Home

[WIP]Golden armor of bendak starkiller[K1]

LordRevan999

I'm glad to see that you're working on this again :)

Btw,RedRob41 gave me some logs to fit in armor I only did the chest and shoulder plate part cause I forgot the area where the other two logo's were to fit.Pics will be added later of the completed ones.

The Photoshop file I sent you should have had all the logos in the correct places (just line the file up by the marks in the corners). Plus they should have a white area underneath each of them, so that the logo has more contrast, and is easier to see all the details. Right now the yellow of the exploding star is too hard to see against the yellow of the chest plate or arm guard. The shade of white that I sent may be different though, than what you are using (so you will have to edit my white backgrounds to match the colour of yours).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I still think that there should be a white area behind the chest and fore-arm logos. Right now the areas are a little bit "cluttered", and the details of the logo gets lost in the yellow armour details. However, I do like how the shoulder looks with the logo overlapping the yellow part, and the white pointing down follows the shape of the star's point.

I thought to try those white parts too.So redrob41 enjoy and tell me of any mistakes.Btw,the white parts what type of filter and layer mask you made that it looks like the white in the original file you sent.

In the file I sent you, the white areas were done using the techniques I talked about in my tutorial. Basically, I copied the original area, desaturated it, used the healing brush tools to paint away the unwanted lines, then used the "overlay" blending mode (I might have also played with the levels a bit). That's how I was able to put the shadows onto a blank white layer (I might have merged them before I sent you the Photoshop file).

I think that the logo is much easier to see on the arms now, but you still should make a white area around the chest logo. You could make the white any shape that you like, as long as the logo stands out.

• 2 months later...

Not all Mandalorian armour needs to be symetrical. Some of the great re-skins I've seen have used both symetrical white areas, as well as asymetrical. The standard in-game ones are all identically patterned, and it makes them look like uniforms. The re-skins usually go for a unique look, as if it was customized by the guy wearing the armour. 90Sk made a blue armour with symetrical white areas. I think that Bendak should be unique (hence the logos I designed), but that doesn't mean that he needs to have perfectly balanced white paint.

LordRevan, if you want to do some more touch ups to it, go right ahead. I trust your artistic judgement. After all, I suggested that you try to make a unique Bendak because you did such a great job on your worn out Mando armours. If I had wanted to completely control his look, I could have easily done the whole skin myself, but I wanted to see your take on how he would look. I only helped out with the logos because I had a "eureka" :bluidea: moment when I designed them, and in order to see them properly, they need to be on a white background.

So, feel free to make this your mod, with some help from me.

Edit: BTW, I do like the choices you've made so far. The bright yellow contrasts nicely with the grey, and the grey undersuit still has highlights and shadows (quite often, modders will make that just straight black, and it loses all the detail). The darker brown under the arms, around the midsection, works well (I probably wouldn't have thought of it myself) as it contrasts with both the bright values of the armour and the dark value of the undersuit, yet still maintains an adjacent colour to the yellow. :thumbsup:

LordRevan, if you want to do some more touch ups to it, go right ahead. I trust your artistic judgement. After all, I suggested that you try to make a unique Bendak because you did such a great job on your worn out Mando armours. If I had wanted to completely control his look, I could have easily done the whole skin myself, but I wanted to see your take on how he would look. I only helped out with the logos because I had a "eureka" :bluidea: moment when I designed them, and in order to see them properly, they need to be on a white background.

So, feel free to make this your mod, with some help from me.

Wow,I can't believe you think of me like this.No one ever said anything like this to me:crybaby:.And trust me,your better on artistic judgments and reskinning then me,I have always wished to be a good reskinner and your tutorial was the one that made me improve myself.And,yes I will complete this mod with your help.

Edit: BTW, I do like the choices you've made so far. The bright yellow contrasts nicely with the grey, and the grey undersuit still has highlights and shadows (quite often, modders will make that just straight black, and it loses all the detail). The darker brown under the arms, around the midsection, works well (I probably wouldn't have thought of it myself) as it contrasts with both the bright values of the armour and the dark value of the undersuit, yet still maintains an adjacent colour to the yellow. :thumbsup:

Thanks:clap2:,once again I can't believe some really thinks my choices were right ones.

So here it is people,the white patch few of you wanted,remember I don't like the idea of having it in first place.But still just to show how with a white patch the armor looks, I have made two tries of white patch.Here are the pics.Choose if you like any one of the two below,but my vote is for none cause they don't look good and part of me says I did my best effort to make worse white patch:lol:.

whitepatchbendakcombined.jpg

Btw,I was just messing around like I usually do and I came up with these white color mando armors.As a fan of clones,I wished if I could see their predecessors in white armors too.Well I think my wish came true.Have a look.I made two and I would like to ask the people to tell me which one to work on.I am also thinking of adding this armor in bendak's mod or in a different one.

bendakwhite1.jpgbendakwhite2.jpg

Wow,I can't believe you think of me like this.No one ever said anything like this to me:crybaby:.

I hope those are tears of joy. There's always room for improvement, even for me. ;)

As for the white on the chest, I agree, it seems to be overpowering the gold. Have you thought about making the chest mostly gold with white only behind the logo. Cassus Fett is a good example of gold armour without any white at all (except his cape).

I don't see too much difference between the white armours, other than the amount of baremetal shine.

Well,redrob41 I have tried something to show you how I can't seem to make those white parts golden.But it has worked in some areas and it also has given worse effects like on the chest.Btw,I have used the golden texture without logos to show how it looks.Also,if you have suggestions how to fix the blur and bad pattern please tell me.

withoutwhite3.jpgwithoutwhite1.jpgwithoutwhite4.jpg

withoutwhite2.jpg

Well,redrob41 I have tried something to show you how I can't seem to make those white parts golden.But it has worked in some areas and it also has given worse effects like on the chest.Btw,I have used the golden texture without logos to show how it looks.Also,if you have suggestions how to fix the blur and bad pattern please tell me.

Well, I think that Bendak looks pretty good with the white on his arms, legs, and shoulders, so, it's really just the chest that could use a bit more gold. Still, doing the whole suit makes for good practice.

Don't forget to try the Add Noise Filter to make things less blurry (usually set to 1 to 3 % should do it).

I would use a lot layers with various effects to make the white areas into yellow, and still look textured. I'll e-mail you a small sample of what I'd do, since I don't have the time for a proper tutorial.

Btw, I have used the golden texture without logos to show how it looks. Also,if you have suggestions how to fix the blur and bad pattern please tell me.

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

Follow RedRob's advice is a good idea to remove the blur. Also, I'm liking what you did with the chest plate that appears behind the actual chest plate (actual is gold, while the one I'm talking about is more orange then gold). If you plan on keeping that, may I suggest making the rest of his behind chest armor (the parts that appear to be purplish above the belt and before the shoulders) like what you did behind the actual armor.

(if you didn't get that, make the purple-ish parts of Bendak's armor like the orange-ish color behind the chest plate. IMO, it would make the armor look a little more complete.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived