits like to make fun of Germans, eh? And David Hasselhoff isn't popular in the UK?

Hmmm... so I'm still curious about which country or countries this video played in. From what toms says the vid could have been used in Germany. But why then was the driver's seat Hoff sits in during the vid on the right-hand side of the car if German cars have their driver's seat on the left? Meh. Whatever. I'm not going to waste any more brain cycles on this. :p

Those women suck, they refused to ride in KITT. The Hoff clearly had a right to kick her out.

I had no idea he sang like that and stuff, I think I have newfound respect for him. :p

Plus you just can't deny that's an awesome car.

^^^

:lol: I heard the Hoff himself use that line the other night on the U.S. TV show "America's Most Talented." Regis Philbin hosts the show and was giving the Hoff grief about something. Hasselhoff (a judge on the show) is sitting there all annoyed and then holds up his hand and disdainfully spouts, "Don't hassle with the Hoff!" :animelol: What a dork!

Archived