Home

A little perspective...

swphreak

I was on my way to class, but got stopped by a train, so my mind started to wonder...

Those Star Destroyers are freaking huge. Go walk a mile and you've walked the length of an ISD. Hop in a car and drive for 10 miles, you've just drove the length of the Executor.

The Nimitz-class aircraft carrier is only 317ish meters. Whereas the Tantive IV is 150m, and the Nebulan-B is 300m.

Just some stuff that blew my mind while I should have been paying attention to where I was driving.

Here's a little image I found awhile ago. It's by some guy in 2003, and it has all sorts of ships. Just a note, he made out the Executor to be 17km, but it's still huge.

Yeah, it's RapidShare, wait 50 seconds. Don't want to overload my little webspace. File is about 6megs.

I was on my way to class, but got stopped by a train, so my mind started to wonder...

Stories never end well when they start off like that :p

You're right though, it's kind of mind blowing to think of. And what about all the innocent workers building the second death star :p

Stories never end well when they start off like that :p

You're right though, it's kind of mind blowing to think of. And what about all the innocent workers building the second death star :p

They were independent contractors, and thus chose to be there. They knew the risk they were taking when they agreed to work on a giant battlestation.

Just some more perspective for you:

it takes around 15 minutes to walk a mile, at a slightly brisk pace.

it takes an average of 7 minutes to run/jog it, faster depending on your athletic ability

10 miles takes over an hour to run (this is coming from a cross country runner)

ridiculous. Why would you need a ship that big? :p I hope they have like... vehicles to drive around in the ships.

hrm, is it anything like this? http://www.merzo.net/

I don't think they're the same guy, but I like the image I linked to because it has them all there on a giant image. I don't like merzo's style.

There should be some more Stargate ships included, the Atlantis City ship was impressive, as was Anubis' Flagship and the Ori Supergate.

I can't find where it says how big Atlantis really is, or the other Stargate ships.

Just some more perspective for you:

it takes around 15 minutes to walk a mile, at a slightly brisk pace.

it takes an average of 7 minutes to run/jog it, faster depending on your athletic ability

10 miles takes over an hour to run (this is coming from a cross country runner)

ridiculous. Why would you need a ship that big? :p I hope they have like... vehicles to drive around in the ships.

That's why Segways are standard equipment for Storm Troopers.

Archived