Home

Is there any literature that features Revan or other KOTOR characters in detail?

RellioN

Topic... I'd be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Besides that holocron thing with Darth Bane, is there any reference of Revan whatsoever in official literature? What about unofficial literature? Amateur literature?

Aside from the source you mentioned, the only times i've seen Revan's journey being referenced is in "Shadows and Light", from Star Wars Tales 23, in which Revan (and Bastila too iirc) appear through visions to Duron Qel-Droma, but it's nothing too significant tbh

Revan's is mentioned rather a lot in Path of Destruction, but is only seen in that holocron. Wookieepedia says he has a possible appearance in the Kotor comics, but I haven't seen any evidence of that yet. Maybe later on in the comic, he'll make an appearance, or at least be mentioned. And other than the visions to Qel-Droma and the reference in Shadows and Light, I don't think there is.

The KOTOR comics have had appearances by Saul Karath and Carth, too. A going theory is that the barely adept padawan that the Jedi framed turns out to be Nihilus, and that one of the Masters who orchestrated the Padawan massacare might be Traya.

Not much in the way of official KotOR literature, but I think what the amateur writers have done is more than good enough. KotorFanMedia has a lot of fics and while they're not all spectacular there are some gems in there. A fair number of writers there are adults or actually do writing for a living so it's not just a bunch of Revan-worship in story format by 12-year olds. :p

(One of my favorites there is StarShadow's The Mandalorian Wars fic. Somewhat slow beginning, but it picks up and is set in a relatively unexplored time period (20 years before KotOR when the Mandalorians are just starting to invade the Outer Rim but not the Republic and Revan is still a child). She really outdid herself on it IMO.)

(One of my favorites there is StarShadow's The Mandalorian Wars fic. Somewhat slow beginning, but it picks up and is set in a relatively unexplored time period (20 years before KotOR when the Mandalorians are just starting to invade the Republic and Revan is still a child). She really outdid herself on it IMO.)

Hmm, I think I'll check that one out.

I've heard the theory of Zayne becoming Nihilus, but I have a tough time imagining him turning and falling that badly.

Yeah, I can't see him remaining faithful to the Jedi Order and trying so hard to remain on the path of light, to in the end fall so badly to the dark side and become so evil. But you never know. We still don't know everything of the Mandalorian Wars.

I refuse to believe that Zayne is Nihilus. Why? Because he is too short.

Nihilus is roughly as tall as Malak is. Zayne on the other hand is pretty much a midget compared to them.

The only Zayne could be Nihilus is that he is either wearing platform shoes or that he got a big growth spurt.

• 2 weeks later...

Star Wars Tales #23, Unseen, Unheard. That gives you Visas's Marr's backstory and shows (I think) the Devestation of Katarr. Other than that, the New Essential Guide to Droids contains the backstories on Czerka's HK assassin droid line, including good ol' 47, it also talks about the origins of Aratech's line of G0-T0 planning droids and the T3 utility droid line. This book also confirms Exile as a lightside female and Revan as a lightside male. The "Ultimate Visual Guide" has two pages devoted to the KotOR games, but there is a nasty typo about Brianna and Atris and it will give you no new information. (plus it has the non-cannon picture of Atris and Nihilus trying to kill each other. The New Essential Guide to Alein Species makes a breif referance to the Rakata in it's meager appendix. Also, if you want a list of appearances for each character, just look them up on wookiepedia, sence it sites all of the apperances. Finally, if you want more perspecive on this time period you must read the early parts of the New Essential Chronology, as it aplies the timeline and gives some oft ignored information on Darth Traya.

-Bearer of the Krijinia.

• 1 month later...
In Path Of Destruction... you see Revan on a holocron...

Bane is obsessed with Revan's teachings.

But it doesn't go very in depth.

Yeah this book was written by one of the KOTOR writers, so it has a lot of Revan references. If you have not read this one you should it's great.

As mentioned the KOTOR comics series is loaded with game references, both characters and otherwise.

And Revan presumably made a cameo appearance in one of the early issues, relating to his discussions with the Jedi Council.

It's still unknown if that was Revan, but I would agree with you that it is. The character is defined as the leader of the crusading jedi, who want to fight the Mandalorians. Sound familiar? And the character is called simply "the revanchist leader". This person has the recurring character Squint/Alek as apprentice.

I've been convinced since issue 9, that the "revanchist leader" is Revan (the "revanchist" bit makes it more than obvious IMHO), and that Alek/Squint is really Malak, since that does explain the Covenant's vision. They saw a Sith in an apprentice's spacesuit and this Sith destroyed the jedi. Having killed their own apprentices but Zayne, they presume it must be him. But Squint wears just the same suit when the group departs Flashpoint at the end of one arc, and since that I've been convinced he was the apprentice they saw during the time of the Jedi Civil War, when Malak was destroying the jedi order - there are huge battles in the Covenant's vision, whereas Sion and Nihilus always struck from the shadows, hence "The Shadow War".

And naturally, the first sensation the Covenant has of the sith lord is in issue zero, just as Alek/Squint says goodbye to Zayne and boards a shuttle. Alek's torture at the hands of the Mandalorians in the "Flashpoint" arc leaves him without hair, which he later says is not coming back. He is also tall and consistently wears red armor. When the Mandalorians attack Serocco, we see him and his master sensing it through the force - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Hoodedjediandalek.jpg - suggesting they are both fairly powerful in the force.

While this does not preclude a link between Zayne and Nihilus, it seems to me that the basis it was founded on is gone, since that was based on the speculation that Zayne was the "sith destroyer" the Covenant saw in their vision. But if that destroyer is Alek/Squint as Darth Malak instead, then there seems to be no basis - at least not yet -for presuming that Zayne will be Nihilus or even turn to the dark side.

Archived