Home

Awesome Barbecue Steak Made of Carnivore Win

tk102

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might not be completely up to the task, but it has a lot of heart. :p

:lol: Cute... but I'm guessing your Fat Stores believe otherwise... and I hope your liver has a lot of "heart" as well. And I hope you have something to give your colon in case it suddenly implodes while you're eating your bacon and eggs in the morning... ;)

I often wonder if people eat meat because of it's true taste (untampered)... or do they just like all the spices that are cooked with it? Seriously... if you were to hack off a cow's rear-end and cook it up without putting spices in it as well (all in one day mind you)... Would you still think it was good? And don't say yes unless you've actually tried it... *Cough* No... *cough*

Perhaps I should explain better...

Not the cow's butt you get at wal-mart... I'm saying DIY. Cut the back-end off... take it to your house... and roast it without "glazing" it and spicing it up... I.e. the meat's untampered flavor...

But, I should drop this speculation because many people don't really care. So... moving on then... (Oh, and the case with milk is that naturally... you DO NOT drink milk... Humans are the only animals that drink milk after infancy... and a cow's at that... PS: I'm no vegan... cheese is the food of the gods.... :lol: )

@Topic: I also think my dad told me that he cooked steak using the "rotisserie method"...

@Weave: The seasonings that any true lover of quality beef uses actually enhance the flavor of the beef; they don't cover it up. A1 steak sauce and such is for poor quality beef only. I actually like A1, but I would never ruin a good steak with it.

I buy a side of beef from a local farmer every year and it is IMHO far superior to what you can get at a supermarket. It happens to be Black Angus and I get it for what averages out to be ~$2.00 a pound for everything from hamburger to filet mignon, making it far cheaper than a supermarket as well. Even the hamburger is so good that I would never desecrate it with A1.

Life is good with a side of Black Angus in your freezer.;)

Could the herbivores all go graze in another pasture. ;)

We could... but what's the point? No fun in that! ;)

The seasonings that any true lover of quality beef uses actually enhance the flavor of the beef; they don't cover it up.

Sadly, most people I know who eat meat... cover it all up in A-1 and seasonings and grease. more than half of the people in America... don't even eat meat because they truly like the taste... (Ie... people who drench a dead animal in degrading sauce)... But then again... Vegetables aren't much better tasting either... (except beans and tofu... mmm...). It's just more cost-effective for me. Plus, I KNOW that I don't like the taste of meat... AND I'm a bit of a bleeding-heart... I don't own a single piece of leather... not shoes, not furniture... etc. :nod: Anyways...

6. Drink a beer.

Beer? Wouldn't that just make the steak taste less "good"? I've seen people marinate things in beer, but that's different than drinking beer while eating steak.

While you're waiting, you can ad a half stick of butter, some rough chopped garlic, some shallots, and a little more olive oil to your hot skillet, and work it over with a metal spatula. Scrape up all those fun little black bits and swirl it around with the melting butter. It's better than A-1.

I'm pretty sure it is... who knows whats in A-1. Ingredients: Rat Poison, Sulphuric Acid, Citris Acid, Bubonic Plague, Uncooked animal Chunks... Big Bird, Mr. T's Voice Box, and Chuck Norris' sweat.

I often wonder if people eat meat because of it's true taste (untampered)... or do they just like all the spices that are cooked with it? Seriously... if you were to hack off a cow's rear-end and cook it up without putting spices in it as well (all in one day mind you)... Would you still think it was good? And don't say yes unless you've actually tried it... *Cough* No... *cough*

I have to say that it depends on the meat. I know that I don't like steak. When I was a meat eater, no matter whether it was fresh from the butcher or out of a supermarket, I'd cover it with A-1 or ketchup. And I don't mean just a little bit, I'm talking cake icing! I find the Morningstar Farms "Steak" strips to be much more appetizing. Why you ask? Because they use the seasoning that is used on meat, and I like the seasoning without the dead animals.

