Home

THIS, IS, SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Like everywhere else on the internet, we have to talk about 300. I know, I know, no-one wants to, but we have to. It's tradition.

Saw it a while ago, all I have to say is, "AWESOME."

Also, gotta feeling Jmac will love this:

spart5.gif

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I thought 300 was kinda tame.

I mean, I guess it's cos I read a LOT of violent manga, and I play a ton of video games, so my threshold for violence is pretty high.

Anyway, I was kinda hoping for more out of the much publicized violence. It wasn't visceral enough, used too much slow-mo that broke the flow of the battle scenes, and was too dangerously close to Kill Bill-Tarantino style cheesiness and hilarity rather than blood-pumping carnage.

Honestly, when you've played God of War, or read the latest Hellsing manga (two words: Vampire Nazis) or read/watched Berserk the anime, you realized how truly visceral battle scenes can be.

So, yeah, I wasn't impressed. Fun popcorn movie, but I think in the hands of a better action movie director, like Jerry Bruckheimer, I wouldn't have been so bored and the action wouldn't have been so tame.

Edit: Now THIS is kick-ass.

God of War's going to make the leap to the big screen in some years, so get ready to watch some REAL SPARTAN carnage!

Btw, the very first fight with the Colossus IS the first boss battle. Gawd, I love this game.

Personally, I thought 300 was kinda tame.

I mean, I guess it's cos I read a LOT of violent manga, and I play a ton of video games, so my threshold for violence is pretty high.

Anyway, I was kinda hoping for more out of the much publicized violence. It wasn't visceral enough, used too much slow-mo that broke the flow of the battle scenes, and was too dangerously close to Kill Bill-Tarantino style cheesiness and hilarity rather than blood-pumping carnage.

Honestly, when you've played God of War, or read the latest Hellsing manga (two words: Vampire Nazis) or read/watched Berserk the anime, you realized how truly visceral battle scenes can be.

So, yeah, I wasn't impressed. Fun popcorn movie, but I think in the hands of a better action movie director, like Jerry Bruckheimer, I wouldn't have been so bored and the action wouldn't have been so tame.

Edit: Now THIS is kick-ass.

God of War's going to make the leap to the big screen in some years, so get ready to watch some REAL SPARTAN carnage!

Btw, the very first fight with the Colossus IS the first boss battle. Gawd, I love this game.

God of War movie will be watched by me, but hopefully we get the CastleVania and Metroid movies first. Castlevania? Maybe. Metroid? Never. Halo? ZOMG ****IN' CHEAP NOOB.

Although we all know how good movie based on video games are just look at Street Fighter, Super Mario Bros., Alone in the Dark, Silent Hill, BloodRayne, or House of the Dead.

Castlevania? Maybe. Metroid? Never. Halo? ZOMG ****IN' CHEAP NOOB.

A Castlevania movie would only work if they didn't call it Castlevania and made sure it has tons of metrosexual men to play Alucard, Sora and the Belmonts so people don't think it's a Van Helsing sequel (on the other hand, Hugh Jackman as Julius Belmont would be sexay~).

Now, Metroid would make a pretty decent movie, as long as it doesn't become another Tomb Raider movie and Samus isn't played by Jolie. Maybe Lucy Lawless (aka Xena, Warrior Princess!) XD

Street Fighter, Super Mario Bros., Alone in the Dark, Silent Hill, BloodRayne, or House of the Dead.

Ah, Street Fighter the movie. Only made worse by its equally horrible game Street Fighter the Movie the Game. The horrible thing is the game actually exists and I didn't just make it up =/

And you forgot the Tomb Raider movies =p

And Uwe Boll is to blame for so many on the list that he should be outlawed from making any movies, ever.

Silent Hill

Hey, I resent that! Silent Hill watched as a pure horror movie was really great! I mean, forget that its a 'game-to-movie' adaptation, and its highly competent with other shock-horror movies that are 'original'. The special effects were excellent, and it really had the atmosphere down pat.

A Castlevania movie would only work if they didn't call it Castlevania and made sure it has tons of metrosexual men to play Alucard, Sora and the Belmonts so people don't think it's a Van Helsing sequel (on the other hand, Hugh Jackman as Julius Belmont would be sexay~).

It won't turn out well. It's supposed to follow the origin of Dracula and Simon Belmont even though Dracula was born about 400 years before him.

Now, Metroid would make a pretty decent movie, as long as it doesn't become another Tomb Raider movie and Samus isn't played by Jolie. Maybe Lucy Lawless (aka Xena, Warrior Princess!) XD

Uma Thurman.

Ah, Street Fighter the movie. Only made worse by its equally horrible game Street Fighter the Movie the Game. The horrible thing is the game actually exists and I didn't just make it up =/

Ugh... it is really, really awful.

And you forgot the Tomb Raider movies =p

...CRAP.

And Uwe Boll is to blame for so many on the list that he should be outlawed from making any movies, ever.

He challenged a bunch of critics to a boxing match and won, but most say it wasn't a fair fight.

Hey, I resent that! Silent Hill watched as a pure horror movie was really great! I mean, forget that its a 'game-to-movie' adaptation, and its highly competent with other shock-horror movies that are 'original'. The special effects were excellent, and it really had the atmosphere down pat.

Same goes for the SMB movie. It was a good movie if you ignore the fact that it's about SMB. Bob-omb with the reebok shoe? Awesome. The part where Mario tricks Koopa with a shoelace? Ingenious. The part where we get to find out Mario's last name? Clever.

SNK VS. Capcom: Card Fighters DS

GAH! Give me your Friend Code!!!

I'm re-hooked on Pokemon with Pokemon Diamond. I love that they brought the realtime clock back, although the interface is pretty sucky.

Also, been looking for a Yu-Gi-Oh duel online, got time?

GAH! Give me your Friend Code!!!

I'm re-hooked on Pokemon with Pokemon Diamond. I love that they brought the realtime clock back, although the interface is pretty sucky.

Also, been looking for a Yu-Gi-Oh duel online, got time?

I didn't know it was online...

Anyway, I don't actually have any of those games yet. I quit Poke'mon when I was 11, quit Yu-Gi-Oh two years ago, and am just getting SvC:CFDS today.

Anyway, I don't actually have any of those games yet. I quit Poke'mon when I was 11, quit Yu-Gi-Oh two years ago, and am just getting SvC:CFDS today.

Boo you =p

Have yet to go online with Mario Kart, and maybe Metroid.

Edit: And to get back on topic, lo' the well animated 'assets' of 300 Queers!

Archived