Home

Star Wars Battlefront III - Supah Thread! [Retired]

Ali1392

I'd like to see Acecombat style fighter, interceptor, bomber control.

Damn, I LOVE that game! Take away that Alliance Assault Craft crap and give the rebels the "Tyderium" Lambda-Class shuttle seen in episode 6. The empire currently has the Theta-class shuttle that transported the wounded Vader from Mustafar to Coruscant after the battle with Obi-Wan, the DO NOT have the Episode 6 shuttle. They should also take away the AAC-1 on the ground and bring the combat landspeeder back from BF 1. I find it stupid that all the vehicles and maps in the Clone Wars era are from Episode 3 besides Geonosis and the Confederacy AAT. One last thing, whats up with the tank laser power. In Bf 1, all the tanks could shoot at enemies feet and they would fly away meaning you could not worry about your accuracy but in Bf 2 you HAVE to hit the enemies body, even with the AT-ST, can't belive they gave it a remote rocket launcher and particle cannon as its secondary fire, its pathetic. I hardly ever drive tanks, or speederbikes because they slide around too much.

Please Free Radical, FIX THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that maybe the Rebels should have the HTT from Empire at War as they're space transport (and ground transport for that matter). The Imperials shuld definetly get the Lambda-class. I want both the AAC-1 and the old speeder. And I want to be able to pick pirate, milita, ect. factions, like the Hapans, Black Sun, Wookie Army, ect. to play as. I want the Zann Consortium as well. I want special units to vary by map. You should be able to edit maps and map settings (you can choose what vehicles, special units,ect.).

I'd like to see some Yutrane-Trackata vehicles in the game (T1-B, ect., seen in Force Commander and Empire at War). I think the Rebels should get the Flash/Gian speeders, primarily on Naboo, but they could be useful as "armored car" (or speeder) vehicles elsewhere as well.

Well some Jedi-fetishists want more in the game, some noobs want more heros as well. Sane people want better maps and balance vehicles, whatever.

That about sums it.

Oh yeah, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJUe2E7Ie8M&mode=related&search=

Watch that trailer. It IS Battlefront 3 as it will never, ever be.

Oh yeah, and I might just ask random questions, winner gets a no-cookie.

There's only about 6 times as much as that, you realize if you read the whole thing.

And Newf (is it ok if I call you Newf) you effectively summed up our tank crisis

Please Free Radical, FIx THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We should all make that our SIG.

You quoted me, but I have no idea why you have at all!..

Free Radical are doing the new BF? I remember their icon..something red while skipping though loading screens.

Personally, I want infantry balanced as much as vehicles and infantry balanced AGAINST vehicles. No man goes to war with only a crappy pistol, and no rocket soldier should take 5+ rockets to take out a vehicle! (Heavy walkers excluded).

I would have thought it would have been obvious. BF2142 will be and probably is already FAR SUPERIOR to Battlefront 3. Notice how it combines land and air combat, has cool vehicles that don't dominate the landscape, manages to feature capital ships without resorting to useless and boring space levels.

Also, all the classes are balanced and have decent secondary weapons (heck, the infantry rushing the concrete pillars are the snipers!)

Also contains shields, walkers, VTOL transports, hover tanks, EMP weapons, attack drones and doesn't resort to noob-friendly Heros to create a battleground.

Also, the elite weapons are perma-unlocks that don't massively dominate the battle either, (the elite rocket launcher for example, is an anti-tank rifle, with no lock on feature OR an anti-air missile that sucks against armour).

Heck, people on the forums seem to like the balance of infantry classes, something that Battlefront II can not be argued for. I mean, it's Darth Maul>>all!

If the BFIII team just stole EVERY IDEA and made it Star Wars themed, it'd be a winner. But they'll probably just add that you can customise lightsabre colours and jedi powers, make it so you can accumulate EXP to be spent on new force powers and special abilities....oh yeah, and maybe there might be a gun in it if we're lucky!

