Home

Awesome Barbecue Steak Made of Carnivore Win

tk102

Meat is awseome Weave.... we as mankind would not be the same without meat...

Bah! Meat rots in your bowels! And it really doesn't taste like anything to me. Just some animal's that's been decapitated while screaming in bloody sorrow. And, Yes... humankid would be quite different if we didn't eat meat.

*Imagines a Wild Oats store on every street corner... along with the Vegetarian Cook Bible on every bookshelf, in every household*

*sniffle*... How beautiful it would be...

...them 'tatos would be happy with the sauce (though I sometimes prefer simple butter, sour cream, chives, bacon bits, fried onions)

Take out the bacon bits and it would be very good. ;)

Yes, maybe next life the cow would recarnate into a fat carrot at a vegan party... :)

Sadly, I have little faith in reincarnation. :p

Thanks for validating me Weave!

Nah... I just like annoying meatheads. :) Seeing cooked meat doesn't actually make me sick. I still cook it, myself. Reluctantly of course... but hey... little Emma Dilemma needs her protein... and my veggie food just won't cut it for the growing girl.

@All Meat Lovers:

Yummy.

MMmmm

:p

Such morbid humor......

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bah! Meat rots in your bowels! And it really doesn't taste like anything to me. Just some animal's that's been decapitated while screaming in bloody sorrow. And, Yes... humankid would be quite different if we didn't eat meat.

Take out the bacon bits and it would be very good. ;)

Sadly, I have little faith in reincarnation. :p

Nah... I just like annoying meatheads. :) Seeing cooked meat doesn't actually make me sick. I still cook it, myself. Reluctantly of course... but hey... little Emma Dilemma needs her protein... and my veggie food just won't cut it for the growing girl.

@All Meat Lovers:

Yummy.

MMmmm

Such morbid humor......

Sooooo......what was that second pic? squirrel? fox? mink? Fish doesn't look all that great, but often tastes pretty decent.

*Imagines a Wild Oats store on every street corner... along with the Vegetarian Cook Bible on every bookshelf, in every household*

*sniffle*... How beautiful it would be...

:beam1:

Sooooo......what was that second pic? squirrel? fox? mink? Fish doesn't look all that great, but often tastes pretty decent.

:beam1:

My guess would be that being a seal clubbed and skinned for its pelt (not always by a Canadian) I consider that waste of resources. If people are going to kill an animal for its resources as least use it in a less wasteful way.

Plus, roasting it that might be a good idea. Maybe do it like a roast pig, on campfire.

Nonsense! I know of many vegetarian families. Dead animals are not a necessity for the health of a growing child.

She is a very sick child. Pernicious anemia. :cry6:

Besides... You and me both ate meat at the age of 5 and 6 I'm sure. I may feel bad about feeding it to her, but she lacks sufficient amounts of tryptophan and lysine, which are the most important proteins, for strict vegetarians like myself, to get. Therefore, getting her on my type of diet (And even weak vegetarianism) is truly a risk I wish to avoid for right now.

Plus, she needs to develop some autonomy first...

...she is reluctant to eat what I feed her in the first place!

You guys should post some of your favorite vegetarian recipes in the cooking thread.

Do eggs and milk products not provide enough of those particular amino acids? I thought they were both complete proteins, but if they don't have enough of those I can see where meat might become more important in that particular condition.

tk, you can come over and use our grill any time. However, we're purists and use a smoker grill with charcoal, not gas. Slow-cooked (smoked all day long) bbq ribs ftw!!!

Oh, you can grill zucchini--slice a small zucchini lengthwise into 4 pieces, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, and grill until crisp tender, about 2 minutes or so.

You guys should post some of your favorite vegetarian recipes in the cooking thread.

Oh, you can grill zucchini--slice a small zucchini lengthwise into 4 pieces, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, and grill until crisp tender, about 2 minutes or so.

Ah yes... I know how to make the most fantastic Zucchini bread! (It may sound gross... but it tastes EXACTLY... if not better... that banana bread)...

Do eggs and milk products not provide enough of those particular amino acids? I thought they were both complete proteins, but if they don't have enough of those I can see where meat might become more important in that particular condition.

Like I said, I'm a strict Vegetarian... I don't use eggs for anything... and I tend to substitute milk with soy milk... I definitely don't drink milk straight-up since it has scabs and puss in it... and because soy milk tastes 10x better :p I do use milk indirectly at times... (such as cooking it in small amounts)...

