Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

You want a Radial DI box. (My new favorite company, btw...)

Doesn't really matter which model... they all sound great.

The passive JDI might be a good one for you, as you don't need to worry about batteries or phantom power.

And: if you get 2 of them, you can then use them to "Re-Amp" direct recorded tracks.

And the company is Canadian... so you can probably get thier products cheaper than we can.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Radials should fit that bill.

If you have the cash, then their top-of-the-line one (http://www.radialeng.com/di-jdv.htm) is really sweet. Sounds super good! Lots and lots of I/O options.

We have 2 of these at work, and a bunch of the others.

Can never go really wrong with a Countryman Type 85, though... but I almost always grab the Radial ones first these days.

Finished my playthrough of TIE Fighter last night. Got all the secondary objectives in all the missions, and the bonus goals in most of them, but there were about fifteen missions where I just couldn't get the bonus goals. Sometimes I just couldn't figure out how to get to a particular craft before it hypered out or sometimes I would have to dogfight a bunch of TIE advanced armed with advanced missiles in an assault gunboat or something like that - something where the missiles will eventually bring you down. But anyway, it was fun, and it reminded of why TIE Fighter is and always shall be the greatest game ever.

man i got a bad cold. i went in to work anyway, cause i've had a worse cold than this and done harder things than standing around selling cameras and stuff. while at work i picked up cough drops, behind the counter advil cold and sinus, and green tea with honey. i decided to go for 2 advils instead of the standard dosage of one. not sure if that was a good move, cause now my lower abdomen is sore. my head is sore too. at least i'm not pissing blood. :)

decided to come home for lunch and check the myspace and stuff and just trying to relax and drink a few bottles of water.

when i get home after 9, i'm probably gonna load up the halo 3. the flood are insane on heroic difficulty, they are actually pretty cool. so i'll be on halo 3 maybe cod4 too...got the urge to go crazy with the lmgs. :D if not in mood for xbox, i'll be looking for places to move to down in lancaster area. maybe a transfer to the walmart down there would be better than outright quitting.....and i wouldn't have to be a photo associate, i could go for cashier or whatever it takes to get myself in the door. i already know i did like it down there, and know my way around and there's that votech school down there that i could get back into for Network+ if i so want to...

hmmm......................................i'm starting to like my options. :joy:

Interesting. And are we to take it she didn't offer you any practice time?

The universe conspired against me today.

Details to follow in the morning.

Maybe.

If I make it through the night, that is. I'm not sure if it's totally done with me yet...

passed out on futon, woke up to this thing what i actually get sometimes called 'sleep paralysis' on National Geographics, and apparently it's related to alien abductions, demons, and ghosts. freaky. still got a sore throat, fever is almost all gone. think i'll be calling off today though, i don't really want to pass this cold crap onto my friends.

So... yesterday. Hmm...

A comedy of errors. The best laid plans of mice and edlib...

It's hard to pin down where the day really began to take off in the wrong direction, and go hopelessly off track. I came into work with a fairly positive attitude, and lots of big plans, hopes and dreams... then almost immediately things began to go spectacularly awry.

And nothing that went wrong was an earth-shaking catastrophe. In fact... my day was a series of almost meaningless peeves. A collection of small annoyances, that, if taken completely on their own, would have been completely insignificant... but it was the cascading effect of thousands upon thousands of them back to back that made my existence so very bleak over the last 24 hours.

For example: We had a key break off in the lock of a door. Not really a big deal, you say, at least when taken on it's own? And I would tend to agree... except it was MY key... my MASTER key... to every door in the building... and it was sheared off in the lock of one of our most-used storage closets that we need to get in and out of 20 or 30 times on average on any given day, but was now hopelessly locked shut for the entire shift yesterday... and I was way, WAY too busy setting up this giant show on stage to really deal with the problem properly... because the show was huge and ambitious, filled with stressed out and picky faculty members, and I started the shift down 2 crew, lost another later, and this was the very first shift on this stage EVER for all but 2 of the rest. And those 2, while good guys and hard workers, aren't my A-list, go-to guys, so I had to explain things far more than I like to have to do on a show of this magnitude.

Then things started to build from there...

Yeah. Awesome.

Survived the show... but I had to work 30 times harder than I normally have to in order to keep things moving. And everything took 10 times longer to happen than it should have.

Not my most relaxed day on the job I've ever had... lets put it that way.

But, other than that... things are great. Never better.

Oh... Except for the snow on the ground when I left work that left me slipping and sliding all the way home.

So: In conclusion:

Let us never speak of yesterday again.

Hmmm... yeah.

That's always a mistake for me.

I don't know why, but I woke up yesterday in a good mood. Turned out to be quite unfounded, and quickly dashed.

