Home

[K1] Sleheyron Restoration

Sithspecter

The really BIG question for me is: Can we make a landing and departing scene? I am totally for giving Sleheyron a go. But it MUST look as professional as it can! A friend of mine is a composer, and though he knows nothing about KotOR I could ask him if he wants to do two (or three) new scores for us. I can promise nothing about if he'll do it or not, but that would also be a part of what MUST be added, as well as VO and all. Just some random thoughts. Tell me all what you think...

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe there was some CGI artist asking around here the other day. You could ask him.

While I'm a pretty inexperienced modder, I'd be happy to help with ANYTHING to do with the mod. Seriously, I'd take out the trash if you needed to.

Oh and a question: Are there any VOs for your party members and any other NPCs on the planet?

The really BIG question for me is: Can we make a landing and departing scene? I am totally for giving Sleheyron a go. But it MUST look as professional as it can!

I may be able to help there, once upon a time, when a planet called Arkania was being created by glovemaster, I created his landing and departing scenes, I've uploaded the landing scene for your enjoyment and judgment :p

It's a .bik file so you'll need RAD video tools to view it. (Saves hosting space :p)

Traveling To Arkania

And no using this without my permission, or I'll go all copyright on your *** :xp:

Wow. I'b being totally overwhelmed by helpers... But that's OK. I'll try to answer everone's questions.

@Kado Sunrider: Well, I haven't heard about the Skwalker Labs Restoration project, but I'm willing to put it up if they want to use it. Just remember, I created the area, and I would like a large position in the credits. Creating a big area insn't easy, you know.

@Dan Loto: No, I asked Q about they Sleheyron files, but he said they were crap and all scaled wrong. I might take a look at them for reference if Q were gracious enough to send them to me...

@Seamhainn: Well, looks like MZ might help us with the landing and departing, but I had definite thoughts of making a landing and departing movies, as well as a star map dream... As for music, I was thinking of using the Star Forge music, which was original Sleheyron music, but if you can come up with something new, that's aweswome! Oh, yeah! Looks like your on the team Seamhain! I gladly welcome you and Jebus.

@Loony636: Well, give me a brief description of your skills, and you're on! I'm accepting as much help as I can get, seeing as how I can't do much more that model and a bit of .2da editing... Welcome Loony!

@Seamhainn again: Since I've already started, Let's try to get just the first module done, with the planet on the galaxy map, fill it with NPC's, a merchant or two, so it looks great, and release it to the public. Just the first module, and we will release them as they go. Also, an Idea, we will make them compatible with all yours and Jebus' restoration mods. Maybe everyone's restoration mods.

@Master Zionosis: If you could do the landing and departure vids, that would be amazing! Also in mind: a star map dream?

Ok, now that I've answered everyone's questions, I get to say something!:lol:

Well, I was a little unsure about this project at first, but with all the feedback and helpers, I think we can get this done! This is not intended to be a full KotOR restoration, just Sleheyron. That's all. Maybe a few interplanetary sidequests, but not a full restoration. This is just the first BIG restoration that will probably go through.

Work on the city is coming along well, but remember, I need good, quality pics depiciting what Sleheyron is like. Also, any information will be helpful. It's kind of akward for me not knowing what the city I am moddelling is called... Well, I have to go back to modelling Sleheyon, but I'll post more pics later today maybe!

SS

I know nothing about a name of the (main) city of Sleheyron. I don't know if this link was mentioned somewhere before: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sleheyron

I know that Wookiepedia is of disputable accuracy but the few things which are in the write-up seem to be solid and offer maybe some useful background information.

If the landing is accomplished it must be decided what shall be done. Speaking of professionalism, it will be difficult to give the party new VOs (as I don't think the original voice actors are available - at least not without payment ;-) ).

One approach could be that the pc can only enter the planet alone. Like that the pc would only interact with new npc with until then inknown voices.

If I understood it right, DJ is proficient with voice recordings. It would be cool to see what we can accomplish in the first module. It would be maybe a good idea to collect some ideas and see what we want to do and what is doable. Two things should go in it in any case:

- smuggling,

- arena fights,

and maybe

- a rescue mission.

I know that that can't be packed into just one module. But it should be kept in mind.

In regards of music: the person in question will move in into a new office nearby next month. I'll give it a go during March in any case and keep you posted.

One approach could be that the pc can only enter the planet alone. Like that the pc would only interact with new npc with until then inknown voices.

If I understood it right, DJ is proficient with voice recordings.

I'm proud to say I am. Figured out the rest of the stuff about adding voices and such tonight ;)

:EDIT: I think those are 3D pictures, aka sketches.

@Master Zionosis: If you could do the landing and departure vids, that would be amazing! Also in mind: a star map dream?

A star Map dream I wouldn't say is possible, although it depends on what you want in it, PM me with details of what you want it to contain, and I'll let you know what I can do :)

Very well done! I did not know that such a thing is possibil. Great work!

Thanks! You can achieve pretty much anything with the right knowledge and tools :) (plus it took me a looong time to do those two particular sequences, it's mainly the music synchronization that takes the time, though I got pretty lucky with this one :p)

Here's some more screenshots from my modelling this morning. I guess we don't have to put a star map, but it could be interesting... oh well. Thanks for the pic, Edgeworth! It really helps me see what Sleheyron is like! If somebody comes up with a name for this city, I would be really happy, cause I can't really think of a name for it yet. I'll get to work on modelling some of this stuff right away!

SLEHEYRON04.jpg

sleheyron03.jpg

sleheyron02.jpg

Right now, I could use somebody who can modify, or create new textures. This is a big setback for me. I have to have textures so I can model. I'm using Korriban textures right now, but I'd like some better ones.

I looked up dialog.tlk with a "Sleheyron" reference: It seems that the plans to name the city was... "Sleheyron City" :-) (Entry 37614). Not the worst choice in my book...

I took a first glimps over what has to be done to add the planet to the map. Actually I think I can accomplish that, but a picture of Sleheyron is needed if the pc wants to read the detailed informations about the planet. Though as a filler we could canibalize an existing planet until we can create something better.

A note of caution though, ss, lets not get to excited, and don't lets put ourselves under pressure. Its done when its done (where did I read that line before?).

Right now, I could use somebody who can modify, or create new textures. This is a big setback for me. I have to have textures so I can model. I'm using Korriban textures right now, but I'd like some better ones.

There where a few left over textures, (I can't remember the names and I don't have K1 installed) but tk102 posted a few pictures which may be helpful:

A Background for Sleheyron. (I believe there are four)

Using a Sleheyron background on the Unknown world:

th_c61c2203.jpg

And finally some scattering in the dialog.tlk file:

37614: Sleheyron City

37638: Battle: Sleheyron City

37639: Battle: Sleheyron Gang

37642: Battle: Sleheyron Arena Battle (one of the models looks like an arena, perhaps something akin to what Stoffe created in her TSL Arena mod).

I found another picture of Sleheyron, on Ign.

bigknights5.jpg

That might be Korriban. Look here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Sleheyron someone else thought it was too.

SS I was referring to his concept art here: http://team-jawa.kotor2files.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=155

I also recommend reading David G.'s interview on it, even though you probably already have: http://swforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=275277&forum=89&highlight=

Possible modules could be:

Hanger

Main City Streets

Arena

Arena Viewing boxes (like in episode 2, might be kind of a stretch.)

Arena waiting room (Maybe you could combine it all into one big arena)

Hutt Palace

Hutt Estate

Cantina

Slave Quarters

Mines

Archived