Home

The Cars in Halo

*Don*

Ok, so in Halo 2 we get a glimpse of how Earth might be in the year 2550.

One thing that I noticed was that the cars are still running on four wheels.

I would think that, in 500 years, if the govt can make major starships they should've been able to make cars float like they do in Star Wars.

I know that makers of Halo can't predict the future but I want to know your predictions.

In 500 years will cars still have wheels?

Also, will they still run on oil or electricity?

No, haven't we learned anything from the movies. I don’t want to end up like Seth Brundle or Al Hedison.

Teleportation technology is closer to our understanding than you might think. As well as Antimatter advancements, Wormholes and Mass Relay Tech (That was especially for ya, martin). ;)

But what if the door is closed ? ? :eekanime:

I can picture cars in the future, wheels are better for the terrain, unless ALL the Earth is paved by 500 years, and solar or electric energy would power them, cheap and clean.

Since when is electric energy , clean ?

You need a big coal spewing plants to generate it , you need nasty chemicals to keep it in Batterys ...

I say we use the best invention ever , FEET !!!

I mean the Stargate door, when you close it and somebody tries to go trough it, the person crossing dies.....

Wrong! That is a stargate. The rings are those teleport thingies that either come up from the ground or the cieling and teleport you places. Silly! :lol:

Rings01.gif

Flying cars: Until we can make a car that can float in place with no power, and the engine off, it won't happen. People in general are very bad about routine maintenance. The average driver runs 8-10k miles before they change the oil in their car. Then they wonder why they break down on the side of the road. Imagine some of these dimwits that are on the road that get in accidents getting into a fender bender 3000 feet up.

Archived