Home

What worlds do you want in KOTOR 3?

Joetheeskimo

JCarter: That's what I've envisioned in a Coruscant planet. At ground levels you've got vagrants, criminals, mutants, and monsters, where higher up you have the Jedi Temple in need of restoration, the upper city filled with droids, humans, and aliens; and the Senate Chambers of the Old Republic in need of purging from corruption.

Sounds good to me. :)

Again, I think Coruscant is definitely doable, if they use Taris as a template and expand on it. My only problem with Taris is that it has this...weird feeling to it...kind of hard to explain. It's sort of like...you don't get the feeling that the place is endless, because the space you're in is so obviously confined. I didn't get this feeling from Nar Shaddaa in JK1, or from Coruscant in JK3, but Nar Shaddaa had the problem in K2 and in JK2.

In the Tales of the Jedi comic they showed more to Onderon than just city, though that's all you see in the game.

The rest of Onderon is basically the same as Dxun, so you kind of do get that in K2.

But this is a recurring problem in both games; BioWare even used it as a plot device in K1. I think they've done this to ensure that each planet is unique, but it gets really old after a while. Plus, it makes me suspend my disbelief too much

Amd this isn't just limited to the KOTOR games; Star Wars in general has too many of these types of worlds, one of the reasons I despise Tatooine and Hoth so much.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never seen any grass on Tatooine.

Anyway, regarding planets in K3...

Fewer is better. The game only needs about five--one for the opening act, one for the final act, and three for the middle. Planets like Corellia, Ord Mantell, and Coruscant could easily be about 1.5 to 2 times the size of Kashyyyk or Dantooine.

• 2 weeks later...

I really want them to bring back Manaan. That was my favorite world in K1. I would like to see Ord Mantell as well. They could do some neat stuff with that. I think a big addition would be Mandalore (the planet). I think it would be cool to explore it, like as discovering what happened in the past and stuff. Other than that I am pretty much open to what planets are in it. As long as the game flows, I am cool with anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally adored Nar Shaddaa, it was so dank and corrupt yet full of so many fun quests and cool people. I felt like I was playing it cool in Vampire: The Masquerade- Bloodlines ^__^

I would love to have more performance quests, undercover quests. C'mon, they are so much fun!

• 1 month later...

Some of the planets I really want to see:

Korriban: Flashback mission where Revan drives away the Sith during his quest for the star maps with Malak. Present day mission

Malachor V: Flashback when Revan first walks on the surface. He could fight force ghosts.

Ziost: Gotta have this world. True-Sith might have a base here.

Sleyheron: This would be a fun location. I thought of a Dark Side climax, where you as a new character could duel Revan here. Basically you turned to the Darkside and you've killed the Exile and Revan loses it and tries to kill you. To make sure you never win, he placed a thought bomb on the planet to detonate either at the exact moment of his death or after leaving you for dead.

Coruscant: Revan would have to go here to tell the council of the "True Sith".

And thats all I can think of at this point.

I would like to see:

Corescant: Like almost everybody else I think it's a must for K3.

Dathomir: Rancor riding force witches...now they would be worthy opponents.

Zoist: for reasons already stated.

M4-78: Finish this damn HK series mystery already.

Mon Calamari: Watery and beautiful like Manaan. But fewer laws and absolutly NO Selkath. Like a more exciting Manaan.

As to Korriban, I was my favorite in K1 but not TSL. I wannt it back but only if ther is some life to it this time.

~HOP

I want to see some more darkside worlds like Ambria, Thule and Zoist. I wouldn't mind the Valley of the Dark Lords on Korriban again if you could explore different parts to the valley and different tombs not in the kotor games already

I really want them to bring back Manaan. That was my favorite world in K1. I would like to see Ord Mantell as well. They could do some neat stuff with that. I think a big addition would be Mandalore (the planet). I think it would be cool to explore it, like as discovering what happened in the past and stuff. Other than that I am pretty much open to what planets are in it. As long as the game flows, I am cool with anything.

A Mandalorian planet might be pretty fun to go to, thinking about it. I mean, the Republic was at war with them. Or was that the Sith...Yeah I think it might have been the Sith. I guess I'm just tired...

I guess that you could say that the possiblities are 'endless' in this thread. :xp:

• 2 weeks later...

Darth Hord mentioned something interesting up there. I hadn't stop to think yet that ther will probably be a lot of contrasting worlds, light vs dark (alliance vs horde, that's WoW, right?). Thule, Ambria, Korriban etc. (probably too early on for something like Ruusan) would be neat for your sith characters.

Personally, Manaan is my favorite KOTOR world... uh, lots of water.

Archived