Home

The Art Thread for Non-artists!

Bee Hoon

Intimidated by all the awesome art you see posted here? Ashamed of your scribblings and gripped by the urge to hide them in a dark corner, never to be seen again?

Fear no more, because the art thread for n00bs is here!

(Well, assuming it's allowed:))

The basic idea I had here, was to provide a place where n00bs like me could share and discuss artwork of any medium (preferably KotOR related) without getting publicly humiliated. This is based on the premise that we've all tried drawing, but are too embarassed to show the piece to anyone, which is exactly why I think a thread like this should exist. Of course, only constructive criticism should be given here. I can't draw to save my life, but I'd love to learn. If the pro artists would so kindly drop in once in a while to give us tips, it'd be greatly appreciated!

This would only work with your support, so aye or nay?

I would gladdly help other fellows with their skills :)

I might sound a bit like a "fat head" ; but I have some skill with my pensel .

I good at character and monster stuff , but not so good at architectural stuff .

I work a bit to messy for that .

RJM, thanks! :) Any help would be greatly appreciated! (Btw, finally figured out that nifty pm/whisper function in the chatroom. Hehe)

Quanon, good to hear that, because I only ever draw with a (mechanical) pencil. It's a bad habit, but I'm just too lazy to carry regular 2B pencils around:P

Note: I don't have a scanner, so I used my mobile phone camera to take the pictures:X

Here's a quick drawing of everyone's favourite scoundrel that I did during an excessively boring lecture. I love auto adjust in Photoshop.

Click here!

(Couldn't seem to get it to show the thumbnail instead as was shown by stoffe. Hm.

And a lightsaber pic that was inspired by a fanfic idea I've been chewing on for a while. It's supposed to be two different people, which should explain the difference in the size of the hands. Modeled by my hands and my mobile phone:P Auto adjusted again, with a bit of cleaning up within the lightsaber beam.

Thebrokenhiltcopy-1.jpg

Wow : Beehoon that looks really great ! :p

THose hands are pretty accurate , looks like you got some talent there ;)

Atton looks good to ; just a shame that photo looks a bit grainy , but the drawing looks pretty good already .

The only thing I could advise is that you make sure there's enough light when you take a photo of your drawings .

So keep it coming :) the more you draw and practice the better you get .

• 3 weeks later...

A quick update... A sketch of Disciple and a really crappy photo of something I drew while waiting for the Sims 2 to load:P

disciple.jpg

I am too lazy to resize it:P

halfdone.jpg

Onoez, whoever made Kavar's hair so freaking hard to draw?? It looks like a vegetable, for heaven's sake. The girl's hair should be dark, and I'll do it when I feel like it. All the lines need darkening and I really should use a proper camera and not the phone one. And stop using a mechanical pencil:P

• 1 year later...

^^ Thanks (belatedly).

Since Mass Effect keeps hanging halfway through the endgame sequence (cryyyyyyyyyyyyy!), have a Commander Shepard!DSC00804.jpg

...and a random kiddy I doodled during an exceedingly boring lecture on hepatitis.DSC00696copy.jpg

Picture quality for both are kinda bad, but oh well:P Ignore the ghostly face to the left in the first pic. I do promise to go out and buy a good eraser >.<

I suppose I could borrow my dad's camera... Although it's quite old... Hopefully iit's got good enough digital capability to take a good picture. I can't draw people or 'living' things, but I certainly can draw ships... But only at certain angles... I still don't have that '3D ship drawing' skill a lot of people have very well...

Uhh...yeah.. big appendages are a bit silly - they really should be in proportion with the rest of the person.

Anyhoo, i've been spending the morning practicing with my pencil. I printed out an outline, and had that next to a blank page, and have so far come up with this:

picture.php?albumid=100&pictureid=1116

I know very little about clothing and drawing it, so does that look realistic?

Archived