Home

What worlds do you want in KOTOR 3?

Joetheeskimo

Well, even if bob talks to Ood in k3 it still does not change the fact that luke is the first jedi ood talks to in thousands of years.

As for Coruscant... From what I remember the place is nothing close to the big city we know of, but I guess it would be interesting.

As for Alderaan, sure why not, I mean we have never been there in any games ever, plus we get to see those bug holes on the mountains. Now hopefully therer is nothing in the story about "joiners"

Hmmm, according to Wookiepedia Coruscant was still a major metrpolic centre, but it would be cool to investigate a similar but slightly smaller and different Coruscant and Jedi Temple to that of the Movies era.

Early Republic

In 25,000 BBY, the Corellians and Duros invented the hyperdrive proper, allowing Coruscant to become the capital of a democratic union—the Galactic Republic. The planet remained the Republic's capital for twenty five thousand years. Shortly after the formation of the Republic, the Perlemian Trade Route was mapped, linking Coruscant to Ossus and bringing the Jedi Knights into the Republic. Over the next millennium, the Corellian Run was mapped, linking Coruscant to Corellia and beyond. Blasters were also invented on Coruscant around this time, and the famous Galactic Museum was constructed in 12,000 BBY.

Galactic City c.5,000 BBY.From the very beginning, Coruscant, as the Republic's capital, was the primary objective in several wars. The earliest among these was the Tionese War with the Honorable Union of Desevro and Tion in 24,000 BBY, in which Coruscant was bombarded with Tionese pressure bombs. Other early battles included the Alsakan Conflicts, the Duinuogwuin Contention, the Great Hyperspace War, the Third Great Schism, the Great Droid Revolution, and the Great Sith War.

Following the devastation of Ossus, the Jedi Council took up residence in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, to which many Jedi relics from Ossus were taken. The Temple was greatly expanded, including the building of the original Jedi Council Chamber. The Temple was repeatedly expanded including in 3,519 BBY, 2,519 BBY (when the Jedi Archives were built), 2,019 BBY, and 1,000 BBY (when the Temple spires were built).

Whatever I think Courscant is a must!

But I would put Alderaan above Coruscant as a planet I want to have a look around!

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Coruscant - definitely!

Corellia - no thanks. There seems to be no reason to.

What? I know you said “there seems to be”, but you have to understand that since we know nothing about KotOR III’s currently non-existent plot, it is folly to say which planets that there seems to be no reason to visit.

Every planet we visit in KotOR III will be important from a plot perspective. Duh! If we are to visit Corellia in KotOR III (and it is possible) there would be a reason why you go there or begin there! Because the devs would come up with a reason. They could make almost any planet worth visiting in KotOR III.

Corellia is an interesting choice, because it could be potentially good from a role-playing perspective, considering it’s a very populated planet, correct? And from a visual perspective it would be nice too.

How do you know that Corellia isn’t worth visiting in KotOR III, since we currently know nothing about the official KotOR III plot (either because it’s secret or currently non-existent)?

I’ll give you an example of how Corellia could be used in KotOR III:

Say in the Jedi Civil War your character was a padawan on the verge of becoming a Jedi Knight. You were dubbed as the next Revan because of your strong connection to the force.

You possess a unique ability to manipulate people (for good or ill) via conversation to your own benefit. You have an exceptional aptitude to tell when someone is lying or not. In other words, you’re unique.

Ever since the Jedi Civil War ended you’ve been hiding and living on the world of Corellia. You didn’t turn away from the force like the Exile did, nor did you stop using it. Nevertheless, you haven’t really progressed beyond your padawan status several years ago, and do need some more training if you are to pick up where you left off.

Lately, you’ve been having these dreams, or should I say visions? Visions that are giving you headaches and making your body feel sore, like you’ve been “doin’ it” all night. The game kicks off with a cut-scene, where you’re tossing and turning in your sleep, because of these darn visions!

You see this scary looking DS woman with long blonde hair and icy blue eyes attacking someone (you don’t see who she’s attacking) on some spaceship. She appears to be some Sith acolyte.

Your life has gone down hill ever since the end of the Jedi Civil War. You’ve become an unemployed alcoholic with a gambling addiction who is almost bankrupt. Someone who you’ve gotten to know over the years who really cares about you encourages you to get your life back on track, get off Corellia, and find someone who can help you.

Why are you having these visions? Why is it causing you pain? Who is the woman in the visions? Who can help you? How are you going to get off Corellia without a ship, a pilot (since you can’t fly ships) and a decent mechanic/repair dude (since you suck at that too)?

