Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

The manager I am temporarily on "loan" to is being a major pain. He screams at everything, and he's always wrong. But if you calmly try to explain why he's wrong, he just gets angrier and screams more. The only thing this inspires me to do is ignore problems instead of trying to fix them so we don't get into these situations. Effective style of management, eh?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
keyan, just threaten to go above him with the problems. well, unless you are the manager?

No one above him can spare the time to look at the technical details, and they let him get away with his little fits because he has the most expertise in a certain area and would be very, very hard to replace. And he is good at what he does. But as a manager he fails completely.

I am posting from a Starbucks in West Palm Beach.

(As predicted, I have no Interweb access at my Dad's place. One wireless connection in range... but password protected. Damn.)

Oh well,.. not a big deal.

So far it's been relaxing. Went to the beach a couple of times (surf has been too rough to go in the water, though...) played some guitar on the old man's vintage instruments, helped my folks set up their new HDTV (26" Sony Bravia, Crack...)

Hasn't even been too terribly hot... yet.

We might try to make it up to St. Augustine next week. That should be fun.

I'll be sure to bring a camera.

I probably won't bother trying to grab a connection again,.. so I guess I'll catch back up when I get home.

Later, boys!

I found people who have tempers and lash out at those they are in charge of are two faced weasels. They are mean to one group who they don't need anything from, and sweet and sugar to those above they need something from.

If he uses any vulgar language, or insults during his tirades you have a great case of harrasment

Document it, submit it and then if nothing is done you can contact the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.. and belive me, when that happens they will change things.

I had this kind of stuff happen to me at a Union job, and shortly after I was "sent home" the supervisor in question was no longer working at the same place as I was.

become the replacement? Seriously, the best way to fight stuff like that is just to be that much better than the guy above you. Then when you make your case against him, you can also present alternatives to him, or prove it to management so they will be more apt to replace him.

Hard to do, but it can be done.

It will take years before I accumulate the knowledge he has. Of course, they don't want to lose me either - it would cost them, because they have invested a lot in specific training for me that is expensive and rare. So the best way to deal with it is probably to tell my manager that I don't want to work with this other guy anymore. He's not my manager, so there is no reason I should have to deal with him at all.

just respec'd my character to partial beast master, bioengineering side so he can extract dna from the various beasts across the galaxy, my alt, is going bioengineer...i also placed a cloning facility in my city and turned the city's specialization to 'clone lab'. going to work on getting the stuff for it...once the droid commander stuff comes out, going to have a section in my city for that as well. i'm gonna be rich!!!!

I think the Golf gods are smiling at me.

Sunday I went to a driving range, so a friend could give me some pointers and tips on to improve my golf swing. It was a nice outdoor course. Off to the side, between the practice putting green and the Driving range is a nice pond which were home to some Geese and their goslings

I was practicing my swing, and out of the corner of my eye i saw what appeared to be a small brown dog running towards me. I turned to look at it with the first thought being "Why the hell is someone bringing a dog to a golf course?" and see it is a woodchuck. It was barreling towards me like a big fat shaggy Dachshund, dark brown in color.

I was both amused and surprised and called out to it "Well, hello there" and it came to within inches of my feet .. underneath my gold club and went over to a nearby pine tree.

Too me a minute to compose myself cause I was laughing so hard at the irony of being almost run over my a Groundhog at a golf course. Caddyshack this wasn't

My knee is feeling better during my runs now. I googled for my symptoms to see what the problem might be, and I saw something called "Runner's Knee" that can be caused by downhill running. So on my runs I've just walked or lightly jogged down the hills instead of running down them, and that seems to have done the trick. It still isn't 100% healed, but it's getting stronger all the time. So yay, I guess.

FAIL....

somehow messed up my computer when putting in the 8800GT...i had to disconnect the hard drive and move it to a different bay so the card would fit. it fits nice, but with power all hooked up and everything the only things that i notice work are the cpu fan, video card fan, psu fan, and cd drive. no video signal and no beeps. i have removed the ram and still no beeps. probably fried the mobo. which sucks because....that's like $700 down the drain unless i take it to a repair shop and they find and solve the problem and doesn't cost over $200.....

http://tenthboard.net/2008/06/05/making-progress

Shot a 564 in my league last night...a better set than any I've had since my return to bowling. Had another 179 second game, but this time it was sandwiched between a couple of games in the 190s. If I didn't chop the 6 off of the 3-6 leave in the 10th frame of the first game, that game would've been clean, too...D'OH!

:joy:

Archived