Home

Star Wars Battlefront Renegade Squadron

HK-42

I think its a silly move but I do know that the previous installment in the series sold extremely well on the PSP and I want to say that the PSP is the 2nd highest selling 'console' over all the real consoles with only the DS ahead of it. That said it still seems almost lazy of them.

lolz...PSP.

LA will make it back to the PC eventually :) In the interim there's *plenty* of other stuff to keep PC gamers broke and occupied... Heck DX10 games havent even hit the shelves yet...early days. Age Of Conan looks pretty yum, and Im pretty cynical of MMORPGs ...we'll have to wait n see

mtfbwya

I'd rather have another X-Wing series game, or even better, an ultra-realistic sim even more complex and real. Think Falcon 4.0 Allied Force come Star Wars.

Battlefront was OK despite all the inaccuracies, but way too simplistic to me. I preferred Galactic Conquest, and I'll move on to First Strike when it comes out. I liked advanced game-play that makes you think, not just point-and-click-really-fast-until-you-win:p.

Another example of LA's stupidity. Do they not understand that they have fans who only have a PC, or do they just not give a damn?
Why are they stupid? 80+% of what they sell is on consoles. And they would give a damn, if players "gave a damn." According to what players buy, they say for the most part that they want games on consoles. I don't like it either, but you can't blame LA for following the market.

Why are they stupid? 80+% of what they sell is on consoles. And they would give a damn, if players "gave a damn." According to what players buy, they say for the most part that they want games on consoles. I don't like it either, but you can't blame LA for following the market.

But I can blame them for completely alienating their original fanbase that made them rich in the first place.

But I can blame them for completely alienating their original fanbase that made them rich in the first place.
I know the feeling but the phrase, "What have you done for me lately?" comes to mind...

It's just a matter of coming to grips with the reality of changes in the video game biz. It sucks for those of us that prefer to play PC but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. :indif: Speaking for myself, I can see how some games, like Tetris or Sonic, can work on handhelds. I don't see how people are interested in playing a 3D shooter, like this game looks to be, on such a small vid screen though.

Besides, PC has its problems and you wouldn't want the effort of installing, reinstalling, if something goes wrong, would you?

Actually, yes, I would. The time it takes to install games is completely worth it. I mean, seriously, how much time does it take to install a game? 10-20 minutes? How much time does that give you to fully enjoy the experience of playing that game? 100-200 hours? Way more than that for a lot of games.

And besides, my PC that I've had for almost 2 years has never had 1 major problem, and I've never had to re-install a game for some technological reason.

And besides, my PC that I've had for almost 2 years has never had 1 major problem, and I've never had to re-install a game for some technological reason.

My PC however break many different times. The breaking is the fun part of playing games... :)

So, I guess, in the end, it will have to stay on the PSP. If I speculate right, this is supposed to a way to make extra money using the Battlefront franschie, so there is really no need for it to be on the PC.

Sounds like a console. :p

(Don't get me wrong, I'm a PC gamer too...)

Besides, PC has its problems and you wouldn't want the effort of installing, reinstalling, if something goes wrong, would you?

Damn! I lost 10 mins of my life uninstalling and re-installing a game! Oh the humanity!

I don't see how people are interested in playing a 3D shooter, like this game looks to be, on such a small vid screen though.

I wonder too. Even if the gameplay is decent (which it will be...barely), part of the enjoyment of FPS are the beautiful visuals. Handhelds don't offer that. Anyway...

Battlefront was OK despite all the inaccuracies, but way too simplistic to me.

It was an ok game, but barely. It lacked any kind of depth the early previews showed. Not to forget how horribly imbalanced the rockets are. Too much AoE damage, it became a decent anti-infantry weapon. I still don't understand how such a game can sell so well.

This next installment just looks like Battlefront 2.5. Added a few things, more of the same old gameplay, a probably very weak story, nothing special. It'll probably sell well and that's unfortunate.

Archived