The Jedi and heros DID NOT win either resepected war single-handedly. I actually prefered the BFI statement where 'the grunts win the battle' because they did. Look at Geonosis, the best Jedi got pimp-owned, look at Tantive IV, Vader did diddly squat! The Jedi and other heros are powerful, but lets have a decent game where we can put our "manhood extentions that glow in the dark" away and actually win a fight, a war!

Well said! Except that last part.

I'd like to see a vairety of vehicles. Walkers, armored speeders, hovertanks, tansports, ect. You should have a decent vairety of vehicles on most maps. You could have Tie Maulers and AT-PTs serving as heavy calvary, Juggernauts serving as armor and transportation, AT-STs serving as reconnaisance vehicles. LAATs and Lambdas could both be used by the Empire for different missions or different parts of one battle.

I do think space battles should be included, but they should be made more interesting. And capital ships should appear in atmospheres. Of course larger ones like the Imp Star would be too large, but having Victory-class vessels overhead, bombarding enemy installations, or Acclamators landing troops would be cool.

You may be right. It is starting to seem sometimes as if no way this game can be fixed unless it becomes battlefeild. But it can be fixed without becoming battlefeild. It can see it. The question is, do the people with the million doller a day programers slary see it?

Well said! Except that last part.

I'd like to see a vairety of vehicles. Walkers, armored speeders, hovertanks, tansports, ect. You should have a decent vairety of vehicles on most maps. You could have Tie Maulers and AT-PTs serving as heavy calvary, Juggernauts serving as armor and transportation, AT-STs serving as reconnaisance vehicles. LAATs and Lambdas could both be used by the Empire for different missions or different parts of one battle.

I do think space battles should be included, but they should be made more interesting. And capital ships should appear in atmospheres. Of course larger ones like the Imp Star would be too large, but having Victory-class vessels overhead, bombarding enemy installations, or Acclamators landing troops would be cool.

I just feel that since there must be a few part-timers working on BFront games, that creating a whole NEW kind of battle map which is aircraft dominated destracts from the main point of the game. Name me ONE game that manages to pull off space battles and land combat well, because I doubt Lucasarts and the guys making the game will pull it off.

Anyway, can't someone just ask for X-Wing vs Tie Fighter 2? I'd pay some top dollar for that game with modern graphics and gameplay!

I don't mind Cap ships in low orbit, heck 2142 manages it pretty well and makes a whole gametype devoted to blowing them up WITHOUT it being a race to get into a fighter.

As for vehicles, I like diverse vehicles, but I want them to be balanced against each other to some extent and possible to be killed by infantry, rather than removing the point of being the machine gun classes. That would be aided by interesting level design with cover, ambush points and diverse terrain. NOT NABOO PLAINS!

Oh yeah, and to aid my final argument. Tell me a battle where a Jedi single-handedly destroyed an entire army, besides Mace Windu in the clone wars cartoon? I want a battle where the grunts show that they are actually worth something, not just vehicles, not just Jedi. Personally I'd want vehicles and infantry to compliment each other so a real sense of teamwork is invoked, rather than 'Snipers,pilot in AT-AT that's it' combos.

Maybe I ask too much, but it's next-gen apparantly, let's be demanding! :king1:

You may be right. It is starting to seem sometimes as if no way this game can be fixed unless it becomes battlefeild. But it can be fixed without becoming battlefeild. It can see it. The question is, do the people with the million doller a day programers slary see it?

I have the feeling that 2142 is a hyped-up version of Battlefront. It sure looks like that on paper, anyway.

Shamefull really.

The way to make BFIII 'better' would probably to aim it slightly more towards 'hardcore' players, like Republic Commando, where the maturity of design comes into play, rather than the Lego Star Wars generation..if that makes any sense.

There could be an attacker class starfighter. Their purpose is to shoot down bombers and transports because even with a multi-purpose, it takes a while to shoot one down, especially with a pilot inside.

OFF-TOPIC: Wouldn't it be cool if there was a Lord of the Rings game , battlefront style. That would be awesome. The four factions, Rohan VS Isengard and Mordor VS Gondor. The classes would be commander, swordsman, archer, shielded trooper, rider and a special class ( Example would be ringwraiths for Mordor and Uruk Berserkers for isengard, if you don't know what the berserkers are, they're the guys with the pickaxe type swords)

Vehicles would be horses, wargs, fell beasts and those eagles.

