Home

Ideas for sith lord bosses or otherwise--please nothing rediculous...

Darth Avlectus

I'm all for a female young Sith wearing white clothes wielding a blue lightsaber.

Protagonists can be young, why not villains?

let's look at what we had till now:

Darth Malak. Young to middle aged, cyborg parts.

Darth Sion. An Abnomination.

Darth Nihilus. Weird monster-like guy without personality.

Kreia. Twisted old manipulative witch.

Why not have a villain of ordinary appearance? Elegant and lethal at the same time. What she lacks in monstrosity she makes up with personality.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm all for a female young Sith wearing white clothes wielding a blue lightsaber.

Protagonists can be young, why not villains?

let's look at what we had till now:

Darth Malak. Young to middle aged, cyborg parts.

Darth Sion. An Abnomination.

Darth Nihilus. Weird monster-like guy without personality.

Kreia. Twisted old manipulative witch.

Why not have a villain of ordinary appearance? Elegant and lethal at the same time. What she lacks in monstrosity she makes up with personality.

That's what I am saying. Sort of. Well, that is basically it.

I suppose that if there were multiple female bosses, some could be cute and hot--in fact, that's probably a must by now so I DEFINITELY agree there. Tavion in the JK series is an attractive woman and, even though she isn't full blown sith, she revives one from the dead in jedi academy. She'd be one excellent example to go from.

However, I REALLY want to send a message of true evil... Through personality. That goes on after looks have long lost their luster.

Evil stereotypes being more than just men. They had the right idea with Traya. However, kick it up many notches. I think such an evil woman should also be very exquisite. Not just hotties but the personality. Something you'll remember long after anything else. The kind that evokes such a hatred, you would not be sorry if this person died a slow, horrible, and painful death. You would wish it upon her over and over again getting worse for all eternity, completely arrested by it and no possibility of ever escaping it. Someone whose very voice could make you insanely evil.

Some have suggested humanoid beings that are not of the expected sexes.

Androgynes (either completely both male and female and extremely deformed--regardless of evil or good OR completely nothing; a unic) for bad characters.

Or Hermaphrodites (Both male and female, but not completely both. Not as deformed-or really at all. A mixture.) could be this way. Usually have superior abilities.

The inherent, taboo, vile, twistedness would make for some extreme characters. There are some other things along this route. But this sort of discussion quickly becomes sort of no-no material even if it is PG-13, so be careful. Certainly not for the feint and weak hearted. On the flip side, the taboo is what makes it a unique character.

It isn't hard to imagine a nemesis character crossing over the gender line.

However, back to my original point.

While, yes sidious is the most evil character I have seen portrayed in a movie personality sense, I still think this could be modified to be even more of evil. More detail; I've known many old couples where the man is like palpatine in personality, yet somehow the wife is always worse than him--I know it is hard to imagine. Just remember the saying "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

Nancy Allen, You did suggest an early sidious. Now I am saying make a woman version who by comparison makes him look decent. In fact, there we go. A woman version of sidious--she could be a REAL nightmare too. Combines EVERYTHING from sidious, nihilus, traya, and many others. Like... A character so evil that she not only has the personal effects on YOU (the person playing the game), and has very complex and difficult dialogue for your player in the game; but also as a character she could have all the abilities of the KOTOR sith and then some. Like a combo character who has impossibly higher stats than you could ever have, and specializes in all areas--just the tip of the iceberg, just her jedi status is "overlord" where she has access to all the special stuff and is maxed out on most if not all powers and things. I.E. Has all the best consular stuff yet has all the best guardian stuff too. To make her more interesting, her personality and alignment dynamics are the inverse of yours--but you don't know it until the end. She knows your every move and you are spending the whole game fighting an uphill battle. Your only strategies are your own unpredictability, manipulative 3 sidedness. Forcing you to be a truly wise person (in reality).

I agree with bosses that are dependent on your alignment--Who says it has to be separate bosses?--for the minions that seems like a great idea. The main boss is a metaphorically slippery and unstable one. Even if she's sane and well disciplined. She'll be good if you are bad or vice versa.

Since I believe that the "true Sith" are the Legions of Lettow joined forces with travelers of the Sith species, I'd like their Dark Lord either to be of the Sith race or completely human. I'd rather go for the latter since it's closer to home. And no disfigurations or anything like that; just a normal-looking man with a brilliant mind.

Sidious ain't that evil , I've seen worse persons in movies , but he's clever and in some way charming (befote he gets electrified ) , talks real smooth ...

If I think it over , we have seen two types of evil in the Kotor games :

1) Smart , clever , manipultive : Kreia

2)Strong , monster-like : Malak , Sion ( ~Nihilus )

All of them considered human ... So far most of them where scarred or where a bit cyborg .

I think you could go to what some already proposed , a creature = energy form ( clouds ; fog , electrons ... ) , something like the C'Tan in 40K universe .

Can take any form , eats stars and any life form ... Pure evil by sheer destruction , but are they smart ?

IMO not really , just follow their 'Hunger' like Nihilus .

Maybe a droid or Virus kind of A.I. who becomes Force sensative ?

