Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

Sorry man. :( But I had a feeling...

I've gotten a few messages similar to those myself before, and I've always felt they were bull****.

Never followed up on any of them... even for a laugh.

It's been a slow day. It hit me that I'm really tired and physically exhausted today.

I have to some more laundry though... my next full day off is a week from today,.. and that's after a 6 day week, incl. two 16+ hour days back-to-back.

I think I can be pretty damn sure I won't feel much like tackling much in the way of chores then.

I probably won't do my full wash this time though... just enough to get me through the next 2 weeks.

EDIT:

Into the 600's in this thread already.

w00t.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah well it sucks. o well. i wrote the girl who's space was hacked and told her. maybe something will come of that. probably not.

oh i met someone famous today: Super Mario!! the guy who was the actor for mario in the super mario movie i guess. what the hell are the odds?

anyways...maybe i'll just do some browsing on myspace, send out a message or two and find a real woman.

i've also got a lot of work to do in my apartment. first i need to clean out a load of trash, which i'll do shortly...then tomorrow and tuesday i gotta start getting stuff out to sell on ebay, get rid of, or ready for storage.

I think i'll also start doing drive-thrus of nearby towns and seeing if there's any places available to move to or get a job at.

I think i'm going to downgrade my cable and just stick with the internet cable, i don't watch tv much anymore, and i need to cut expenses.

I bought some stuff to fix the rust spots on my tracker. so i'll probably work on that once the weather warms up.

I have alot of work to do. had to do somebody else's freakin maintenance tonight. pissed off at my manager for not making her do it, freakin favoritism for ya. :rolleyes: i did the damn stuff anyway. i don't know why the hell my mgr decided to give some incompetent the work when she knew it would end up being done by someone else. :mad:

I finished up my 24 bottles of water. need to go get some more, i think drinking it is helping me maintain my calorie intake or something. i lost about 10 pounds since i started drinking about 3-4 bottles a day. and this was within a week. need to lose about 20 more so i can pass a physical if i decide to try and get my RE3 waivered.

R15 is more then likely keeps your stomach full so you don't eat as much.

Btw, anyone have Livejournal or Facebook? i could realyl use some more friends on Facebook

Besides Facebook has this great app "jedi vs sith" that has user submitted trivia, and a simple Lightsaber combat game, you all would enjoy and have fun with.

I am K_Kinnison on LJ

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=597437181 for facebook

woke up before my alarm. work is going to suck today, i just have this feeling about it. gotta wear my glasses cause the eye doctor wanted me to skip a day of wearing contacts. -_-

i just hope today goes by fast. 10-7 isn't such a bad shift, means i don't gotta open or close. well, that's if the person that's opening does it right. :rolleyes:

after work, gotta go to the apartment and clean up.

yay 4-6 more inches, after we get rain first

then 40 mph winds to finish it

K_K the only thing that keeps me from going places in lots of snow is lack of ground clearance on my car

my buddy and I take his awd eagle talon out when it snows alot, empty roads and 4-6 inches of powder == fun :D

work went by pretty fast. had supper over at my sister's lol that just sounds so funny. i ate like 4 sloppy joes cause i skipped lunch and was freaking hungry.

my parents are trying to make it from florida to home in 1 day...they're around gettysburg right now. insane. looks like i'll be sleeping over at the apartment (where i'm at now) tomorrow. lol and probably have to get it cleaned up. think i'll tell them of what i intend to try to do. i highly doubt they'll understand my reasoning, but whatever.

wow, just about 5 days off of xbox 360. or has it been longer? I'm feeling like playing Halo 3. I might just give in and buy the map pack for that and GRAW 2.

tomorrow though...

i keep browsing the locals on myspace, one or two have perked my interest, maybe i'll send a message. could be fun.

I have practically given up on Online personals. Either they are double baggers, or they only want a cute guy to keep them warm in bed. Heck I posted an ad on craigslist asking pic for pic and after three emails a girl couldn't understand why I wouldn't give her a pic of myself.

Btw... Zargon did you end up hogging all the snow? We didn't get any up here. So much for a snow storm

well the girl i originally wrote to on myspace (the one i knew from pizza hut who went into the army and who unknowingly inspired me to enlist in 2004) accepted my friend request. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=95800967 that's her page. apparently she's over in the desert as a mechanic.

i need to get stuff situated at my apartment, once everything is cleaned out i can decide what i really want to do.

New Computer.

5-year old work iMac. :dozey:

Angling for a new PowerMac at work. Everybody else has had at least 2 upgrades since I got this one... and now a bunch of people downstairs are getting even NEWER Intel ones!

I don't know exactly what I would do with an all new Mac... but I guess I could find something.

Work tonight wasn't great... but it was mostly painless. Finally got to hear the new speaker system in a context where I could actually do a bit of critical listening for a change.

I would have liked an even more relaxed setup and soundcheck than what I was given... but what I got was actually a luxury compared to what I've been getting lately.

Still getting used to them. It will probably take to the end of the semester at least, (if not longer,) before I start to feel 100% confident of my mixes.

Work was blah. Don't know how else to put it.

Played some co-op Ace Combat with my buddy from work. We did really well... but still didn't quite finish the mission. A lot closer than we've ever been in the past. Next time for sure!

Working late tomorrow. Hopefully I can sleep in the morning.

Haven't been doing so well lately... I have my doubts.

Oh well... fingers crossed!

halo 3 looks pretty good in hi-def. played a match online. i didn't feel like buying the dlc.

it snowed alot out today...the roads are horrid, but i went and got my contacts ordered...$72 for a 3 month supply. not too bad, thought it would be much more than that, the doctor that did the follow-up exam had me do the eye test with the contacts in, said i could see better than 20/20 in the right eye, my left eye has a very slight astigmatism.

I ordered a pizza and rented a few movies and watched them with my dad, watched michael clayton and american gangster. was fun chillin out with my parents on a snowy day.

now i'm at my apartment, the landlords didn't bother turning the heat on at all. i'm ok i guess. it is above 50 degrees so i don't have to worry about getting a cold injury. :rolleyes: i guess they figure i'm not gonna be here for the night, the last week i've been leaving as soon as the heat comes on, so i can't really blame them i guess.

tomorrow i work a 12-9 shift. yay!

Found out I suck at singing in Rock Band because I sing the songs like I'd actually sing 'em instead of the mechanical pitch changes it's looking for. When I just hummed the pitch it was looking for I was great, though. :p

I saw an 8-channel Behringer mixer for sale for $60 yesterday and pretty much couldn't resist... Mainly because it's got XLR inputs that I desperately need to start properly recording acoustic stuff at home, but also 'cause it's got separate left and right outputs so during jams I can record everything through the PC on one channel and send the vocals back to the PA on the other.

Next up is that Bassman head, and after that a DI box for recording bass stuff that doesn't sound like a cassette tape of farts played in a late 80's walkman. I gave up on trying to mic the amp for studio-type recording ages ago, but if I turn it up to about 4 when we're jamming, it's loud enough that the other mics all pick it up just fine anyway. :p God, I love that thing...

I had doubts about running 400W head through a 1x15 cab instead of a 4x10, but I gave it a workout a few weeks ago when my buddy bought a house and had a housewarming party... We were playing down in the basement and had it up a little past 7 when we had to stop because the bulbs in the overhead light fixtures on the main floor started falling out, and a poorly soldered water pipe joint burst in the (thankfully unfinished) room next to us. All that damage and it hardly lost any fidelity. I still think the 4x10 would've been better, but I'm not going to spend the money unless a great deal comes along.

Archived