Home

Awesome Barbecue Steak Made of Carnivore Win

tk102

Come on over! I'm starting some on the grill tomorrow morning. My own special marinade, apple wood for some sweeeet smoke, and Sweet Baby Ray's sauce (but not too much sauce--good 'cue doesn't need a lot of sauce). They should be ready about 6:30.

It took a little longer than 6:30, but it was worth every moment of the wait. Man, awesome ribs, so tender the meat was falling off the bone.... :D

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Weave you seriously should think of opening a vegan thread. Because this is a meat thread. No offense.

Non taken... although...

The whole point is to be obnoxious. :lol: It's not too hard to ignore my presence is it? Besides... it's not like I've been screwing around the entire time I've been in this thread. :p

Plus, I'm Vegetarian... not Vegan. I think I've mentioned that cheese is very good, have I not?

Perhaps there are some potential converts out there? <_< >_>

Ohhh... how one can hope.

If I open a Vegetarian thread? How many meat-eaters do you think will go to crash the party? Quite a bit. In case you haven't noticed, there's not too many Vegies out there. What better place to find them than in a meat thread? It makes perfect sense to me. (Plus, I cook tofu the same way I cook a lot of other foods... maybe I'm looking for some pointers? ;) )

Non taken... although...

The whole point is to be obnoxious. :lol: It's not too hard to ignore my presence is it? Besides... it's not like I've been screwing around the entire time I've been in this thread. :p

Plus, I'm Vegetarian... not Vegan. I think I've mentioned that cheese is very good, have I not?

Perhaps there are some potential converts out there? <_< >_>

Ohhh... how one can hope.

If I open a Vegetarian thread? How many meat-eaters do you think will go to crash the party? Quite a bit. In case you haven't noticed, there's not too many Vegies out there. What better place to find them than in a meat thread? It makes perfect sense to me. (Plus, I cook tofu the same way I cook a lot of other foods... maybe I'm looking for some pointers? ;) )

Have I been screwing around Weave??? We just have different opinions on the subject, that is all. Sorry I called you a vegan, I just never heard you say that you liked cheese, so please forgive me.

So, the new name is nice and all. Now maybe someone should make another thread for the Veggieans!

Name suggestion:

Awesome Barbercue Peas Made of Herbivore WIn

or

Unawesome Barbercue Corpse Made of Carnivore Fail

Eitherway some interesting veggie stuff is good. I like all sorts of food, meat or un-meat.

Actually, this is a "No" meat thread. :D Reread the name to find out why Weave and I were attracted to it in the first place. We figured it was a protest thread!

Technically that is what the thread was named, BUT If you read the thread opener you will find out that it IS a meat thread. Sorry for the miscommunication.

Edit:

So, the new name is nice and all. Now maybe someone should make another thread for the Veggieans!

Name suggestion:

Awesome Barbercue Peas Made of Herbivore WIn

or

Eitherway some interesting veggie stuff is good. I like all sorts of food, meat or un-meat.

That sounds like a good idea PoiuyWired.

Actually, I don't think that anyone has mentioned pan-blackened steak like they do in N'awlins (that's New Orleans;) ).

It seals in the juices perfectly, and it doesn't cover the taste of the beef if the seasoning is done right.

It's a good alternative if you can't grill.

BTW, veg-heads: Have any of you seen the movie Alive? I wonder who would survive in that situation: carnivores (omnivores, really) or vegetarians?;)

To Jae Onasi: Droll, so very droll.

BTW, veg-heads: Have any of you seen the movie Alive? I wonder who would survive in that situation: carnivores (omnivores, really) or vegetarians?;)

I think vegetarians would do just fine in such a situation. At least I would. Survival is a strong instinct. Besides, I'd sooner eat a human than an innocent animal any day. ;)

Actually, I don't think that anyone has mentioned pan-blackened steak like they do in N'awlins (that's New Orleans;) ).

It seals in the juices perfectly, and it doesn't cover the taste of the beef if the seasoning is done right.

It's a good alternative if you can't grill.

Problem with the herbs and seasoning. Its hard to get the good ones, and things you get at QFC is not nearly acceptable for this task.

But yes, I remember those nice herbs my old roomate used to bring home... and those tasty peas and rice....

We figured it was a protest thread!

*Lowers picket sign*

WTF? Where's the flags and banners and pissed off activists and riot police?

*Looks at new title*

:doh:

Have I been screwing around Weave??? We just have different opinions on the subject, that is all. Sorry I called you a vegan, I just never heard you say that you liked cheese, so please forgive me.

It's all good in the hood. :)

Or... 'Screeching, Soon-To-Be Decapitated Animal, With Excess Gore: Rated M' :p

[quote name=MdKnightR

]I think vegetarians would do just fine in such a situation. At least I would. Survival is a strong instinct. Besides, I'd sooner eat a human than an innocent animal any day.

I agree, human flesh is much more appetizing than scabbed animal carcass. ;)

Although... while everyone's eating each other... we'll establish our agriculturalist socities, make the cannibles our slaves and force them to build great pyrimids to appeal to the Rabia, goddess of animal rights. Then we use the meat-eaters as sacrifices and create a holy shrine to worship cows and pigs. And reincarnation means turning into a blade of grass so that you may nourish the animals who graze upon the fields. :indif:

But yes, I remember those nice herbs my old roomate used to bring home... and those tasty peas and rice....

Sounds good... peas, rice, possibly black beans... mmm...

Judge: Mr. Pig, how do you plea?

Mr. Pig: Guilty, your Honor.

Judge: Mr. Pig, you are hereby sentenced to become the following:

a. pork chop dinner at the Johnsons

b. pork tenderloin roast at the Smiths

c. pork steak at Joe Blow's place

d. ham dinner at Mamaw Judice's diner (and Mamaw knows how to cook)

e. Sausage for the sausage-egg biscuit at McDonald's

f. Bacon to go on top of Mama Jae's famous meatloaf (and if we run out of bacon for the Beggin' Strips Dog Treats, we'll make an artificial flavor for the dogs.)

g. Chittlins for Bubba Clinton

h. and last but not least, a head for the annual Boar's Head feast in Caer Anterth Mawr.

Edit: i. Spam

Too funny, Darth333! :lol:

Thank you very much, and may God have mercy on your porcine soul.

Judge: Mr. Pig, how do you plea?

Mr. Pig: Guilty, your Honor.

Judge: Mr. Pig, you are hereby sentenced to become the following:

a. pork chop dinner at the Johnsons

b. pork tenderloin roast at the Smiths

c. pork steak at Joe Blow's place

d. ham dinner at Mamaw Judice's diner (and Mamaw knows how to cook)

e. Sausage for the sausage-egg biscuit at McDonald's

f. Bacon to go on top of Mama Jae's famous meatloaf (and if we run out of bacon for the Beggin' Strips Dog Treats, we'll make an artificial flavor for the dogs.)

g. Chittlins for Bubba Clinton

h. and last but not least, a head for the annual Boar's Head feast in Caer Anterth Mawr.

Edit: i. Spam

Thank you very much, and may God have mercy on your porcine soul.

heheehehee. Funny, funny.

Archived