Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We broke 1K in this thread. PARTY!

Awful, awful commute home from work last night. Took almost 2 hours (which, when you are leaving work after 11 PM is never a good thing.)

The weather is indeed nice... but I will not be able to get out and enjoy and take advantage of it until this weekend at the earliest.

Thank you, work. Awesome.

Tell me 'bout it. :dozey:

4 day weekend comin' up, though. :D

Too bad I have to bust ass around the house almost every waking second of it... :(

Gotta get up early tomorrow to get my car to the dealership for a recall, and some other little things.

Then I have to get the cellar ready for the basement drain guys to come over and finish the system they started last year.

Hopefully, somewhere in the next couple of days I can find some "chill-out" time... but I'm not counting on it.

got plenty of sleep last night. went to bed at 4:15am, woke up like...11:30am. :)

SWG owns me now. doubtful that i'll be going bowling tonight.

o yeah one of my great uncles died. he had an infection in his foot, they were gonna amputate it and there was a complication with his heart so they didn't proceed with the amputation, and put him on a feeding tube. the feeding tube was irritating him so he just wanted to be taken off. he died on wednesday at around 2am. i didn't really know him so i don't feel sad or anything. my parents are going to the viewing tonight so i get the place to myself for the night. :)

My hours got changed around so i'm working 7pm-11pm tomorrow...i volunteered for it, this way when i need something nobody has the right to bitch about me.

I am without car at the moment. Feels weird.

I cannot easily run out to grab something quickly if I need to. I feel a bit trapped.

On the other hand, it's a perfect excuse to just hang close to home, and get a few things done.

I rode my bike to work everyday this week except for today because it was going to rain and I needed to get groceries, and booze.

Of course it is barely over a mile to my job from where i live. Yea folks, hard life, I live on a lake where I can see the setting sun and it is a short bike ride to work, the nearest grocery store, "quicky mart" store, 4 fast food places, and 4 restaurants.

Too bad the girls were not so easy

been playing SWG all day...i gotta take a break and get some fresh air. at least i got more stuff on mustafar done, and helped out a guild buddy...if not going bowling tonight (which i kinda doubt, as it seems my friends always are getting sick and or tired) i'm hoping to be able to finish some more quests. I was about to finish Fragments of the Past III for my defensive crystal shard buff, but need to wait the lockout timer for the instance!!!

edit: 15,000+ posts?!

Just got a call from the dealership service guy: my wheel bearings are shot. Yikes. I had a feeling it was going to be something like that. It's been riding and steering rough since winter.

They have to order the parts. From Germany, apparently.

Not. Going. To. Be. Cheap.

At all...

This whole trip will probably run me over a grand. Ouch.

Oh well... it's got to get done. And this will be the first really major expense I've actually had in the life of this car.

However: Bye bye HDTV and new compy... :(

think i just made a new track record. must be the coffee from dennys.

did HORRRRRRRRRRRRRIBLE BOWLING TONIGHT. didn't even break 90. stupid lane!!!!

we went to dennys and learned that our usual waitress no longer works there. we were sad. :(

came home....got back on SWG, got my ent buff, killed a rebel medic on the way out of the cantina (mwahahhaa im so evil), headed to rori to get medic buffs from our medic in a buff house, then i travelled to mustafar to finish acquiring a crystal shard and get the fate of the galaxy quest unlocked and start that up. (obiwan's ghost gives you a quest, it's pretty interesting actually)

I killed a rebel jedi earlier (yesterday) it was funny cause i was in the middle of getting an entertainer buff (buffs increase health and stuff) and i am always flagged for PVP because that's how i roll...anyway this jedi attacks me, and I end up killing him...he sends me a message saying that SOE sucks, etc, etc, his heal didn't fire blah blah blah. i just ignore that crap anymore, but it is funny...wait til i have my inventory of food, drink, stims, etc and macro it so i can walk around SF and provoke an attack, then 1 press of a button all my stuff gets activated and i can unleash the wrath of the empire upon the rebellion!!!!

Hit 70 in World of Warcraft... thus I started raiding last night.

Was fun, until my COMPLETE LACK OF DPS killed the raid like 6 times. Granted, my play skill and preparedness helped, but my weapons still suck to the point when I turn up the heat... it's only goes from my normal warmth to a searing heat, rather than the Hell's Fire from the Deepest Pits hot.

I have some work to do...

My playlist while mowing the lawn:

Billy Idol - Dancing with Myself

Bob & Doug McKenzie - Take Off

J. Geils Band - Centerfold

Joey Scarbury - Theme from Greatest American Hero (Believe It or Not)

Loverboy - Working for the Weekend

Rick James - Super Freak (Part 1)

Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl

Stan Bush - Dare

Stan Bush - The Touch

Survivor - High on You

Survivor - I Can't Hold Back

Survivor - Rebel Son

The Buggles - Video Killed the Radio Star

Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny

I didn't think it was possible for one mp3 player to hold so much awesome simultaneously, but apparently it is.

Spent the morning/ afternoon working in my basement... cleaning and organizing in preparation for the friends I have coming over tomorrow to help me move all the big, heavy stuff I can't move alone.

Then went over one of those friend's place for a bar-b-que in the late afternoon/ evening. Ate meat. Watched "I Am Legend." Good times.

Still have a lot of prep work to finish up before they all come over. Looks like I'll be getting up early to tackle that stuff.

ow.

I kinda got beat up early sunday morning at a house party.........

if you can count some ******* walking up behind me and hitting me into a low brick wall then my friends throwing him out of the party..

as getting beat up.

drunk morons FTL.

Sorry, Zarg. :( People keep finding new ways to suck...

Busy day. Did a crap load of housework. Moved out a bunch of old furniture into the dumpster. Moved everything else in my basement away from the walls.

Still a lot to be done down there, however. Fortunately I still have a couple of weeks.

I need to get some big Rubbermaid-type containers for storage of a lot of stuff while they are jackhammering down there. And a bunch of tarps or plastic to cover everything else.

One of my bookcases fell completely apart while we were trying to slide it. I'll take a look at it later to see if it can be fixed... but most likely it will just need to be replaced.

Good excuse for a trip to IKEA. :D

Kind of a bit too tired for coming off of 4 days off in a row... but at least I feel like the time off was productive (if undoubtedly costly for me... :( )

Got to get up early again and get my car back to the service center to finish that work.

I'd play some XBox tonight... but that room is totally turned upside down... and I don't think I can even get at it at the moment.

I'm going to have to pull it out of there tomorrow and bring it back upstairs.

Archived