Home

Nothing is written into stone. (About Science-Fiction, KotOR, EU, etc...).

The Source

Nothing is written into stone.

(About Science-Fiction, KotOR, EU, etc...)

I find it poetic irony that my final post is a crutial one. Like all things in the world, I must also change with the passing tide. Over the years that I have been here, I have found a concept that has elluded everyone. When it comes to science-fiction novels such as the "New Jedi Order" and "Legacy of the Force", their conclusions are not written into stone. Chewbacca and Mara's death are not final in anyway. One of the greatest things about science-fiction is that anything is possible. "Star Trek II's" ending is evident of this concept. When Spock died at the end, we didn't understand the word "possibilities". As it had turned out in "Star Trek III", Spock didn't really die after all. Science-fiction allows the imagination to flow into new directions. Anything that has been written today can change in an instant.

"Knights of the Old Republic II" as we all know, has a few pieces cut from the game. Why? Time restraints, lack of good management, etc... We have speculated this to hell. What I can tell you is that the concept behind the cut content is not final. As I said in my first paragraph above, anything is possible in science-fiction. The "HK-Factory" and "Droid Planet" may yet arrive in a third game. Why? The writters could create a new story, which will involve their importance. Whatever you have been told about them now could change in an instant. Since they were removed from game, the door is open to their endless and possible usage. The "HK-Factory" could become apart of another planet entirely, and "M4-78" could endup having a civilization underground somwehere. Anything goes in science-fiction.

Revan's and Exile's fate is also an unknown factor, which could conclude in any possible ways. Revan is rumored to be a lightsider male, and the Exile is rumored to be a darksider female. Between now and a third installment's release, the canon could change over night. At the peak moment of inspiration, the writer has the imagination and ability to make anything happen. Anything you have learned in "Knight of the Old Republic I and II" could end up meaning something even grandeur, or it could be twisted in a way that you never thought possible.

When it comes to everything science-fiction and life, the possibilities in their worlds have an infinate coallation. As one relationship affects another directly, another unknown relationship has an indirect influence. Just because we know all this information about our heros and villans, that doesn't mean we know anything about the story. Revan could turn out to be a ruthless Dark Lord, and Exile could turn out to be the greatest non-force user ever.

As I'm reminded by Spock's final words in "Star Trek II", I leave this forum with great respect for everyone. I'm also looking forward to a 'possible' return in the deep future, for I believe that the Force is forever changing. Where ever it may lead me next, I cannot predict the day, time, or year of my return. If I leave you all with one thought, I hope you will find it's meaning in this thread.

"Nothing is written in stone."

"Anything is possible."

"Coallations Exist Everywhere."

"Don't take anything in face value."

Thank You All, and Goodbye.

MacCorp (The Source)

You are absolutly right. Although the SW movies have stopped, there is still enough space for new and inventive EU material.

For example, Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor.

The current books are set at 40 ABY, with Chewbacca dead, Jacen Solo as a Sith Lord etc. And all of a sudden we get back into the War with all our heroes still alive, young, by this comic.

Whatever the future might hold for Star Wars, everything can happen.

Or, as Canderous Orde pointed out:

Remember, we're talking about the Force here. At any moment, Malak could fall from the sky and I wouldn't bat an eyelash.

Mission:

Good point.

To bad you're leaving. I really enjoyed your mods and overall posts.

So, farewell, or maybe goodbye :)

You are correct in that nothing is set in stone when it comes to the EU. In fact, I've never seen a more tangled web of contradictions and retcons in my life. It's a mind-bogglingly annoying mess. I will even go as far as to say that 99% of the EU (with the prequels thrown in as well) reminds me of the contents of my flushing toilet after a binge at the local KFC buffet. It's a swirling maelstrom of crap.:)

BTW Source:

See you in a month or two.;)

Mara what??? Grrrr.... spoiler tags please!!! :mad: Not all of us have gotten around to reading all of the released Legacy of the Force novels. I've only read the first three.

Don't feel too bad, I found out about Mara by looking through a mailer for the SFBC. Oh well.......

See ya later (?), MacArthur...... :D

Archived