Speederbikes have gone from bad to worse with each passing star wars battlefront version. The PS2 demo of the first Battlefront had perfect speederbikes. They would make perfect turns, could stay in the air after zooming over a hill and had a cool first person view. Now in the complete version of Battlefront 1, the blaster cannon was wickedly powerful but you took damage way to fast and you had to stop at a repair droid every 30 seconds. Why did they remove those droids anyway, that was another mistake added to the 2-mile-long list of them. Now the bikes in BF 2 are the worst ever. They are slow, unpowerful and slide like a pice of plastic on ice.

They explode when crashing even at moderate speeds (basic speed) whereas in BF 1 they would take half damage. Whats up with the speed!? It takes like 1 minute to zoom halfway across the battlefield. I know about the boosting but thats suicidal on a place like Endor, which seems to be the only map with the bikes. Who wants to drive a speederbike at the speed of an AT-ST (which by the way are also slower than they were in BF 1) , not me. Apparently Pandemic didn't even look at the name, SPEEDER bike. The only good thing about the BF 2 bikes is that they could jump which I would welcome again in BF 3.

I think I like the speeder bikes in Dan Boengs speeder stunt maps, theyre super fast, invincible(that of course would need to be taked out but they do need more help, invincibility is required for the jumps you do on the map and best of all, they have a decent stamina

The LotR game would rock, I love LotR

as for the attacker thing, I think that would be a good space hero, like a ship that has like slow firing lasers so fighters and MP ships would be out of the question but it could easly take down transports and bombers

Relenzo2, I never ever ever ever ever ever use capital ship turrets. They are crap. That is ANOTHER thing they need to fix in Battlefront 3. I was thinking about the attacker class and I changed my mind. Maybe a hero ship for space heros only that appears when they get so many points ( did I say that already? ). For example, each faction would get 2 space heros, a lightsaber based hero and a shooter based hero. The republic gets Odd Ball and Anakin. The Confederacy gets Grievous and Lushros Dofine. The Alliance gets Luke and Wedge Antillies. The Empire gets Vader and Tarkin.

I thought of another thing. For all the clone wars outer rim territories such as Mygeeto, Felucia, Kashyyyk and Saleucami, the republic could have 2 chances to be a hero. IF they get the set number off points they become the jedi general of that map. Yoda would be on Kashyyyk. But if the player dies as Yoda and they accumulate half the points it took them to become Yoda they get to play as the clone marshal commander, in this case its Commander Gree. On Utapau it would be Obi n' Cody. On Mygeeto it would be Ki-Adi-Mundi and Bacara.

Well these are my ideas

1.First i agree with transports on land battles and carrying about 20 troops and i have something to add on.it should show you standing in the air transports(you can also shoot from there).when the ship is falling to the ground or an enemy is gonna fire a missile at your ship,just like the slicing warning it should say:alert plane is gonna crash,you can come to a blue box and press x(on playestation 2) and get a parachute.when you get it you should jump out of the plane and press x again to unleash the parachute,there is just one problem:what if you land near the separatists.well the answer is you can move your parachute while your gliding on it and you can land on a droid star ship thats leaving(would be only on geanosis level) shoot down a door for you get in and try to take it over.it must be crazy but i think it would be fun.

2. (i think someone else posted this but i did not have enough time to read the whole thread). i also think that when your in your own hangar you dont have to get on a ship toget to a cruiser.clones and droids can just come to a red box in their hangar and press x(on playstation 2) and get a jetpack(if your a droid because jet and dark troopers already have a jetpack)and fly to a cruiser(might have to stop on frigates because you dont have enough fuel to get to a cruiser)jedis can go to the red box and get a mask(just like jetpacks) and then glide in space to a cruiser(without fuel).then they can attack the cruiser take it over and continue the battle.it might also be crazy but i think swbf3 should have that.and i got the idea from star wars clone wars cartoon.

