Home

Should I reinstal this glitchy game?

neal8929

All I did was instal game, and patch. And several glitches happen, and they greatly effect gameplay.

1. cant move after combat half of the time

2. cant talk to bao, or kreia after leaving the handmaiden place

3. cant talk to bao to make me a saber

4. other misc cutseen glitches, like i think some cutseens may have been cut-out. Like i never had bao ask me about lightsaber, but i got the quest.

If reistalling without the patch will help, I will regretfully do so. Otherwise I am going to be disapointed that professional developers cant\wont even fix glitches that make you unable to play the game.

The buggyness of the game is the fault of both LucasArts (producer) and Obsidian Entertainment (developer). How ever the lack of patches is clearly the fault of LA. Atari allowed Bioware almost five full years to patch NWN. It took Bioware until 1.6+ to fix the Lenton glitch. Obsidian is continuing to work on patches for NWN 2.

LIke hell, you should reinstall. I wouldn't advise keeping the save game files either, just uninstall it and then reinstall. Those are some bad, nasty bugs you have there.

BTW, the lightsaber quest comes up when you talk to Kreia about building a lightsaber, right? Or am I wrong?

LIke hell, you should reinstall. I wouldn't advise keeping the save game files either, just uninstall it and then reinstall. Those are some bad, nasty bugs you have there.

BTW, the lightsaber quest comes up when you talk to Kreia about building a lightsaber, right? Or am I wrong?

No when Boa-Dur talks you about why you don't carry a lightsaber.

Actually, it comes up when you get the part on Telos either from the Ithorians or whoever gives it to you when you help Czerka.

I'd reinstall. You might also want to run a virus scan to see if anything is on your computer, just as a precaution. :)

• 2 weeks later...

ok now I bought kotor 1 and the same glitches come up. Cant move after combat, cant talk to some charectors, and they wont follow me. This is a joke peice of crap game engine. cause kotor 1 and 2 both have screwy glitches. im done with this.

i have an 8800 gts, and a e6600 core 2 duo, and 2 gigs of ram. I think its the dual core that causes it problems

Try this to fix your problems

1. Press Ctrl-Alt-Del which will bring up the task manager.

2. Click on the Processes tab and scroll until you find the programs executable (eg icytower13.exe).

3. Right-click on (in this case) icytower13.exe and click on the bottom entry in the menu which says "Set Affinity...".

4. You should have 2 options there CPU 0 and CPU 1.

5. Untick one of the boxes (doesn't matter which).

6. Click OK.

7. Have fun.

Do you have the latest drivers for all your video and audio gear?

Also, as your computer seems fairly new, are you using Vista? If so, is it 32 bit or 64 bit? I heard that 64 bit Vista is a nightmare for compatibility, due to signed driver requirements.

Something I have found that helps in other games, if you have a dedicated sound card, be sure to disable the on-board sound via the BIOS. Leaving it on can cause glitches (at least in EverQuest it can).

Well I havent tried to re-install my sound drivers, I didnt think that would make any difference. Also I am using onboard sound. My friend brought his computer over, his specs were

3.0 ghz pentium 4

512 ram

ati X1300

and the game ran fine, with none of the glitches that my game has.

Oh btw im using 32 bit windows xp pro

Neal, you need to follow the instructions on posting your specs in the link I posted above if you want more help--there is a lot more information generated in that report that helps the tech folks pinpoint the problem. What you have above isn't enough. --Jae

Out of curiousity.... are you running a wireless desktop by any chance? I have run into combat problems on more than one occasion, but I have found it to be the fault of the Bluetooth mouse/keyboard causing the frozen movement. My system specs are similar to yours neal, so I think you can certainly run these games well. K1 in particular, after patching, is almost bug free - only small trivial bugs remain. It would be a better testing game than TSL, which is everyone's favorite disaster ;)

Well that gives me hope glenn that your specs are similar and it runs fine for you. Do you have a dual core?

here is my report thingy that you asked for jae.

Dont ask why it says the game is empires at war... this is the Star Wars best of pc package, so it must be getting them confused. But I redid the report and it still said empires at war. I also made sure i was doing it on KOTOR

LucasArts System Report

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Product

Name Star Wars: Empire at War

DirectX

Version 9.0c

d3dx9_30.dll Yes

Display devices

Device NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS

TnL Yes