I think you could go to what some already proposed , a creature = energy form ( clouds ; fog , electrons ... ) , something like the C'Tan in 40K universe .

Can take any form , eats stars and any life form ... Pure evil by sheer destruction , but are they smart ?

Then twist it. It doesn't have to "be" Destruction, but maybe...Creation.

If so, then the Star Forge is a sort of villian in and of itself, causing for the civil war in the Infinite Empire so that they can grow more powerful. It hungers for strife, chaos...so that it can create. Not destruction, per se, but more so creating an enviroment of evil. I speculate that the Star Forge is what caused Malak to betray his master turn manically evil and stupid, wanting to destroy everything.

What if the energy form is basically some highly intelligent oxygen tank...with the main goal of...something. Could be the creation of a new Sith Empire, the ruling of the whole galaxy...or something more. Maybe the intelligent oxygen tank's main goal is to destroy the main character?

A Sith Lord that wears a long black cloak, mandalorian battle armour and a ghostly white mask, and he has no weps but he is incredibly strong in the force.

Meaning that that he could crush your lungs with nothing more than a click of his fingers.

Sidious ain't that evil , I've seen worse persons in movies , but he's clever and in some way charming (befote he gets electrified ) , talks real smooth ...

If I think it over , we have seen two types of evil in the Kotor games :

1) Smart , clever , manipultive : Kreia

2)Strong , monster-like : Malak , Sion ( ~Nihilus )

All of them considered human ... So far most of them where scarred or where a bit cyborg .

Maybe a droid or Virus kind of A.I. who becomes Force sensative ?

Who have you seen that is more evil? And how? I'd LOVE some more examples and ideas.

Maybe I'm just a masochist and like to hit my head on things (Jae Onasi?) just a little too much. However:

I figure why not have someone who has it all--every consular and guardian specialty, yet great overall like a sentinel...while we're at it, all the specialties of the soldier, scout, and scoundrel classes too.

Why NOT make him or her THAT evil? OR better yet, neutral grey and has access to all. Has also some things you don't earn, and attributes higher than you could possibly ever earn in the game without cheating...defeating him or her even on easy would still put a splinter in your brain.

Clever and manipulative, yet powerful and brutal too.

So far as evil is concerned:

The subversive and subtle approach may not appear much in short, but it has quite the dramatic effect when accumulating over time. It takes not only someone clever but with the nerve to use that cleverness for evil.

Undermining, deceiving people with their passions and prejudices--saturating their vision so that they are blinded to the fact that they are your will, or if they see it, they are at least unable to resist it.

The art of deception: Once you get somebody to trust you, that person will open up a word to your disposal.

Palpatine needed to be a smooth talker--kind of a necessity while donning the friendly El`politico mask...plus he needed to find his way to AAABBSOLUUUTE POWER!

The entirety of starwars REAKS maetphorics and symbolism. The life of the galaxy and anakin/vader. The death of democracy, the death of padme. Palpatine deformed, also exposed for the true evil and ugly that he is.

A.I.? Virus? Combined--ever fancy that? Sounds sort of like the megaman X series. (Is that because I have a pic of Zero as my avatar? :) )

You mean like sigma and Zero from megaman X? The Zero and sigma virus programs were supernatural: harm or tweak *everything* regardless of what it is--even manipulated in one case to turn lava BLUE of all colors! OF course it helped Zero and sigma. Everyone else reploid wise turned maverick or died. It was a virus composed of bodies of ionization--or so it appears. That's my best explanation.

Funny how there are some odd similarities to SW in megaman games-- I think keiji inafune is a closet SW fan! In fact, "Vile" who looks a lot like boba fett was voiced by none other than the body of mr fett himself in ROTJ, Corey Bullock.

Anyway, sorry abou that Jae. I know you are only doing your job as a moderator/admin member, but I'm glad you are here. Being politically correct so I don't have to be. ;) Censoring for those times I go slightly out of range. I daresay, with an onasi at your side, it's hard to go wrong. ......well unless wrong to you IS on the light side of justice.

...If I knew where my comic was, Jae, I'd scan it and show you another JarJar image for laughs. By toyfare mag since everyone wants to put something rediculous on this thread, even tho I asked for it not to be that way.

Anybody got some of beavis and butthead in an SW esque scene?

Episode I: The phantom Butt-Face!

In any case, meatbags, I do belive that an all encompassing sith would hit the spot.

And I did sort of hint at one point, I think, at it being something other than humanoid. Maybe not. That's the problem with dry and biting sarcasm for a sense of humor--nobody knows when to laugh or take you serious. Oh well.

Supposition: The idea of a sith who creates and expands instead of destroys and consumes is a grand idea that has only been grazed once by the concept of the star forge. Would you meatbags find any objection with a boss that did such?

Another bio-organic/droid cyborg being is relatively new as well with greivous. If it could use force powers and it had 4 legs an impurvious attacking tail and 4-6 arms--what sayeth thou? Or somesuch.

Well the true evil I have seen in movies , where real-life based movies , realistic ones .

One scene I remember is about street live in Brazil , where gang of kids fight amongst each other . They're age ranges from 5 to 15 years old .