Your goal would be to come up with enough credits to buy a ship, hire a pilot and hire a mechanic/repair dude. You’d be kept busy from a role-playing perspective on Corellia. As you can imagine, there are several ways to come up with the credits, including bounty hunting, mercenary work, hunting, pazaak (doesn’t help your gambling addiction I know) and swoop racing.

During your quest to come up with enough credits to buy what you need and hire that you need, you will come across someone who wants to help you and gives you an atypical force crystal that can help you increase your connection to the force much quicker than the average folk.

Now why does the person give you the crystal? Who is this person? Why does this person want your help? Why does this person want to help you? Ah, that would be for the devs to tell in an example like this, and yes, if anyone is wondering, this is a sneak preview (a very brief one I might add) of part one of my new KotOR III story.

As I’ve said however, I will only make it available for other people to read if I finish it, and that is a big, big if. Anyway Jediphile, this is an example of how any planet can be worth visiting or may be needed to visit from a plot perspective. Not that I’m fine with visiting any planet in KotOR III by the way. I don’t like isolated, Peragus type crap.

And yeah yeah, I know you prefer beginning on Coruscant as a padawan. Oh well. If you happen to read part one of my story however Jediphile, I’d be surprised if you think that it sucks and isn't plausible.

What? I know you said “there seems to be”, but you have to understand that since we know nothing about KotOR III’s currently non-existent plot, it is folly to say which planets that there seems to be no reason to visit.

So, what? I'm a fool because I don't see a compelling reason for seeing Corellia in KotOR3 because I can't think of one and nobody has suggested one either? It would be a lot more constructive if you suggested something interesting yourself instead of inferring folly on the part of other people because they disagree with you. I have at least given reasons for every planet I would like to see in KotOR3.

Say in the Jedi Civil War your character was a padawan on the verge of becoming a Jedi Knight. You were dubbed as the next Revan because of your strong connection to the force.

Sound rather uncompelling to me already...

You possess a unique ability to manipulate people (for good or ill) via conversation to your own benefit. You have an exceptional aptitude to tell when someone is lying or not. In other words, you’re unique.

Well, that's the very ability I gave the protagonist in my own plot (as you well know), and he/she wasn't from Corellia either, so that's not much of an explanation...

Your goal would be to come up with enough credits to buy a ship, hire a pilot and hire a mechanic/repair dude. You’d be kept busy from a role-playing perspective on Corellia. As you can imagine, there are several ways to come up with the credits, including bounty hunting, mercenary work, hunting, pazaak (doesn’t help your gambling addiction I know) and swoop racing.

This could all happen on lots and lots of planets. Even Coruscant.

Corellia is interesting because it is the one of the first planets with humans. They're the ones who came up with the whole Heaven/Hell religions. Corellia is a very important homeworld for humans, and I think, one of the founders of the Republic.

Basically, Corellia can be a stand-in for Corasunt.

Me? I just want to see the True Sith homeworld, and a planet soley for Jedi/Force Using training. Prehaps a Jedi graveyard homeworld might be nice as well.

So, what? I'm a fool because I don't see a compelling reason for seeing Corellia in KotOR3 because I can't think of one and nobody has suggested one either? It would be a lot more constructive if you suggested something interesting yourself instead of inferring folly on the part of other people because they disagree with you. I have at least given reasons for every planet I would like to see in KotOR3.

Huh? Umm….I just did. I gave an example of how Corellia could be used in KotOR III.

Sound rather uncompelling to me already...

Why? Why is it a bad idea that you just happen to be someone who was going to be the next big thing? It’s not like Revan was the only force user with great potential.

Well, that's the very ability I gave the protagonist in my own plot (as you well know), and he/she wasn't from Corellia either, so that's not much of an explanation...

So, what, are you saying that there’s not much of an explanation as to why the PC in your story grows powerful over a short amount of time as well? From what I remember, that was the only unique attribute you applied to the PC in your story.

This could all happen on lots and lots of planets. Even Coruscant.

Yes I know. Have I claimed otherwise? Not on Coruscant though. Why would you hide from the Sith on Coruscant? Think about it. The Sith. Coruscant.

Huh? Umm….I just did. I gave an example of how Corellia could be used in KotOR III.

How it could be used, yes, but not why it should be Corellia over most other planets we could mention.

Why? Why is it a bad idea that you just happen to be someone who was going to be the next big thing? It’s not like Revan was the only force user with great potential.

No, but "the next Revan" doesn't sound terribly original to me...

So, what, are you saying that there’s not much of an explanation as to why the PC in your story grows powerful over a short amount of time as well? From what I remember, that was the only unique attribute you applied to the PC in your story.

