Home

Reserve your very own PS3 today for just...

MTV2

€600! Yes ladies and gentlemen you have heard correctly. thats just $764.474 USD or $868.180 CAD! the PS3 has officially been overpriced by way too much. i dont know if it'll be $764 in the US or $868 in Cnanada since sometimes Europe can be priced higher.

http://www.saturn.de/files/special_upload/playstation3/

you also get a free game!

(its in German, so if you want an idea of what they're talking about just copy some of it in google translator or something.)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can say is that if the Canuck and Yankee devotees of the PS3 thought they were getting ripped off by having to pay such a high price they have only to look at their Aussie and Euro PS 3 compatriots to realize they're not getting the worst of it. :smirk2:

I am so making fun of and beating up anybody who buys a PS3.

If you are planning to buy a PS3 I have a better idea with what you could do with the money. You could pay me what the PS3 costs and I'll come over and kick your @$$ for an hour or two. Either way you're screwed out of your money but if you choose my option we'll both have the satisfaction of knowing that I'd be soon getting a new X-Box 360 with a good about of games and extra features and stuff. :)

Tell you what Chase. I'll send you an email when I get my PS3. It will contain my address. I wish you good luck on your journey to my home. Because when you get there to try to kick my ass for my non-"ZOMG WIIIIII!!!!!11111one'-ness or my non-'ZOMG THREESIXOOOOOOO!!!111-ness, I'm going to beat you to death with a very large brick.

Seriously, let us who enjoy PS games enjoy our PS games without going 'ZOMG U PAYD SOOOOOOOOOMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHH!!!1111oneoneoneeleventybilliondollars'. Its our money, its our preference, so wank off. Like, in all seriousness. ;)

Lol, I have a huge PS3 comback, but I don't wanna start a flame war... and it would get too off-topic. You guys are forgetting all of the stuff the PS3 will have. Its not just gonna be a 360 with a higher price.

Don't worry the PS3 does have some good things, Metal Gear Solid 4 being one of them... but the biggest problem it has is it's price. Anyone who is at least a little bit SANE will wait till the price drops before they decide to buy one.

I read on SMH that wii is gonna be 365AUD (though i dont know where they got that info).

Yeah no PS3 for me till the prices come down, which it will have to for it to compete reasonably with the xbox. I mean yes it should be more expensive than the other two consoles but 1k on a console with 1 controller and 1 non-mainstream game is ridiculous, blue-ray or not.

I think i'll be a console whore this generation and get all three ... eventually

the PS3 plays games, plays dvds, cds and blu-ray. other blu-ray players are $1000+ and they dont play gámes.

Chase, what if were rich and have tons of money to piss on and to burn. or spend on stuff thats ridiculously overpriced, like big shiny diamonds that make you look spoiled and stupid. go read Forbes magazine, youll see all the rich people that can afford this and is nothing to them.

i wonder if bill gates will buy this expensive contraption...

Only problem with the whole Bluray thing is that Bluray is virtually unknown to regular people, unlike the PS2 days when DVD was the next big thing. The PS3 is trying to make Bluray the next big thing while DVD was ALREADY the next big thing when the PS2 was released.

It's a waste for anyone to be paying any amount of money to buy a Bluray player of ANY kind at the moment seeing as early technology sucks and that there are hardly any Bluray discs to play in the first place. Once HDTVs become the standard in every home Bluray is going to quickly take over the position DVDs hold. I can see that happening in the next 5 years at least, but not really any earlier than that. That's the biggest drawback Bluray has at the moment, the fact that the majority of TVs can't display the level of quality Bluray will be able to store in the first place.

Plus, if blueray does the same as DVD players then in 6 months time you will be able to buy a much better blueray player for $50. Or an HD-DVD addon for the 360.

PS2 and xbox were pretty crummy DVD players after all, and everyone who thought they had gotten a great deal because they were for games AND movies quickly realised it was a con and went out and bought a proper DVD player for a few quid.

Not only do first wave games consoles usually have problems, but first wave dvd/movie playback devices have problems too. The only reviews i've read for HD-DVD players so far have said they are rubbish.

An expensive brick called the PS3.:)

Now why would I use a $600 piece of electronics to beat you with. It'd be counter-productive. I was just thinking along the lines of a cinder block or maybe a large container of ice cream.

You're right, It is you're money but $600? If I was a fan of the PS series I'd at least wait until it came down in price a bit. First waves usually have their problems as well.

I know the PS2 is $130 so I may pick one up if it goes under $100. I'll probably do the same with the PS3 whenever it drops it price considerably in a year or two. I'm just a bigger fan of Nintendo and the X-Box

I hear you on the waiting part. I was already planning on waiting atleast a year before picking one up so I don't get 360'd, as it were. That and, given Sony's recent 'WE'RE ****ING RETARTED BUY FROM US ANYWAYS!' campaign, I'm sure by then the PS3'll have suffered from a price drop.

Archived