Home

[VOTE!] LucasArts Best Game (2000-2006 Only) [VOTE!]

The Source

[VOTE] LucasArts Best Game (2000-2006 Only)  

143 members have voted

1. 1. [VOTE] LucasArts Best Game (2000-2006 Only)

• Lego: Star Wars I (Prequel Triology)
    • Lego: Star Wars II (Original Triology)
    • Knights of the Old Republic I
    • Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
    • SW: Battlefront I
    • SW: Battlefront II
    • Star Wars Galaxies (Regular Game & Expansions)
    • Empire at War (Regular Game & Forces of Curroption)
    • SW: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (The Game)
    • Republic Commando
    • Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
    • Jedi Knight II: Jedi Academy
    • Psychonauts
    • Monkey Island 4
    • Mercenaries
    • Thrillville

KoTOR, not that TSL isn't good, but I just think the first part is better and its story more cohesive and all the performance bugs were quickly fixed with the patch, unlike TSL (also a very good game) who suffers from we-all-know-what-and-let's-not-get-into-details-in-this-thread. :)

Yes, while the fanbase b!tched on about how buggy the game is, i was actually playing it. The game however changed too much and i stopped playing but it was still one of the best games i ever played.

My thoughts exactly. I just stopped playing it because i played the trial and my dad can't be bugged to pay 15€ a month.

I voted K1 and the Battlefrond series.

Galaxies was at its greatest BEFORE the compat upgrade, basically right after Jump to Lightspeed came out in my opinion. I never owned the game but a friend of mine did, and I had a character on his computer that I'd play quite a bit. As a rule, though, I never play games where you have to pay any more than the price at the check-out line at my local Target store.

Overall though, nothing beats KotOR I in depth and sheer fun. It stays true to the basic Star Wars guidelines, but setting it 4000 years before most Star Wars game allowed the storyline to follow the same ol' formula but still be new and exciting. And I just love exploring the worlds, doing the side-quests, and making characters. The great number of mods out for it (especially Shem's super enhanced and sound mods! :D ) just add to the experience.

I enjoy the Battlefront games when I just need to blow off some steam or return to the Star Wars roots. Galactic Civil War all the way :)

Jedi outcast and Jedi academy are great, but not open-ended enough for my tastes. Fun games though, chopping up stormtroopers never gets old.

EaW had potential, and I do still play it for fun, but I think they really screwed up on ground combat. I love space battles, but I DONT like the skirmish mode they introduced, so I only get good space battles when I'm playing galactic conquest, which is fine by me because I love Galactic conquest. Ground battles are just tedious, though, and the animations and powers of infantry are just plain corny, I get tired of seeing an AT-ST take ages to kill just one unit of infantry, totally non-star wars-ish.

Just out of curiosity, wasn't X-Wing Alliance released in 2000? That would definately get my vote as well.

My thoughts exactly. I just stopped playing it because i played the trial and my dad can't be bugged to pay 15€ a month.

I played that game for two years solid. I used to play it so much that once i ran downstairs to cook a burger for dinner whilst buffing in coronet. Cooked it and doused it in ketchup then i ran back upstairs with it on a plate only to trip up on the top step and land face first into the burger. It hurt, it burnt and i went downstairs and my mum thought id split my head open what with the ketchup all over my face. The horror on her face was priceless.

Personally, I have to go with the original Knights of the Old Republic as my top choice. I really enjoyed the story and Bioware...they know how to do it right.

Second place for me would be the original version of Star Wars Galaxies [pre-cu]. So much opportunity to do different thing...I miss it. Now it's just trash. I'll sit back and wait and watch to see if pre-cu ever returns, [which it probably won't] but if it does, I am there.

My third place is Jedi Academy. I'm not so big into FPS games, but this one added a little RPG element that made it quite enjoyable for me.

Kotor 1 for the complete SW experience and Republic Commando for the complete Jango's Legacy/Clone Wars experience.

TSL disregards canon and contradicts its own storyline. No ammount of restoration will ever take out the sheer ammount of stupidity it takes to put in the "Ub3R L33t b0ss who can eat a planet through the force".

Will anybody for God's sake add the non-Star Wars games to this list? :(

List which non-SW games have been released by LucasArts between 2000-2006 and perhaps they can be squeezed in, though the vote would likely be skewed if adding new options when so many people have already voted. :)

I voted for TSL and Jedi Academy. TSL had so many engine and gameplay improvements that it was more enjoyable to play than KotOR1 even if I liked the story in KotOR1 better. Jedi Academy is fun for some mindless lightsaber hack&slash on occasion, even though it isn't very Star Wars-like in its gameplay. :)

List which non-SW games have been released by LucasArts between 2000-2006 and perhaps they can be squeezed in, though the vote would likely be skewed if adding new options when so many people have already voted. :)

Got a point there, gynoid madam.

It's got to be a little bigger, but I know that Psychonauts, Thrillville, Monkey Island 4 and Mercenaries were definitely released post-2000.

I played that game for two years solid. I used to play it so much that once i ran downstairs to cook a burger for dinner whilst buffing in coronet. Cooked it and doused it in ketchup then i ran back upstairs with it on a plate only to trip up on the top step and land face first into the burger. It hurt, it burnt and i went downstairs and my mum thought id split my head open what with the ketchup all over my face. The horror on her face was priceless.

LOL! :lol: That is awesome!

But let's get back on topic...

Archived