Home

Gears of War

Carlo El Sanchez

Has anybody here played Gears of War ? iv passed it on casual and hardcore, i recon it was damn good, except the enviroments get abit repeditive but other than that its the only game with the BEST graphics up to date. From seeing the end cutscene after you defeat RAAM (which took me 28 trys >.<) their will be a sequel to Gears of War. What do the rest of you think of the game, whether you have played it, own it or have passed it.

I have Gears of War. While I’m not a fan of shooter games, whether they are FPS or TPS, I think it’s an awesome game! The graphics on it are brilliant. Although when you live in a house where the 360 is in a room with a large LCD TV with HD (it’s connected to this TV of course), a comfy recliner rocker couch and two comfy recliner rocker chairs plus a nice air conditioner with vents in every room of the house, just about any 360 game is awesome to play on!

I haven’t played GoW for almost two months though. I played it on Casual since I’m pretty crap at these shooting type of games, since I've only ever played a few of those type of games, in fact I don’t play many games in general, and I got up to level or stage 5 (can’t remember if it’s level or stage) but yeah, I haven’t finished the game yet but mustn’t be far off. I’ll most likely get around to playing it again some time this year, and finish the game. By the way, nice avatar and sig, since I’m a big Scarface and Al Pacino fan an all.

I have Gears of War. While I’m not a fan of shooter games, whether they are FPS or TPS, I think it’s an awesome game! The graphics on it are brilliant. Although when you live in a house where the 360 is in a room with a large LCD TV with HD (it’s connected to this TV of course), a comfy recliner rocker couch and two comfy recliner rocker chairs plus a nice air conditioner with vents in every room of the house, just about any 360 game is awesome to play on!

I haven’t played GoW for almost two months though. I played it on Casual since I’m pretty crap at these shooting type of games, since I've only ever played a few of those type of games, in fact I don’t play many games in general, and I got up to level or stage 5 (can’t remember if it’s level or stage) but yeah, I haven’t finished the game yet but mustn’t be far off. I’ll most likely get around to playing it again some time this year, and finish the game. By the way, nice avatar and sig, since I’m a big Scarface and Al Pacino fan an all.

Thanks, and yeah games are good when your playing them in a good enviroment. My small living room with two Italian leather couches, $3000 Air-Con and $2000 widescreen tv makes playing enjoyable. :)

Thanks, and yeah games are good when your playing them in a good enviroment. My small living room with two Italian leather couches, $3000 Air-Con and $2000 widescreen tv makes playing enjoyable. :)

That's nothing on my quadrillion dollar keyboard. Made it myself.

A friend of mine got it, together we spent many, many days playing to beat that game. It was very good, graphics were amazing especially for a console game. Made me want to get an Xbox360 right there, along with 1. Dead Rising and 2.Saints Row but it'll have to wait.

Ah, we beat it on hardcore difficulty by the way.

A friend of mine got it, together we spent many, many days playing to beat that game. It was very good, graphics were amazing especially for a console game. Made me want to get an Xbox360 right there, along with 1. Dead Rising and 2.Saints Row but it'll have to wait.

Ah, we beat it on hardcore difficulty by the way.

Many, many days? Oh, come on, the game is awfully short, especially for 2 players. Just kidding :lol:

Yeah, its a damn good game indeed, and, since I havent decided which VG I'll buy, remains the hope it'll be released for pc.

Many, many days? Oh, come on, the game is awfully short, especially for 2 players. Just kidding :lol:

Yeah, its a damn good game indeed, and, since I havent decided which VG I'll buy, remains the hope it'll be released for pc.

I would LOVE to see it released on the PC. One of the game's few faults in my opinion was the fact that there were a lot of controls and commands that were often awkward to execute properly. With a good keyboard it would be much, much easier to execute some of the delicate combat maneuvers.

Still, that's no reason to skip the game or anything, just takes a little getting used to :).

loved it. The addition of cooperative play made this game really enjoyable over XBox Live. I'm hoping there will be a coop Star Wars game sometime in the future.

Sup mang? Welcome to the forums.

Aye, though I haven't played co-op on Live yet, that is a very nice feature.

GoW freakin' rocks. with the exception of the Zelda game on the Wii, there isn't another game on the market that is truely as revolutionary as GoW. excellent game with as close to photo realistic graphics as i've seen in a final product.

i haven't played it online especially since i don't actually own a 360, but i have played through split-screen co-op with a friend. good stuff. :D

GoW freakin' rocks. with the exception of the Zelda game on the Wii, there isn't another game on the market that is truely as revolutionary as GoW. excellent game with as close to photo realistic graphics as i've seen in a final product.

i haven't played it online especially since i don't actually own a 360, but i have played through split-screen co-op with a friend. good stuff. :D

I fail to see how either games is revolutionary. They might be very good, but hardly revolutionary. I haven't played GoW, mostly because I don't own a 360 and because I don't have much interest in it. I've seen it in action at Future Shop and I thought it looked good, but I definately did not feel an urge to pick up the controller and play myself. I also found the framerate to be really choppy, and there weren't a lot of characters on screen either.

Archived