It was. But since I already put it in my plot, which I know you've read, that doesn't go very far to make it original or explain why Corellia should be an important planet.

Yes I know. Have I claimed otherwise? Not on Coruscant though. Why would you hide from the Sith on Coruscant? Think about it. The Sith. Coruscant.

Seemed to work for Palpatine against his enemies, though...

How it could be used, yes, but not why it should be Corellia over most other planets we could mention.

I didn’t say that it should be Corellia did I? I agree with you that they could use many planets, including Corellia. It doesn’t necessarily have to be Corellia; it’s just that it’s an interesting choice, because it’s apparently well populated and visually nice, kind of like Coruscant. Populated planets with swoop racing tracks, cantinas and so on = plenty of role playing.

No, but "the next Revan" doesn't sound terribly original to me...

What, has that title already been taken has it? By who? :)

It was. But since I already put it in my plot, which I know you've read, that doesn't go very far to make it original or explain why Corellia should be an important planet.

Once again, I didn’t say that Corellia should be an important planet in KotOR III. I used it, because it sounds good from a role-playing perspective, and the KotOR III PC just happened to go hide there.

Why? Same idea as Zez-Kai Ell pretty much. Why not somewhere else? Umm…he/she just chose Corellia. It had to be somewhere, and perhaps the K3 PC was born on Corellia. That’s up to the player I guess.

Seemed to work for Palpatine against his enemies, though...

Yes but I'm talking about the Jedi hiding from the Sith, not the other way around. Besides, Palpatine wasn't hiding from a planet eating Sith Lord, a Sith Lord who can regenerate and a group of deadly force-draining assassins, who all must have been fully aware of Coruscant’s significance to the Jedi, was he?

May I point out the Problem with Naboo in the KotOR era is that it hasn't been settled by humans yet, so no Theed etc, and do you really want to run into Gungans? (admitadly Jar-Jar has tarnished what could have been a decent species in my eyes).

I would have no problem with hacking up some Gungans. (And I doubt

we would run into Jar Jar...)

And not settled yet ??

Those peoples came to Naboo from Grizmallt because of some conflict

there 4,000 BBY... And the Jedi Civil War took place 3,956 BBY... And

KotOR 3 ?? Somewhere between 3,950-3,900 BBY maybe ??

So isn't it possible there was some settlement at that time already ??

Urm... could you guys please stay on topic? This thread is about discussing possible planets for KoTOR3, not arguing over a possible story idea for the game!

They are staying on topic, they are debating if Corellia is a valid choice of planet to have in K3.

I would have no problem with hacking up some Gungans. (And I doubt

we would run into Jar Jar...)

And not settled yet ??

Those peoples came to Naboo from Grizmallt because of some conflict

there 4,000 BBY... And the Jedi Civil War took place 3,956 BBY... And

KotOR 3 ?? Somewhere between 3,950-3,900 BBY maybe ??

So isn't it possible there was some settlement at that time already ??

Indeed I stand Corrected, that a Retcon? As I don't originally remember humans being on Naboo untill 2,500 BBY. Or is my memory playing tricks on me. If there are humans there then Naboo would be quite cool to visit.

To me fair Naboo is already discovered, and it is possable that some small encampments are there, research camps and explorers and what not. Whatever it is it would not be a big settlement. I guess it would be fine if you like hunting gungans, but personally I think it is quite boring compare to all the planets out there.

How about Ziost? It would be a wonderful journey, and with the chance of meeting some surviving Sith(species).

Coruscant is quite populated, but it would be like Taris really.

I wouldn't mind if Naboo was included. I actually rather like Gungans, but Jar Jar is just awful. If Naboo is included in KotOR III, they could give a whole new look to the Gungans and actually make them seem cool.

I think Ziost is a must. If the plot really will be about the True Sith (I don' see what else it could be about), then I think you could find some pretty interesting things there, if not the True Sith themselves.

Sorry for going off-topic, but…

Another thing Jediphile, you say that the KotOR III PC being “the next Revan” is a bad thing. Fair enough. You say that the KotOR III PC being uber powerful like Revan and the Exile is lame and repetitive. Again, fair enough.

However you are contradicting yourself, because in your plot, you go from a padawan to a Jedi Knight to a Jedi Master (the LS way) in what, less than a year or something? It took the likes of Anakin, Yoda, Palpatine and Luke years to become powerful, and what, the KotOR III PC can go from a padawan to a Jedi Knight to a Jedi Master in less than a year?

So it’s okay to play as someone who is like, more powerful than Luke and Anakin put together, but it’s not okay to play as someone who had the potential to become the next Revan in the JCW? Umm…I’m confused.

