Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

didnt get much sleep.....went to bed at 3:30am...woke up to alarm at 8:30am. i feel nauseous. that feeling where you know you should eat something, but feel like if you do you'll throw up. -_-

gotta be in work at 10, working til 7. ffffffffffffffffffffun.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, Zarg. :( People keep finding new ways to suck...

**** happens :)

probably time I grow up a bit more and not go to parties liek that anyways, at 26 and almost married I could make a few better decisions I suppose.

teh most annoying part of in teh scuffle i dropped my car key :(

I have spares but...........its a 2 key set instead of a single, and now I have to get one from the dealer

Dropped off my car this am. Walked to the subway station from the dealership (about an hour and 3/4...)

Had a relaxed day at work. Finished too late to pick up the car, though, so it will have to wait until tomorrow morning.

Walked to South Station from work (a little over an hour...) then from the North Quincy subway stop back home, taking the long way along the beach (almost another 2 hours.)

All in all, I think I totalled at least 4 hours of exercise in today... maybe a bit more. Not bad. My feet are a bit sore, but not screaming.

I wish I could force myself (or even find the time...) to do that everyday. I'd get into some decent shape in a hurry.

I'll try to do some more tomorrow, after I get the car... but I don't imagine it will be anything quite that intense.

Dropped off my car this am. Walked to the subway station from the dealership (about an hour and 3/4...)

Had a relaxed day at work. Finished too late to pick up the car, though, so it will have to wait until tomorrow morning.

Walked to South Station from work (a little over an hour...) then from the North Quincy subway stop back home, taking the long way along the beach (almost another 2 hours.)

All in all, I think I totalled at least 4 hours of exercise in today... maybe a bit more. Not bad. My feet are a bit sore, but not screaming.

I wish I could force myself (or even find the time...) to do that everyday. I'd get into some decent shape in a hurry.

I'll try to do some more tomorrow, after I get the car... but I don't imagine it will be anything quite that intense.

probably right near my brothers place....although he appeared to be in central quincy.......near teh hospital and the statue etc

Yeah... that whole area is generally lumped in as "Quincy Center."

That's generally where I go to catch the train.

EDIT:

Beautiful day yesterday. Meant to take a walk at the beach.

Instead: I fell asleep almost as soon as I got home... and woke up just about 12 hours later.

Yikes.

I guess I needed some sleep...

I have that same problem. of course my excuse is that I work in a cold environment. half of the time in a -5 degree freezer, the other half on a 35-40 degree dock. just a half hour after work my face feels flushed and I'm tired 3 hours after work I am often nodding off if i don't have any stimulation

Well... I've been getting up early for the last couple of mornings to deal with my car, and work around the house... but still going to bed at my usual time typically.

Looks like I have to bring the car back again: Getting a brake-pad warning light. :rolleyes:

Fortunately, the service guy thinks they just tripped the sensor while they were working under there. Besides: I can't afford to pay for brake work now... I'll just have to stop driving if there's really a problem.

(I doubt there is... the brakes feel fine to me.)

Guitar student concert tonight. Loud. Lots of notes.

Went pretty well, though.

I'm starving. I better head home.

'grats crackhead! ;)

My direct supervisor is stressing out at work, he even threatened to leave his position and ask for a demotion. I told him if he did that I would end up having to take the job he vacated. Thankfully I was able to talk him out of it.. but down the line I know I have a quick way into getting a promotion

Joy Behar (comedienne from The View...) tonight. Kinda funny. A bit filthier than I probably expected. But easy.

Tom Morello from Rage Against The Machine doing his acoustic protest song tour tomorrow night.

Only other big news for me today is that I wiped out all my Facebook apps. (For those of you I have played some of those games against: sorry... but a couple of you won by my forfeit before I deleted them... so you should be a bit ahead of the games...)

I was spending way too much time keeping track of all those apps. I really do need to cut down on my online time, and get some kind of life happening here again. All those silly games certainly weren't helping... but as long as they were there I couldn't bring myself to actually ignore them.

Hopefully this will do the trick... we'll see...

i have a lot but some of them dont work or are lame at a certain point. In fact for JediVsSith once i reached level 3 I stopped playing and my only battle at the time was against ed. The only other game I really play is "imperial galaxy" once you get to a certain point you only need to spend about 2 hours playing it every few days. tho the game is still beta and has a lot of problems with top heavy fleets... which shows that the game dynamics are a bit off.

I really wish I could spend the time learning to program and create my own facebook game..i got some great ideas

I had a couple of other battles going on at the time which I also forfeited.

But they were frustrating because it would often take days before my opponent made a move (and usually after I had to goad them into it, sometimes several times...) or they were just letting the computer auto-move them.

Made the game a whole lot of no fun at all.

But I came to the realization the other day that if I had spent the time I was devoting to attempting to level-up my Vampire, or being the #1 Speed Racer on, say, exercise, or practicing guitar, or maybe just reading a really good book,.. my life would probably be a lot more fulfilling.

But all I really had to show for all those hours expended was a handful of meaningless stats for ridiculous online games that I wasn't even enjoying very much.

It had to end.

I know a couple of people that may turn out a bit annoyed with me for taking this step... but whatever. They'll have to get over it.

So much for an acoustic show tonight... :rolleyes: Kinda went by the wayside when the 2 Marshall stacks rolled in.

Ouch.

Loud.

Long.

Parts of it were good... but the politics were way too liberal (even for me...) most of the night.

I've reached that point.

I resisted getting involved with the games for a long time... then allowed myself to be talked into it... got sucked in, and pretty much instantly regretted it.

I think next I'll have to prune back all my groups to just the ones I actually check and/or care about. About 3... maybe 4.

I might pick it up again at some point. I won't rule anything out...

But for now, I think it's better that I try to wean my online habits into something more manageable.

Work was slow yesterday (for me, anyway...)

Caught up on some of the weekend's missed sleep once I got home.

That is really all to report.

My life is just one giant excitement-fest at the moment. Whoopee. :dozey:

P.S. -

Nice link Keyan!

Makes me long for another SW space flight game in the worst way, though... :(

Archived