Home

Talk about anime you like.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's talk about anime. Yay.

I like anime. I've never actually documented what I've seen, so let's attempt!

[Recently Finished] Kare Kano, Full Metal Alchemist, Prince of Tennis, Ai****eruze Baby, Azumanga Daioh, Final Fantasy: Advent Children (does that count?), Mai-Hime, Mai-Otome, Read or Die (OVA), Fruits Basket,

[unfinished] Air, Bleach, Bottle Fairy, Tsubasa Chronicles, Cowboy Bebop, Di Gi Charat, Full Moon o Saga****e, Gakuen Alice, Naruto, Ichigo Mashimaro, Ranma 1/2, Love Hina, Loveless, Pita Ten, Read or Die (series). Revolutionary Girl Utena, The Vision of Escaflowne, xxxHolic, X/1999

[Finished Pre-Teenage Era] Rurouni Kenshin, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Outlaw Star, Tenchi Muyo,

[Childhood Favorites] Card Captor Sakura (recently rewatched in Japanese with subtitles), Sailor Moon, Digimon (DIGIVOLVE INTO ULTIMATE), Hayao Miyazaki's movies... Speed Racer, Thundercats.

Gah. I've been watching anime since I didn't know it was called anime. Anyway. To the talking:

- Tomoyo is crazy. So I like her for that.

- Even though Naruto is in my favorites list, I don't know even know what its appeal is. I enjoy following the story and *knowing* the characters. I don't really love watching it. It's weird. Maybe I secretly desire to be a ninja.

- THUNDERCATS HO!

Then you must like JT's new music video for 'Sexy Back'. It freaked me out *freaks out*. And yes, the two girls were just 10, though many official CLAMP pictures are drawn when they are supposed to be older. You'd think a manga aimed at younger readers wouldn't involve lesbianism, but it does...And in volume 3, it is hinted that Li might be gay. He isn't, but it was implied. I will shut up now.

NO! I killed Darth...suxalot *runs away from incriminating evidence*

Sakura and Tomoyo (not Madison) thought that Li might have had a crush on this one older guy Sakura liked. As it turned out, Li was trying to curry favor from him since he thought that older-dude was some sort of pwerful sorceror that his father had mention before. He didn't really like him.

Tomoyo kinda irritated me. I like Osaka better since I could relate....ooh, shiny! What was I saying? I never really watched Thundercats, but that one girl just proves how guys think cats are hot no matter how disturbing it really is.

Re: CCS

Well, I haven't read the manga and only watched the dub when I was little. After watching the original seventy episodes, it's obvious that the "American-ized" (read: censored and dumbed-down) version is rather poor. Though, the Animax version is supposed to be better.

As for the "lesbianism" -- first of all, it originated in Japan. I think manga gets a readership of above six million people, most of them over the age of sixteen... and it's true that America as a whole is not as tolerant when it comes to same-sex relationships. Japan's much more open to sexual ambiguity in their publications.

Like Tomoyo loving Sakura, Li's crush on Yukito (because Yukito holds the power of the moon and Li was attracted to that, according to the anime - yeah, he DID really like Yukito), Yuki and Touya are obviously together as well. Not to mention teacher-student relationships. Sakura's mother was a student of her father before they got married.

So though the relationships are implied, it's not really that big of a deal. They are non-sexual implications and everyone knows Li and Sakura was the main couple anyway. ::shrug::

Re: thundercats

ARGH. Some men just wanna touch furry things. It's so weird.

Yeah, the edited American version wasn't that great, alot of anime gets dumbified during trranslation. But having seen that before I read the manga, I admit I was a bit surprised. I dunno, I thought some of it was cute and I didn't care too much, though the Yuki/Touya pairing just freaks me out.

I dont get why ears turn anime-junkies on. If you've noticed, 'bunny-girls' and 'cat-girls (well, the majority) are just normal girls with ears. Though there are a few strip-clubs that can attest to that, one with a scantily-clad, blue-furred cat as it's logo.

Archived