Just this scene where one of the older youngsters command one of his younger friends to shoot some other kid in the foot or hand ....

I can tell you , that struck me way harder as evil then the stereo-type "monster" evil characters we see in movies like SW or things like " Van Helsing" stuff .

Besides the strong protective censor things in many country's towards childeren ... things get way to much polished , I mean there's lots of explosions , fighting violance , but blood ? A real showing of pain ?

Sometimes its a bit absurd in these action flicks .

I now that you don't tons of blood to be shown to establish an evil character , but I feel in some way that censor laws can be very restrictive to create a real pure evil person .

Physical violence is one way to create an evil image, but some of the movies I've seen catch total evilness way better with psychological violence if you know what I mean...

It may be just me, but that kind of evil shocks me much more than Sidious whom i find rather amusing.

Anyway, Star wars doesn't need such total evil characters imo. :)

i think darth revan shud be the boss

I don't. :)

As I've said before, I would like the Sith Lord to be something new, something we haven't seen before. I'm not really sure what that is, but I suggested before that it be some kind of a dark side essence, like someone who has given up his body to practically become one with the Force and become this dark side "cloud".

Aside from perhaps Hitler I do not see anyone who could possibly beat out Palpatine as the greatest evil ever, in real life or in fiction. But if there was such a person, if there was someone who could hold a candle to Sidious, it would be Oliver O'Grady, the former priest and unapologetic child rapist that is over and above what we have seen in the 21st century as pure evil. The docuementary Deliver Us From Evil paints him as 'In saintly looking Father O'Grady, director Amy Berg has found a villain more demonic than any fictional bad guy.'

While I agree with most everyone that having a human as the main bad guy is for the best and that making her female and having one or many men in love with her that seem like the main bad guy would be fantastic.

But what about having a high level boss that is a droid, but a droid that is like General Grevous. One that has been trained in the Jedi arts and uses that lightsabres of the jedi that he has already killed.

I thought that it might be interesting to have a high level difficult droid to fight. Maybe even one that also acts as a servant to the main dark lords that you see doing menial tasks for them during cuts seens. Maybe this guy could be like the Sion or Bastila was, someone that you fight right before the main bad guy.

Please let me know what you think

If we're going Droid I say apply everything we just discussed to the female sith earlier (except being pretty of course lol) Anything wierder than a smart, manipulative robot? We could play the same mislead idea and have him be like an old sith guy who nearly died - not vader style: lost next to all brain activity. mostly just used as parts for the robot lol - and now acts as a protocal droid. Until... wallop. He's not as retarded as we thought hehe.

Or this droid could by something like the "puppet-master" from the Ghost in the Shell 2 movie .

Maybe in its real form it would be like an ancient astromech droid , gone a bit crazy or infected by something , ( this reminds me of an old Star Trek movie where that sattelite Voyager returns totally modded .)

IMO I think it couldn't hurt if we saw some more of the ugly side of the SW universe .

Hey all.

Anyway--psychological violence is what I was working up to--I suppose sidious is amusing...but his cleverness in the way he carried out his evils--there's just something that just get's ya. Vaelastraz, well said. The ultimate evil is that which is unseen acting as a friend...until the right moment, or it is too late and damage is done.

As far as a droid boss--I suppose one could go with that. Describe in greater detail.

Why not have a power like force "destruction" like in the jedi knight series--sure the weapons like a Tenloss DXR-6 disruptor rifle (which goes right THROUGH lightsabers like they're nothing at all and disintegrates the target) may be strictly to that era, but I thought force powers were indiscriminant? In case anybody needs a re-up on this dark side power: In jedi knight 1 it was throwing a sort of plasma fireball that exploded violently upon impact, ignited target, and hurled mini-shards of the ball in all direction killing or at least severely wounding everyone within its radius.

A K1 mod was made that has similar effects as far as fire and explosions, but it was a rainbow colored version of force lightning.

Another mod is either for JK2 or 3 that is throwing firebolts; a reskinned and altered sonud fx version force lightning looking as though it is bolts of fire instead.

How about a twisted mother daughter relationship? The mother is the totally evil not so attractive (though not as hideous as sidious and some of revan in deviantart.com) woman because of middle age.

The daughter is the sexy one.

I think as far as a plot--the two of them seemingly allies of your character, but as it progresses you find out the horrible truth.

I'm just throwing stones to see what hits and what misses with us LF'ers

Another idea is--well, sort of a combination of previously mentioned ideas by other people and given slight attention by myself, I do think this was hinted at in whole by at least one of you out there..... buuuuuutttttt: How about with dude's comments above that the boss should be revan, BUT revan will be somewhat dependent on your gameplay and dialogue choices...and perhaps a little featurette recognizing previous savegames from K1 and K2...if they contradict, then it will remain a mystery until the end, sort of. Why not have another boss be the exile? Same goes here.

And I still think there should be more bosses too.

Force doppleganger: replicates player but does it thrice-fold and knows your every move; something that would really make you think... strategy wise; of course there should be an easy remedy that is difficult to find and yet still more difficult to obtain. Randomizing maps too--sorta like diablo, and I know blizzard doesn't have the market on random maps. So lucas arts could do that.

Archived