Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never actually used eBay...

A friend of mine just had his eBay account hacked the other day. I was warning him about checking his Comcast account when he told me that this morning.

My cellar work is done. Now... to restoring it. :rolleyes:

Can't do anything down there until the cement dries, though. I'm working late for the next few nights anyway... so it doesn't really matter much.

My cat is bald. Looks utterly ridiculous! Big fluffy head; big fluffy tail; scrawny little bald cat body in between. I can't stop laughing at it. It's sooooo pissed off at me right now!

I'm actually bald too. Shaved off my beard, and had my head shaved at the barbershop tonight.

Had to show the cat some solidarity... ;)

Well... there's some stubble... but you can only really feel it, it's not something you can see.

I've never done this before. I've had it cut really close... but never all the way down to the skin.

It's different. Not sure if I really like it so much... but it's too late to go back now. :)

I want pics of the angry cat! :)

My hair is curly enough that every time I grow it out it turns into a poor white mans afro. Really sucks when I grow it out because then i have to wash it everyday or it becomes hideous.

But normally i keep it looking "Professional" mainly cause of work, and I never got into the habit of wearing hats

pics or it didn't happen!!!!

lol

anyway went and bought a computer at walmart. just got annoyed with having to figure out what all i needed to buy to build my own. this one is an Acer brand....but it has AMD Athlon 64 2.2 ghz dual core processor, 2 gigs of DDR2 ram, 320GB Harddrive, now the only thing im not sure if the graphics...it has pci slots, and either an agp or a pci-e slot. not sure which and i don't feel like opening the case again right now. (installing SWG......long install....ugh!) the integrated video is 256mb, so that should be nice.

yessssss it's pci-e. SWG runs OK...not as good as i want it to though. stupid integrated graphics. *glances at newegg.com*

Yeah... maybe this weekend I'll get a couple of shots of me with the cat. 2 baldies posing...

Work last night was weird, but easy. 3 indie rock bands doing a benefit concert. Between each band were these little film clips that reminded me of those "Afterschool Special" movies, showing teenagers in various heath crises (binge drinking, bulimia, HIV...) with some little moral to the story. The audience wasn't there to see those or get force-fed those messages, so the reaction to the clips was a little comical...

The bands weren't terrible... but just not my thing. Easy enough... and they were all really nice. I think ours was the best venue they have ever played. It was certainly the best audio they've had on this tour... they all said so.

Yes... I rock.

:D

Yesterday @ work: Easy day. Great show.

Mavis Staples of the legendary Staples Singers. Smoking backup band. Played their asses off! These folks were the real deal, but no attitudes anywhere. Makes the day go by quick.

Today: Reorganize the cellar. Do laundry. Install XP SP3 just to see how bad it wrecks my machine. (I brought my Powerbook home from work so I'll have a comp to work on in case this one bites it when I try the update.)

Might run out and do some shopping if I have time... but that can wait until tomorrow.

This week at my job they were asking for volunteers to help out today. I fugured it would be easy money so I offered my skills. Helped moved over 400,000 pounds of butter into tempering. Two guys pulling pallets out of the freezer were barely enough to keep me busy. So I spent most of the day on my forklift, rocking out (Had my Mp3 player) while I did my job. Day went by REAL fast, and I am now over $100 richer.

Both my Manager and supervisor couldn't stop thanking me for helping out, in fact, my supervisor couldn't belive I was keeping up with two other guys.

Hope they remember that when my review comes up in 9 months

almsot level 48 on my commando on swg. legacy sucks. glad i'm on the last section...

got hours at work to do some overnight mod thing with the tvs. so i'm workin 5pm-2am today and tomorrow. i get tuesday and wednesday off aside from 2 hours on tuesday.

really can't wait to get that 8800 GTS.

I just saw why American society is going down the tubes, or why at least G4 is going down.

A new game show that is part eating contest, and endurance. Players race each other in eating foods, and then go through gut wrenching thrill rides in an attempt to not throw up. The name of the show is "Hurl"

Awesome. And people are surprised when I tell them that I don't watch TV anymore... :rolleyes:

Bought a portable USB harddrive today. Doesn't work. Failed to mount on my Mac,.. and took my PC down when I plugged it in there. I'll have to return it tomorrow. That sucks.

I better get one that works... I want to take my iTunes folder from work to Florida with me... and then have it around when I get back. I spent weeks ripping those CDs... I want to be able to have them wherever I go.

I'll have to see if the Best Buy where I work will accept the return...

In slightly more positive news: My buddy and me finally finished the co-op Gears of War.

Yay! At least I feel I accomplished something with my weekend. :dozey:

only shows i watch on tv are Hell's Kitchen and 24.....next season of 24 is scheduled to air january 2009....but by then clone wars will be on and i'll be into that.

I went on http://www.wookieepedia.com the other day and was looking up stuff....like stormtroopers. I really like how they tied clonetroopers into the original trilogy.

gah...it's early in the morning. need to be in bed. just got home from "work".

almost level 50 commando in swg. would be playing now, but contacts are starting to hurt my eyes.

Went to Ocean City for the weekend. Kind of sucked, like it does every year, but better than work, so I'll take it. Probably the only vacation I'll get this year, since I have to take a week to go to my cousin's wedding in freaking London.

Edit: After I got home, I mowed the lawn. While I was mowing the lawn, I found a turtle. He was cute. I played with him for a little while and then let him go.

Going to see the death note movie on wednesday with my friends. should be cool.

oh yes, one more thing to add. met a new girl at work during my lunch break, all was cool until i go to check out at her register notice that she's pregnant (didn't notice at lunch cause she was sitting down at a table). later i learned that the father of her baby left her.

I don't think i'll pursue. or should i? that would be funny as hell if for instance i pursued and she became my girlfriend, and i go to introduce her to my parents without telling them she is pregnant.

that would be ****ed up.

Seems like a hopelessly complicated situation to get yourself involved in...

Being a new boyfriend is often difficult enough with out setting yourself up as a new dad in the process.

But she will still need some support, anyway. You should friend her and give her a hand wherever possible.

Work the last 2 days was mostly training sessions, dealing with a lot of audio theory and speaker systems demonstrations.

It's really interesting... but why is it that sitting in one place, listening and looking at power-point presentations is far, far more exhausting than doing my regular job all day?

I've been totally wiped out every day as soon as I get home. I'm sure the early morning commutes have a lot to do with it... but even still...

Came across this article today. It's about our recent speaker renovation. (I am actually mentioned by real name there, for you sharp-eyed readers...)

EDIT:

Ok... so my bithday is coming up. Would it really be so much to ask for you guys to all chip in and get me

Archived