Home

Canderous Quote

Silveredge9

I read a quote a while back on the Wookiepedia Revan page that read:

"Only Revan was worthy of our respect. We swept throughout the Outer Rim without oppostion... until Revan assumed command of the Republic forces. Only then did the battle turn."

Does anybody know where abouts this quote is said, I can't remember no matter how hard I try. XD

Well, I remember that you can get this quote by talking to Candernous about war stories, after Taris was blown up. He talks about military invasions he done in the Outer Rim, including an encounter with a fiery asterioid (strange)...

And then he talks about the Mandalorian Wars and Revan. And tere that quote is said.

Just ask him about war stories while he is in your party or he's on the Ebon Hawk. If you can't get him to talk about his war stories, then level up 1 level and then talk to Canderous again.

The quote itself isn't in the main Canderous dialogue file, which includes all the war stories and stuff. And I've just checked the sections on the Ebon Hawk and on the Unknown World.

It could perhaps be in K2, though again it's not in the main Mandalore dialogue file. But I would've swore I remember hearing it in k1.

He's correct. Mandalore replies with the above line after the Exile states that Mandalore is awfully complimentary to Revan. I just came across this about a few minutes ago and remembered this thread. I don't know how much influence is required with Mandalore to get to this point in any conversation with him, though. These lines came after Exile's asking his assesment of the Republic.

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, if you use the KSE, you can bump up your influence and then play out the options. Beats rooting around through the files.

Yeah, but you don't need to. Though you can't max your influence (get it to 100) with Mandalore unless you cheat, gettting it to 100 still doesn't reveal anything worthwhile that you couldn't have discovered without cheating. I've tried it with no noticeable effect myself.

True enough, jediphile. Merely meant that it was one way you could do it that was quicker than wading through files. Though I didn't say you had to take it to 100, b/c as you point it, most/all of what you're going to get as conversation would take place before you could get it that high anyway (assuming, as you point out, that you could go that high). I guess 1-2 influence bumps w/Mandalore ought to do the trick.

@Jedimaster12--if you were referring to the KSE, just open up whichever game it is, go down to NPCs and find Mandalore. Under Mandalore find the influence number and set it arbitrarily high (anywhere from 85-100 should be sufficient) and then get Canderous to spill his guts on the EH. If you already have a saved game, then cycle through the conversation options and it should show up, as the others have pointed out.

KSE = KotOR Savegame Editor. It's a pretty simple program that allows you to do more to alter you party and your game than the cheat codes alone can do. I'm not a modder either but I think all they use it for basically is testing their mods in the game itself.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123671

http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php

Edit - LOL, Chainz beat me to it. :ears1:

If you mess about with it, be careful to backup your saves, since it's possible to break the savegame in various ways and you'll lose that save.

JM12--funny that. I don't have modding skills either and only started using KSE fairly recently. Didn't occur to me that it might leave you coming up short. At least ChAiNz and Balderdash got you straightened out. sorry 'bout that. Take heed of Balderdash's caveat about saving games. Already've had to toss one or two games and reboot my machine b/c the KSE froze up on me. Mostly, it works very well (at least for when you reconfigure your party's identities and personal stats).

Archived