Home

[WIP]Golden armor of bendak starkiller[K1]

LordRevan999

OK,time to start over this one.This mod is actually made on request of redrob41.I did work on it and then left it for sometime and now I think I should start working on it again this time with a thread.Here are some pics

bendakiv6.jpg

bendak1ne5.jpg

bendak2nc5.jpg

From above picture don't take it as bendak can wear it in cantina.Although he wears this armor in the duel ring but I can't find a utc file which can make me change his appearance to the golden one.I use to only change the texture name to N_mandlorian03 for quickly seeing it in game.So if any one can tell me the utc file which is able to change things of bendak while he is in arena will be very help full.Also I am going to soon work on some additional dialogs.

Edit:You will also get this armor from the hutt in cantina after killing bendak or you can always use the cheat:lol:.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SS,I have already made a new appearance type because bendak uses the appearance of Alien_Mandlorian_03 and I made a new one Alien_Mandlorian_99.I found only one utc file "tar02_bendak021.utc" due to which bendak is able to wear the golden armor in the duel ring.But the above .utc file don't allow me to make him wear this armor in the cantina.I mean in cantina he wears his original armor while in duel ring he wears the golden armor.I need to find a utc file which can make me change his appearance in cantina.

SS,I have already made a new appearance type because bendak uses the appearance of Alien_Mandlorian_03 and I made a new one Alien_Mandlorian_99.I found only one utc file "tar02_bendak021.utc" due to which bendak is able to wear the golden armor in the duel ring.But the above .utc file don't allow me to make him wear this armor in the cantina.I mean in cantina he wears his original armor while in duel ring he wears the golden armor.I need to find a utc file which can make me change his appearance in cantina.

I'm pretty sure Alien_Mandalorian_99 is being used in Silveredge's BoS appearance.2da.

One way to find the .utc would be to find the dialog file, then figure out which .utc it is. Also, it might be just in the templates.bif. I remember that Bendak doesn't show up until after you watch the duel screen, I think.

And SS,how do I find a utc by just viewing dialogs.

EDIT:OK,here are an updated armor images.

bendaknew3eh3.jpg

bendaknew2iv0.jpg

bendaknew1fs5.jpg

SS I am waiting for an answer from you or any one else about the above question

Looking good LR999! Now he looks like someone who's gotten rich off of his death match winnings.

I still think that he needs some kind of crest or logo on the white shoulder plate. Maybe some kind of exploding star (his name is Starkiller after all). I'll try and whip up a sample or two later tonight if you like.

Maybe you could also make it a wearable armour that is given to you by Ajuur the Hutt after killing Bendak in the deul arena?

RedRob41,thanks and I have already altered dialogs and in the above pictures you can see two men wearing the golden armor one is you and one is bendak.Yes,you will be getting it from Ajuur the Hutt.

Oh! I forgot to ask RedRob41 you were the person who told me about bendaks utc file

"tar02_bendak021.utc".It only makes bendak wear the golden armor in the arena is there any utc file which I can use for changing his armor in the cantina.

And about the logo if you can find one please tell me cause I need some logo fit for a starkiller.Hope you like this mod when its completed.

Oh! I forgot to ask RedRob41 you were the person who told me about bendaks utc file

"tar02_bendak021.utc".It only makes bendak wear the golden armor in the arena is there any utc file which I can use for changing his armor in the cantina.

Yeah, that's the only one I can think of. When I get home from work I'll take a look and see if there is another one (I'm on my lunch break :burg1: ).

As for the logo, I was thinking of combining the Mandalorian Crusader logo (stylized serpent) that I saw on Star Wars wiki with some kind of star burst in the center. Basically, the Crusaders were around at the time of KotOR, before becoming Neo-Crusaders (and Canderous was a member). The Neo-Crusaders also have a logo.

Well, I'm home now, and here are a couple of ideas for a Starkiller crest:

bendaklogobwnu0.th.jpg bendaklogocolorpv8.th.jpg bendaklogocolormirroreded2.th.jpg

I'm not sure where you will put it on the armour. At first I thought that the left shoulder plate would be good, but after taking a look at the tga, I think that it would be a mirror image. Maybe on the chest plate (like Boba Fett)? I added a third image that could be used on the shoulder and it will mirror fine (just pick the left or right side).