I had also determined yesterday to perhaps attempt to put a few things in motion to resolve a few personal-life issues... but the circumstances of the day left no time to even think about such things, let alone act upon them... and by the time I was home it was far too late, and I was far too exhausted and disgusted with life to possibly continue that train of thought.

Maybe tonight... if I'm not too wiped out. Which I'm sure I will probably be.

Plus: I have to be at work by 7 am tomorrow... which means leaving my house before 6. Great. Then I won't be home again until well after midnight, most likely.

man this cold is kicking my ass. almost to the point of fainting. maybe i should get something to eat. i called off work today.....good thing i have tomorrow off as well, this gives me plenty of time to recover. not sure if i want to take another advil cold and sinus, as the stuff isn't working too great, made me hurt all over yesterday. now my head just aches and i feel pretty weak.

good or bad news, the girl i found on myspace read my letter.

i was bored and did some research and found out how long the girl is deployed for. I also got her mailing address off a church website, she's with the 3ID as a truck mechanic, and has been in iraq almost a year.

this information only took me like 40 minutes to dig up. all i used was her first and last name.

Tired tonight. I won't be staying up late tonight... which is a good thing, since I have to up again by 4 am at the latest.

Work was pretty chill for the most part.

A bunch of my co-workers got brand-new Intel iMacs. Sexy.

The biggest problem I can find with them is that they are Macs... :dozey:

Still... I'm more than a little jealous.

I decided to take a hand-me-down year-old Mac laptop to replace that ancient iMac I'm dragging along with me now.

I was offered a different iMac, one with a big screen, and a lot newer than the one I'm using... but by all appearances that one is a dog. It has been repaired and rebuilt a bunch of times in the last couple of months alone... and even more in it's lifetime.

It's always seemed to me that when you get a good Mac, you get a pretty rock solid machine.

But when you pick up a bad Mac... you get a REALLY BAD Mac. They don't seem to have just little problems.

I decided against it. Didn't want to be saddled with that potential albatross around my neck.

My current machine is old and slow... but it works fairly consistently. (Still crashes a lot more than my 8-year-old home Windows XP machine. Probably on at least a 10:1 ratio. Something I can't get any of the rabid Apple cultists I work with to believe... but it is the truth.) I'd much rather stick with that... but this laptop I've been offered seems pretty reliable, and all the specs are double than what I'm using. So I guess I'll give it a shot.

We are supposed to be on track for all new comps later this year anyway. And a laptop could have distinct advantages.

grrr i'm STILL stuck on that mission on CoD4. i even restarted it from the beginning. there's too many damn grenades being thrown around.

i'm almost through with my gallon of orange juice. still feel a little weak, i'll probably go shower then lay down and watch some tv.

the girl didn't reply to my message on myspace. o well, i don't really blame her. i did state that i liked her and had a crush on her in the message. i probably should not have done that. o well, whatever.

That's usually never a good idea, in my experience.

Although I don't know why... if a girl I know suddenly came up to me and told me she had a crush on me, I can be pretty sure I'd be totally psyched. I'd LOVE it if someone confessed a crush on me right now!

But I guess it's not good for guys to do.

Doesn't seem exactly fair... but there you go.

We have our evolutionary ancestors to thank for that imbalance I guess.

the girl didn't reply to my message on myspace. o well, i don't really blame her. i did state that i liked her and had a crush on her in the message. i probably should not have done that. o well, whatever.

No, if you are interested in someone it's best to be upfront about it. It's the honest thing to do, and you won't have to waste time wondering about it. It's probably best not to call it a "crush" though, since that sounds...kind of stupid.

Well... That's kinda what I meant.

Guys saying they have a "crush" sounds a bit fruity. For a man to say that comes across as way too desperate, and maybe even a little bit scary to some females.

But I've personally never been able to find a really good way of saying that in other terms.

Finding the delicate balance of expressing interest and attraction, without confessing too MUCH interest and attraction... and being the creepy, needy guy.

Or, conversely, holding too much back, and being too casual about it, and coming across not really interested enough for them.

And trust me: I've been searching for that magic "Goldilocks" zone for a long time,.. and yet I never seem to get it right.

And it is also something I'm really trying to get correct at the moment. One of those "personal" issues I mentioned about yesterday that I was going to attempt to do something about, but ended up far too bitch-slapped by life in the end that day to trust myself enough to ever do properly.

And yes... I am awake at 1 am. Went to bed too early, it appears. I have to try to get another hour or 2.

EDIT:

3:30 am. Never got back to sleep. Bloody Hell.

Oh well... no mad scrambling rush to get out the door for work now, I guess.

But I'll be awake well over 24 hours before I get a chance to get back home and sleep again.

Archived