Home

KotOR Repulsor Shields

Inyri

This out-of-the-box mod adds literal shields to KotOR -- three of them to be precise -- which hover above the arm and are used as an off-hand weapon. They do no damage, but provide many defensive perks to make them worthwhile. They're also kind of snazzy looking, if I do say so myself... ;)

screen_sm.jpg

The three shields are all located in-game and do not need cheats to be used. Those not symbol-savvy: mandalorian, sith, republic, from left to right.

Download: KotOR Repulsor Shields on KotORFiles.com

Interesting. Trying it out, as I'm playing Kotor a second time (just got the game), although I've already passed Dantooine. I assume I'd have to go back to a savegame before Dantooine? I should still see the one on Korriban yes? (Haven't been there yet)

Edit: Answered my own question, as, when I was leaving Korriban, I noticed a Repulsor shield in my inventory! I don't exactly know where I picked it up (as I was looking for other stuff, trying out a few other mods), and perhaps it's best not to say anyway, to not spoil it.

My only comment is that perhaps the shield could be moved closer to the arm, just slightly? Currently, at times, the shield seems to levitate a bit too far.

• 4 weeks later...

Noticed a bug while on Kashyyyk.

Down in the Lower Shadowlands, where the Mandalorians spawn if you are not equipped with weapons, one of the Mandalorians in the first batch is armed only with one of the shields in his primary hand, and no other weapon.

The second group of Mandalorians all carry a shield as the primary weapon. Same for the group after the Swoop bike Signal device thing.

Funnily enough, it actually does do damage, as I just witnessed the Mandalorian beat poor old Jolee down with nothing more than a simple shield. :lol:

Edit: Oh and, the Mandalorian didn't drop the shield after death (not in remains).

This is one of the most awesome things I've ever seen in this game. I especially love the way it looks during a melee flourish animation.

On a side note, I've also come across an npc using one. It was one of the Mandalorians on Dantooine, and it was rather glitchy looking/acting. It was, of course, not found on his corpse.

In any case, thanks for giving us such a fantastic toy to play with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
screen_sm.jpg

I wonder if anyone would want to go out of their way to make animations for the shield to do a shield bash, eh? :)

Could also add a feat like this:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Shield Bash

Prerequisites: Soldier/Jedi Guardian;Minimum Strength of 14; Class 10.

Description: Using hidden reserves of strength gathered through many trying battles, you can use your shield to bash your opponent, stunning them for 6 seconds unless they make fortitude save equal to 8+the attacking character's level+any Strength and Constitution modifiers.

Could also give it to npcs. THAT will balance the game for sure! XD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived