Home

Man...it's such a shame that TSL was never finished

Clone L68362

I'm playing through with some restored content, but the game still feels so incomplete...so many little glitches and bugs and quests you can't do and there just isn't enough time to do everything in the game...sure, you can make everyone Jedi, but by the time you do, you've only got one, maybe two planets left, if you count Korriban as a whole planet.

Makes you wonder if Obsidian was trying to do too much...

Uhhh restored content from where?....was it Obsidian that added that or randoms?

Also Kind of hard for Obsidian to finish when for the first month of production Lucas Arts didn't even let Obsidian see the story of KOTOR...They didn't know who Revan was....So just like that one month gone and then LA cut the last two months of production off...Simply to get it out for the Christmas season...That makes three months!!!....Just Imagine what OE could of done...bottom line is LA screwed over K2 not Obsidian, and even for what OE did was pretty damn good. OE was a new company filled with vets of the gaming industry but LA could bully them around, they couldn't do that with Bioware

OE even wanted to put out a patch out with all the cut content but what did LA say....NO, given the time, OE would of made a just as good or better game than K1, in my opinion I like K2 more than the first because the story is more deep, many more choices and more complexed characters, not to say bioware didn't do a good job either KOTOR was awesome and K2 had it's let down moments but overall it was great.

I honestly have never gotten the unfinished sense from TSL. I know people go on and on about how incomplete the game is, but nothing falls flat for me. I'm looking forward to the TSLRP only because it'll enhance what's already there and make it a new experience, as opposed to the experience I should've gotten from the get go.

I honestly have never gotten the unfinished sense from TSL. I know people go on and on about how incomplete the game is, but nothing falls flat for me. I'm looking forward to the TSLRP only because it'll enhance what's already there and make it a new experience, as opposed to the experience I should've gotten from the get go.
TSL, for me, is really good up until the Ravager. Then it just goes to crap.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope restoratoin efforts can rebuild what was lost and maybe, one can dream, somdeay Obsidian might even make a patch with the unused material they may still have, as most of the orignal team members are still working for them, and it was only a few years ago. One can hope, for hope is the foundation for any future.

I hope restoratoin efforts can rebuild what was lost and maybe, one can dream, somdeay Obsidian might even make a patch with the unused material they may still have, as most of the orignal team members are still working for them, and it was only a few years ago. One can hope, for hope is the foundation for any future.

I'm pretty sure Obsidian is done with anything like that. I hear they need approval from LA to release new patches anyway.

As I play through KotOR II again, I am absolutely mind-boggled by the sheer depth and richness of the story and dialogue ... right until you land on Taris....where things start to thin out. But it still holds its own - keeping an even keel and full of darkness and intrigue - yeah, right until the Ravager, and then *flush*

All those loose ends trailing, what did Bao-Dur discover on Dxun and is he DEAD by Malachor? What happened with GoTo and the remote? Why the Hell was Kreia messing about with Mical? Did anyone else, other than Mira, survive that crash on Malachor??

Gah!!

What hurts the most is how absolutely *delicious* the promise of the first few hours of that game are....

Same here. I'd never have thought that much was cut from the game if I hadn't been on forums that stated this. The great thing about TSLRP isn't that it fills in the holes (which aren't really that big, if you ask me), but because Team Gizka's actually restoring content that was created by the developers of the game itself, which almost guarantees the same level of quality like the content from the game out of the box.

^ The reason I went round and joined this forum after I'd reinstalled the game was because I had met with too many discrepancies, rooms you can't go into, a story that ends almost nowhere, etc. When I looked into the files because I thought something was odd, I found tons of cut and missing content.

K2 was not the follow-up that K1 deserved. Think about it: thirteen months only for development of the entire game, it couldn't possibly be finished.

... right until you land on Taris....
You mean Telos? Taris is in K1.
All those loose ends trailing, what did Bao-Dur discover on Dxun and is he DEAD by Malachor?
What I liked the best is how Bao-Dur just randomly remembers about that extremely vague Force connection he magically has and then says absolutely nothing to you the rest of the game.

• 4 weeks later...

Im surprised since LA is letting Team Gizka make their TSLRP that they wouldnt want Obsidian to simply put out their own patch of OFFICIAL material. I dont see what the difference is, either way we get resorted content, I dont know what LA's fuss is. Youd think theyd want to make up for having upset everyone so much.

LucusArts considers projects such as TSLRP as a mod to the game, and has publicly stated that they support mod efforts (something I think they were made to say to appease the community). But it still boggles my mind what they were thinking when they made these decisions. From the shortened deadline to the lack of overall time to complete the game, to the decision to NOT let Obsidian release the cut content, I simply can't fathom which exec of theirs thought that not finishing the game was a good idea.

I think it all hit home when they released their BEST OF PC games package and only the first KOTOR was in it when the second could/should have been in there too. Maybe they realized that they messed up badly and don't want to be reminded of their horrible decisions. Oh well, shoulda woulda coulda. Thats the story of TSL's 'life' so to speak and such a shame too after such a gem of a story. *sigh*

I know this probably isnt legal but im wondering why Obsidian just didnt give the TSLRP team all their material for the patch they wanted to give out and just let them make it into a mod and then LucasArts shouldnt care because they support mods. Besides TSLRP is being made by stuff thats already in the game anyways. That way they wouldnt have to make it into an "official" patch. Just give them instructions and let them do it.

I still think the game is great the way it is. In fact I play K2 more than K1, because it lets me rp more. In K1 after the big revelation I felt I had to live up to that character. Plus K2 has Kreia/ Traya and Kavar, who are two of my favorite characters in the series. I'm still looking foward to the 2 big restoration projects K2RP and TSLRP.

The only thing I feel they could've improved was Darth Nihilus, they could have given him more of a background story. I like characters who have depth like Kreia, even Sion had a decent backstory.

Archived