Home

The One Year Thread 2007: XWA's Celibatic Boogaloo

Rogue Nine

I'm back! Finally moved in and everything.

ED: I am planning on using my tax return for an amp/guitar. Webcam coming soon too.

Living on my own is pretty good. no parents yelling at me, and i can do... pretty much anything i damned well please. Nice to have my freedom and independance.

Nute: Does this Canadian Bird want my contact information? I'm highly interested in saying hi.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow... busy day around here! Got home and had something like 20 threads notifing me about new posts. Full moon? No. New moon... well, something has got everybody jazzed.

Gun-daddy returns too. Very cool.

Crack - check out some stuff in your price range and let me know what you are thinking about getting. I'll give you some input, and ask all the other guitar players I work with.

I'll have to look into a webcam at that point.

Once I have it I'll just have to remember to shut it off in the mornings... when I'm surfing for and looking at smut.

And also in the evenings and late at night... when I'm surfing for and looking at... er,.. smut, as well.

And in the middle of the afternoon... when I'm surf... well, you get the idea. :dozey:

;)

:joy:

Leemu - Yeah... rent "This Is Spinal Tap" sometime. It's amazing. Great film.

Your last couple of weeks sound pretty much like what I went through after Christmas. Our bodies telling us not to mess with the program, maybe? ;)

Gibsons have gotten way out of hand lately. Even the "affordable" models are outside of most folks price rages... The Les Paul Studio used to be the starter instrument... but now it's getting astronomical.

But Guitar Player Magazine recently put an Epiphone Les Paul head-to-head up against a top of the line Custom Shop Les Paul... and it held it's own fairly well. The biggest complaint with the Epi was the pickups.

Or a Mexican Fender. Also pretty good.

I guess it all depends on what style of music you want to play, and who's (as in: which famous player) tone you want to base yours on.

Yeah... the Epi's gonna be more "classic", though the other comes with so many more goodies. Tough choice...

I've never been a huge fan of the Ibanezes... until you get to the multi-thou Satch and Vai custom jobbies, that is.

Nitro said in one of these threads that he liked his Epi much better than his cheapo Ibanez, I do believe.

Perhaps he could clarify the situation if he's around...

Epiphone Les Paul

Mexican Fender

I own both of these. :p I've never had the pleasure of playing an American Strat, but I *can* vouch for the Epi LP being almost on par with it's Gibson counterpart. The stock pups really are the only easily discernable difference, and most discerning players are going to swap them out anyway.

Yeah,.. I'm cooking pasta, and listening to Yes.

Get to sleep in tomorrow... but then I've got to get my car inspected and buy some more winter clothing. I gave away a lot of my older coats and jackets this summer but never got around to buying replacements.

Now it's cold and I regret my short-sightedness and laziness. Been wearing like 5 or 6 layers just to keep warn the last few days.

EDIT:

Nitrous managed to wedge a post in there whist I was typing, making my post appear incoherent and non-sequitur-ish. Ahhh,.. very well.

Such is the price I pay for typing with one finger.

Not even one finger on each hand for the most part... one finger PERIOD.

It's amazing that I have gotten as many words out as I have.

You also would think I would have chosen a far more simplistic and much less verbose writing style for the majority of my posts... but NOOOOoooo! You would be wrong there too... Excuse me: You would find yourself spectacularly mistaken on that account as well, dear reader. :dozey:

How do you, then, capitalize your letters with one fin.... oh, the caps lock key.

Right..... um... >.>

Anyway, living alone, I have realized a few things....

Food costs alot of money.

I'm largly bored most of the time.

Cooking creates very large messes.

Next place I move too will have a laundry room on the SAME &^$#ING FLOOR.

I cannot live more than 4 days with out the internet.

Well, I do use some of my left hand... mostly for the shift, and just now I hit the "a" and the "s" keys with it.

But 99% of the keys I hit are with the middle finger of my right hand.

Which is the main reason why I have never signed up to an instant messaging service. Waiting for my replies would be painful, and without spell check and my own relentless editing, reading them would make you embarrassed for me.

Yeah, probably not... but I don't think that will be an issue anyway though. I have no urge to get involved with any game with a monthly fee. Too much pressure to always be playing the damn thing.

Or I could take a typing class or get some training software.

But that probably ain't gonna happen either. I get by with my hunt-and-peck method good enough for what I do.

Hmmm... this is about the closest I've been involved to a "real-time" thread around here for a long time.

eh, galaxies is different for everybody, some people like it, some hate it. the ones that hate it are mainly the ones that played it before SOE performed combat upgrades to it, so that's where most of the bad reviews come from. I played before the 1st combat upgrade through NGE, pre-NGE had more stuff to do and more professions to choose from, different experience points were required to get different skills (use rifles to get rifle man xp, build camps to get survival xp) now the experience points is just based on combat and questing. It's still cool in the fact you can join the Empire, drive swoops and speeders, go into space in various tie fighters as well as upgrade your ship and put parts on it, and have your own house/s in the game.

lol.

I just installed a crap webcam. I wan wondering if you would like to try it sometime.

Uh, sure.

I don't have one yet. I'll have to do a LOT more cleaning around my office before I get one too...

But yeah, let's give it a try to see if we can figure out how we just might make lessons work.

today's been good so far....

woke up at around 10, called my mom and talked for about an hour, then decided to go walk/run 2 miles before going to work at 12...that took 50 minutes, finished by stretching so i don't get a charlie horse later, then changed into work clothing and headed off to work, got there 5 minutes late, swiped my badge, and 'REJECTED TOO EARLY' my dept mgr was there so i was like 'hey am i early??' and she said i was supposed to be in at 5pm, so we double-checked the schedule and sure enough...so now i'm back home, my dad's prolly gonna come over later so we can call the tax collector and get the tax bill (the one that sayeth i owe $100 to some school district...like wtf i didn't get one of these last year!) hopefully we can get that fixed so i don't owe them anything at all1! if i do owe them $100 i'll just pay it and be done w/it. not like i'll get the tax bill next year.

rest of todays plan is:

eat lunch (sloppy joe/baked beans)

play galaxies for 30-60 minutes

work out 30-60 minutes

call about tax bill (5-30 minutes)

clean apartment (30 minutes)

get ready for work

work (4 hours)

watch a few episodes of 24 season one/play galaxies

go to bed

edit:

I called the tax collector...had a nice conversation with her. (unlike last time where i called everything she said 'bull ****'...that's what happens when i get on the phone in the morning ) the tax is a 'Per Capita' tax that is supposedly given to everybody that is over the age of 18 within a school district. That's pretty lame that my sister did not receive one of these. So yeah, i'm buying her lunch at mcdonalds with that $5.25 penalty. Apparantly that's why I don't see any thing like 'berlin twp' tax thing on my paystubs. oh well. guess i'll be paying that next week..along with my rent and cable bill. o well least i'll have enough left over for gas til the next paycheck...which i'll be spending on car insurance and a new pair of glasses. :)

Archived