To tell the truth, the only meat that I ever have missed eating is ANCHOVIES! :drool1: I really love anchovy pizza, but alas, that is a thing of the past.

I try not to use leather, but when you have gigantic feet, you can only hope to be consistent. Often, I have to take what I can find.

Yes... I do miss my fish... but I've actually lost my tolerance to them... Last time I ate catfish... I was on the toilet all night!

Although... Eggplant Parmegana whoops the competition entirely...

Steak is futile against the might of a Marsala covered Eggplant!!!

*scurries away to fix a mid-night snack*

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the recipe in post #1 and I have to say, the steak was delicious.

I followed the instructions almost exactly. I preheated the oven (450F) and my cast iron skillet (med-high, 8/10). I seasoned the steak with ground salt and ground pepper on both sides. I then placed the top sirloin steak in the pan and let it sizzle. A lot of smoke began to form. I turned on the oven fan. At that point I figured it wouldn't hurt to have had a little oil in the pan so I splashed about a tablespoon and tilted the pan to swirl it against steak. (Warning: if your handle is iron use an oven mitt at all times!) More smoke. I opened the screen door and turned on more fans.

After about 2 minutes I flipped the steak with tongs. The oil had disappeared so I added a wee bit more. Another 2 minutes or so. Then I popped it into the oven and diligently drank a beer. :) 5 minutes went by and I opened the oven. I brought the skillet to the stove and touched the meat for firmness. (An old barbecue trick: touch thumb and forefinger together and the feel the tenderness on the heel of your palm: that's rare... touch thumb and pinky together: that's well done.) It wasn't done to my liking yet (medium-well) so I flipped it and put it back in for another 5 minutes.

When it came out*, I put the steak on a plate and decided to try the butter/garlic/shallot thing (well green onion). Delicious! :D And after all my failures, I finally got it right. Indeed the whole experience was great so I repeated step 6 and thought of Darth Moeller.

Cheers!

* = http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/3196/steakwn3.jpg

^^^ for Weave and MdKnightR :heart3:

Just looking at it makes me hungry. Congrats on learning to live without the grill. However, I fear that you will soon go through a relapse and head back to the evil that is the grill. My uncle was a full-blown BBQ addict, and now he works at a Bar & Grill and wears an apron that says "Kiss the Cook." I don't know about you, but the thought of that... scares the bejesus outta me.

If it were me though, I'd add less butter and salt and more garlic and pepper... alot more :D But that's just me, I'm a seasoning tramp (I'm still not sure if the 5-letter word that rhymes with "more" is okay to say in this forum :xp: )

*Looks at steak*

:eyeraise:

Good lord, I'm gonna puke my guts out...

That tip on the right end of the top one looks a little rare...

I hope you were on the toilet all night for that one! It's the animal's last act of revenge!!!

*cough* diarrhea *cough*

:p

*sniff* Your immune system probably... *sniff*... screwed that idea over...

*goes to cow shrine to pray to the God's of Vegetarianism/Veganism...*

*Looks at steak*

:eyeraise:

Good lord, I'm gonna puke my guts out...

That tip on the right end of the top one looks a little rare...

I hope you were on the toilet all night for that one! It's the animal's last act of revenge!!!

*cough* diarrhea *cough*

:p

*sniff* Your immune system probably... *sniff*... screwed that idea over...

*goes to cow shrine to pray to the God's of Vegetarianism/Veganism...*

Yes, maybe next life the cow would recarnate into a fat carrot at a vegan party... :)

And yes, while sauces can be as complex/simple as you would like, marinate should generally be done lightly, and with only simple things. Sea Salt and black peper(or other pepper) is just right for a good steak, though some would add a wee tiny pinch of sugar. Yes I know about things like blackened steak, but I prefer a more simple approach for the really nice meat.

Gravy/sauces on the other hand can be wild and happy... them 'tatos would be happy with the sauce (though I sometimes prefer simple butter, sour cream, chives, bacon bits, fried unions)

Archived