However you are contradicting yourself, because in your plot, you go from a padawan to a Jedi Knight to a Jedi Master (the LS way) in what, less than a year or something? It took the likes of Anakin, Yoda, Palpatine and Luke years to become powerful, and what, the KotOR III PC can go from a padawan to a Jedi Knight to a Jedi Master in less than a year?

Nonsense. Your confusion is due to the different meanings of the term "jedi master" which can three different things:

1. Anyone who sits on the jedi council.

2. Any knight who has a padawan learner.

3. Any jedi as experienced and powerful as Yoda, Windu, or others we could mention.

Sure, in my plot I had the pc end up on the council, and I had him have a padawan learner, but that doesn't make him as powerful as Yoda or Windu, nor have I ever said so. Au contraire. In your apparent confusion you seem to have forgotten that I also put all of the exile's companions on the council, which would make them jedi masters as well. Granted, Visas already had jedi/sith training and Mical a bit as a padawan, but the same is not true for the rest of the exile's companions, and yet I had Atton, Bao-Dur, and Mira on the council, even though they went from non-jedi to extremely high-leveled jedi during the time span of TSL, which is less than a year. I never heard you complain about that.

Sure, in my plot I had the pc end up on the council, and I had him have a padawan learner, but that doesn't make him as powerful as Yoda or Windu, nor have I ever said so. Au contraire. In your apparent confusion you seem to have forgotten that I also put all of the exile's companions on the council, which would make them jedi masters as well. Granted, Visas already had jedi/sith training and Mical a bit as a padawan, but the same is not true for the rest of the exile's companions, and yet I had Atton, Bao-Dur, and Mira on the council, even though they went from non-jedi to extremely high-leveled jedi during the time span of TSL, which is less than a year. I never heard you complain about that.

...But there is no reason WHY he would sit on the Council. You said that this padawan is just that, a normal padawan.

At least the jedi compaions got the job as the virtue of 'teaching' the new students, as they are the founders of the Jedi Order. They were the strongest Jedi in the galaxy at the time, because they were the only Jedi. But...what did this padawan do? Play second-fiddle to Revan and Exile. Doesn't sound compelling, especially since the jedi companions would become much more powerful within the time between K2 and K3, by training and such.

Nonsense. Your confusion is due to the different meanings of the term "jedi master" which can three different things:

1. Anyone who sits on the jedi council.

But Anakin sat on the Council in RotS, and he wasn’t a Jedi Master. I always thought that the only way to become a Jedi Master is to actually acquire that rank.

2. Any knight who has a padawan learner.

Sure, the padawan will call their master “master”, because they are their master, but that doesn’t essentially make them a master. Like how Anakin often called Obi-Wan “master” in AotC, when Obi-Wan was actually still a Jedi Knight.

3. Any jedi as experienced and powerful as Yoda, Windu, or others we could mention.

Sure, in my plot I had the pc end up on the council, and I had him have a padawan learner, but that doesn't make him as powerful as Yoda or Windu, nor have I ever said so. Au contraire.

I didn’t say you said that the K3 PC is as powerful as Yoda or Windu, but it seems that way since you go from a padawan to a Jedi Knight to a Jedi Master in approximately less than a year.

While the K3 PC may not be a “true” Jedi Master in terms of rank, I don’t think it is a good idea for the Council to put someone who hasn’t been a Jedi Knight for very long on the Council, since it may go to his/her head. But that’s just my opinion.

In your apparent confusion you seem to have forgotten that I also put all of the exile's companions on the council, which would make them jedi masters as well. Granted, Visas already had jedi/sith training and Mical a bit as a padawan, but the same is not true for the rest of the exile's companions, and yet I had Atton, Bao-Dur, and Mira on the council, even though they went from non-jedi to extremely high-leveled jedi during the time span of TSL, which is less than a year. I never heard you complain about that.

You’re right, previously I didn’t complain about that, but I’ve changed my mind. Does there have to be a Jedi Council? I think so. Are there enough “proper” Jedi Masters left to form a new Council? Maybe. I doubt it though.

There might be two or three proper masters left, but going by Kreia’s forecast of the future of LS Exile’s companions and who’s “next in line”; I’ve always thought that LS Exile’s companions will lead the rebuilding phase of the new Jedi Order.

Since they are the most powerful Jedi left, thus they would form the new Council, because they are of the highest rank. In other words, it wouldn’t be a proper Council, but a necessary one.