3.thirdly, i think that there should be more creatures:for example,there can be a reek in iridonia or ithor.and in the mon calamari level troopers have to shoot down all sea creatures that are carnivourous.and i think it should be surprising.for example:on mon calamari level clone troopers are standing on acclamator ships like in clone wars cartoon.they are also accompanied with jedi.but what the main idea is if clone troopers do not know where is the demon squid,suddenly a tentacle comes out of the water and grans a clone.if it tries to get a jedi it can slice its tentacle off.or if jedis are not careful, they can be grabbed by the demonsquid.what do you think of that?

4.fourthly i think that heroes should be more like in eu or the movies.for example:in battlefront 2 jango fett is with one gun,but in battlefront 3 he should have 2 blaster pistols.or grievous should have a gun as a secondary weapon.i think aayla secura should have just one lightsaber because mostly shes with one light saber.i might have more ideas which i would type another time.

Well these are my ideas

1.First i agree with transports on land battles and carrying about 20 troops and i have something to add on.it should show you standing in the air transports(you can also shoot from there).when the ship is falling to the ground or an enemy is gonna fire a missile at your ship,just like the slicing warning it should say:alert plane is gonna crash,you can come to a blue box and press x(on playestation 2) and get a parachute.when you get it you should jump out of the plane and press x again to unleash the parachute,there is just one problem:what if you land near the separatists.well the answer is you can move your parachute while your gliding on it and you can land on a droid star ship thats leaving(would be only on geanosis level) shoot down a door for you get in and try to take it over.it must be crazy but i think it would be fun.

2. (i think someone else posted this but i did not have enough time to read the whole thread). i also think that when your in your own hangar you dont have to get on a ship toget to a cruiser.clones and droids can just come to a red box in their hangar and press x(on playstation 2) and get a jetpack(if your a droid because jet and dark troopers already have a jetpack)and fly to a cruiser(might have to stop on frigates because you dont have enough fuel to get to a cruiser)jedis can go to the red box and get a mask(just like jetpacks) and then glide in space to a cruiser(without fuel).then they can attack the cruiser take it over and continue the battle.it might also be crazy but i think swbf3 should have that.and i got the idea from star wars clone wars cartoon.

3.thirdly, i think that there should be more creatures:for example,there can be a reek in iridonia or ithor.and in the mon calamari level troopers have to shoot down all sea creatures that are carnivourous.and i think it should be surprising.for example:on mon calamari level clone troopers are standing on acclamator ships like in clone wars cartoon.they are also accompanied with jedi.but what the main idea is if clone troopers do not know where is the demon squid,suddenly a tentacle comes out of the water and grabs a clone.if it tries to get a jedi it can slice its tentacle off.or if jedis are not careful, they can be grabbed by the demonsquid.what do you think of that?

4.fourthly i think that heroes should be more like in eu or the movies.for example:in battlefront 2 jango fett is with one gun,but in battlefront 3 he should have 2 blaster pistols.or grievous should have a blaster pistol as a secondary weapon.i think aayla secura should have just one lightsaber because mostly shes with one light saber.i might have more ideas which i would type another time.

what do you think about that?

1-You shouldn't go to a box and recieve a jetpack that easily, bad idea. that would make the dark troopers and jet troopers pointless.

2-A demon squid? Cutting off tentacles with a light-saber? That sounds so much like the LOTR The two Towers game ( battle with the watcher). In it, the watcher's head ( watcher is a big octopus thing ) is underwater and its tentacles are just floating on the surface. you wade out as far as possible in the lake. Some tentacles will rise up and try to whip you but you have to parry them. If you parry them, you go to it and chop it off. This makes the head come out of the water. You shoot it with arrows or throwing axes. Rinse and repeat until it dies.

A Word about heros.

- Jango Fett NEEDS 2 pistols, blasters, not slugthrowers.

- Boba Fett's rifle has to be different than the elite rifle.

- Boba Fett should have a wrist blaster and wrist cable.

- Padme' HAS to be a hero.

- Aayla should keep 2 sabers

Archived