As for the utc file, I can't find any others for Bendak. In the dialog for "tar02_duelann022.dlg" there is a script that runs called "k_ptar_spbendak.ncs" and it spawns Bendak in the Cantina. That script only shows the "tar02_bendak021.utc".

Anyway, I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Very nice logos, and i like the golden armor, but you should consider to put more than only 1 logo on his armor, after all i didnt get the impression that mandalorians have "clean" armors BobaFett has several marks on hi armor.

Mby put a logo on the shoulders and a different logo onto the chestplate?

RedRob41,I like the logo's but the only problem I am getting is I am not able to select only the logo part,the whole image comes with white part so can you tell me how to select only the logo and not the white part I tried using select tools but they fail too.

Do you use Photoshop? If you do, I will e-mail you (I've still got your address) a .psd file with the logo on one layer, and the white background on another. That way you can bring in just the good parts, and not lose the little glow around the star. Will you use all three, or just the color ones? Let me know if there are any changes you'd like me to make. I'll get home from work around 6:00 pm my time (I think we're 12hour time difference) and take care of it then.

sayoko, do you (or anyone else) have any suggestions for an extra logo? The only other thing I can think of would be to add some kind of number notches indicating how many death matches he has won (but I don't know how many that would be). There's also the Neo-Crusader icon I mentioned earlier, since he wears Neo-Crusader armour.

RedRob41,I use photoshop and mostly I get impatient on somethings while using it.So all I needed was some patience and time and I did that and have used the images while I would still like to have your .psd file.And by the way we need some other good logos too and we also need to think where to place logos to make the armor look good.In my opinion I will make a .tga without logos and a .tga with logos to give people choice to choose from it.And I did some tries see where logos can be place you might need to see the images.

logotryfz4.jpg

logotry1eq4.jpg

logotry2pa4.jpg

And SS,how do I find a utc by just viewing dialogs.

SS I am waiting for an answer from you or any one else about the above question

What I mean is find the utc that uses the dialog. The .utc file has the dialog name in it. But this involves a lot of searching. I'll try to find it for you if you haven't found it already.

RedRob41,I use photoshop and mostly I get impatient on somethings while using it.So all I needed was some patience and time and I did that and have used the images while I would still like to have your .psd file.And by the way we need some other good logos too and we also need to think where to place logos to make the armor look good.In my opinion I will make a .tga without logos and a .tga with logos to give people choice to choose from it.And I did some tries see where logos can be place you might need to see the images.

I e-mailed you the psd files, so I hope they help you out. As for where to put them, I think that on Bendak's right side pectoral plate is a good spot (like in the last picture), but maybe it should be a little bit smaller so that it fits completely on that plate (right now it seems too big). You might need to remove those two tiny rectangles on the armour though.

I like the red color you used in the second pic. It jumps out off of the yellow, which suits the explosion theme. As for the one on the arm, it looks good there. I originally thought it should go on the left shoulder plate where that big white area is, but I'm surprised at how well it fits on the fore arm. Maybe for the shoulder you could use the existing Neo-Crusader logo that I posted about earlier?

Keep it up, it's gonna look great!

I just had an idea... extend the streaky part all the way around the edge of the forearm gauntlet, and put the exploding star in the centre on a white background. Here's a quick sketch:

logosketch1sw0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hmm,I like the idea,I might think of working on it.Btw,I have started working on this mod again.E-Varmint has made some dialogs for bendak which tell us where he got the armor from and RedRob41 corrected some things in it.I am searching for a Voice over actor who would VO bendak's all dialogs including the new ones too.I am although figuring out some things I have forgotten of reskinning bendak and I am looking on all my saved skins to see what I did.Long story short I need a color effect for which I used many modes again and again but I have forgotten how to do it again.Btw,RedRob41 gave me some logs to fit in armor I only did the chest and shoulder plate part cause I forgot the area where the other two logo's were to fit.Pics will be added later of the completed ones.

EDIT:

Here are the pics:

1.jpg2-1.jpg

Archived