Anyway, As far as I know... soy, milk, and rice don't have very much tryptophan or lysine... I could be wrong though. Eggs probably do... but then again, I doubt it since a lot of minor/weak vegetarians still eat eggs and it doesn't seem to help them very much with essential amino acids. Beans are a good source I'm positive of... and so are nuts... but both need to be eaten fairly excessively... which isn't exactly good for an anemic child who eats like a bird. Plus, all those things need to be balanced... too many beans and you won't get other amino acids that are needed. So, it's a difficult situation...

But this is pretty far off-topic...

Unless this topic is focused on mindless banter about meat. :nod:

@ tk: salting that steak before cooking is a sacrilege! :tsk:

No steaks were harmed in the posting of this thread. :p

My steak was nice and juicy and I assert that the small amount of salt I added improved the searing and reduced adhesion to the pan. Plus salt is a key ingredient in most barbecue rubs and especially for prime rib.

seal head or Oogruk Intestine Soup or raw muktuk

That Eskimo ice cream looks tasty also. :xp: No scabs or pus in that one, Weave!

@D333: Do you know if those recipes work alright with sea lion? :p

My guess would be that being a seal clubbed and skinned for its pelt (not always by a Canadian) I consider that waste of resources. If people are going to kill an animal for its resources as least use it in a less wasteful way.

Just an FYI, canned seal meat is sold in many grocery stores in Newfoundland. o_Q

@D333: Do you know if those recipes work alright with sea lion? :p

yeah...they should...but the farthest I went was eating raw arctic char after receiving an invitation from one of our interpreters....luckily one of the guys on the team was there to remind me that it was like sushi without the sauce and the rice :p (except that the fish was entire and I had the impression that it was looking at me :o )

Just an FYI, canned seal meat is sold in many grocery stores in Newfoundland. o_Q
Indeed. Never tried it but seal meat is also a consumed in Northern Quebec.

I usually deal with low-quality supermarket steak by soaking it in a light marinade for 24 hours or so, good way to improve the taste and get rid of most of the toughness. Better steaks, on the other hand, get nothing but 6 hours in au jus. I do most of my meat cooking on an electric range, by the way, but the grill is amazing. Even pizza is better grilled.

Deer is also good, the fresher the better. I shot one a few years ago and it tasted amazing after a nice long marinade. Of course, Elk>beef, but that's another topic for another day.

yeah...they should...but the farthest I went was eating raw arctic char after receiving an invitation from one of our interpreters....luckily one of the guys on the team was there to remind me that it was like sushi without the sauce and the rice :p (except that the fish was entire and I had the impression that it was looking at me :o )

Indeed. Never tried it but seal meat is also a consumed in Northern Quebec.

Hmmm... fresh raw fish, better with some freshly grated wasabi and soy sauce...Well actually thinnly sliced ginger shreds, a bit of japanese wine and light soy sauce mix would work wonders... or a simple miso sauce. Yum yum Yum.

Never tried seal meat before, what do they taste like?

As for those Inuit recepies, some of them are really interesting, while some are just quite normal stuff with different ingredients. But the fried muktuk on the other page looks yummy. Raw ones would be a bit too oily lardy for my taste. A bite or two may be ok though.

Actually I don't think you even need to bread them, with all those fat they can be crispy on their own, seasoned with a bit of chili powder, sea salt and such and that would rock.

However, we're purists and use a smoker grill with charcoal, not gas. Slow-cooked (smoked all day long) bbq ribs ftw!!!

I love you.

Hey! What about me? I'm the one who does the barbecuing in the family. :)

P.S. Send ribs!

Come on over! I'm starting some on the grill tomorrow morning. My own special marinade, apple wood for some sweeeet smoke, and Sweet Baby Ray's sauce (but not too much sauce--good 'cue doesn't need a lot of sauce). They should be ready about 6:30.

Hey! What about me? I'm the one who does the barbecuing in the family. :)

Come on over! I'm starting some on the grill tomorrow morning. My own special marinade, apple wood for some sweeeet smoke, and Sweet Baby Ray's sauce (but not too much sauce--good 'cue doesn't need a lot of sauce). They should be ready about 6:30.

And Boba, don't forget to bring the beer. :D

Really? How does your technique compare to that in post #1?

For cooking on the stove I generally marinade for a long period of time in a light sauce and rub seasonings before I start cooking. Preheat the desired cookware to a very high temperature(I usually use an anodized aluminum skillet with a bit of olive oil), and put the steak in, sear the outside, turn the temperature down, and add some of the marinade to the skillet.

I've found that cooking a good steak on a rangetop generally requires moisture to maintain "juiciness." This goes for hamburgers as well.

Archived