As SilentScope001 said, depending on how long after TSL KotOR III is set, LS Exile’s companions have some time to become more powerful, not necessarily to the power level of a master, but perhaps close to it. I also second SS001’s question of why the K3 PC in your story ends up on the Council.

Sure, the padawan will call their master “master”, because they are their master, but that doesn’t essentially make them a master. Like how Anakin often called Obi-Wan “master” in AotC, when Obi-Wan was actually still a Jedi Knight.

This, plus the fact that "Master" is the title for all proper Jedi, both Knights and Masters. It's untraditional, but some Jedi - including Jorus C'Baoth - extended the title even to Padawans, as we see him calling Anakin "Master Skywalker" in Outbound Flight. This is untraditional and a bit unproper, but it goes to show you just how broadly the title was used.

There might be two or three proper masters left, but going by Kreia’s forecast of the future of LS Exile’s companions and who’s “next in line”; I’ve always thought that LS Exile’s companions will lead the rebuilding phase of the new Jedi Order.

Since they are the most powerful Jedi left, thus they would form the new Council, because they are of the highest rank. In other words, it wouldn’t be a proper Council, but a necessary one.

Precisely. And I just put the K3 pc in line right after them due to what the character achieved during the game.

It's not a council that can be compared to the old council before the Mandalorian Wars or during the Clone Wars. It's just a council of necessity. Few of its members really have the experience for it, but it doesn't matter, because the jedi are mostly extinct and must look to the future.

Don't forget that I set my plot at most two years after TSL. That means at most three years for the exile's companions to go from whatever they were in TSL to jedi masters. A bit of a stretch really. The K3 pc, of course, does it in even less time, but then that's precisely why I wanted the character to be a padawan learner to begin with - the character already has several years of theoretical experience that the exile's companions do not.

But Anakin sat on the Council in RotS, and he wasn’t a Jedi Master. I always thought that the only way to become a Jedi Master is to actually acquire that rank.

Yeah, as a "voting" member of the council you no doubt had to be a master. Being allowed to "sit in on" the council clearly sent mixed signals to AS, who clearly wasn't then yet a JM.

Frankly, as to the question of planets, I've no particular ones in mind. As long as the plot's interesting and the planets aren't lame (visually , etc..), I don't really care where they go. But like was stated earlier, no peragus type bs. Didn't particularly care for it. Also, hopefully the game will be more fleshed out than TSL.

Coruscant

Tatooine (I want to see a Jabba The Hutt spin. Jabba style palace, which you can enter to make smuggling deals or to collect bounties.)

Nar Shaddaa (Another locations of Nar Shadda, which we have not seen. Some place with bars, races, and filled with life.)

Yavin IV (Maybe some Sith Temples, which were abandoned from the first war.)

Taris (Another location of Taris, which we have never before seen.)

Korriban (New Sith Temples: I liked searching thought the Sith Tombs.)

The planets I really DON'T want are mostly those that have already been done to death.

We've already seen both Dantooine and Korriban in both games.

I also don't want Tatooine, since it's in all the movies except ESB. I also don't want Yavin IV. It was in KotOR and is where Exar Kun rests. Let him do so in peace.

The K3 pc, of course, does it in even less time, but then that's precisely why I wanted the character to be a padawan learner to begin with - the character already has several years of theoretical experience that the exile's companions do not.

The thing is, if the KotOR III PC apparently has a few years more experience than LS Exile’s companions, then shouldn’t he/she be on the Council at the start? What I’d suggest for your plot is that in the Jedi Civil War, you were a padawan on the verge of becoming a Jedi Knight. As opposed to LS Exile’s companions, you’ve been out of action for several years, so you are “a bit rusty”. Oh wait, this is your idea isn’t it?

At the start of the game, you have just returned to the Jedi Order (for anonymous reasons) and it will take a while for you to “get back to where you were”. You could then very well become a Jedi Knight at the middle stages of the game (since you weren’t far off it before). Is it a stretch if you just happen to find (or be given for some reason) an atypical force crystal or item that helps you rapidly increase your connection to the force?

And yeah, I agree that I’d rather not see planets from the previous KotOR’s. The only planet from KotOR and TSL that I wouldn’t mind seeing again in KotOR III is Nar Shaddaa, but then you’d have to establish a credible reason why you’d go there in the game.

I’ll just say this though. The True Sith might not be the only punks that play up in KotOR III, given the weak state of the Republic and the Jedi Order….Actually, one more thing; imagine if you set the Exile as DS in KotOR III and you got to assassinate GO-TO! LS Exile = another Exchange leader to knock off.

Do you think that Nar Shaddaa would fit into your plot, Jediphile? If so, how? If not, why not? :)

Archived