Home

Yavin IV Planet Mod

I'm having a problem at the blue doors, door 1 is staying locked (I originally installed with the TSL patcher update).

I have the data pad, read the computer screen and tried killing and not killing the wraiths. Door 1 is still locked, any advice.

Oh yeah I get to door one using this door sequence 5-6-3.

don't know if it makes a difference but door 4 also stays locked but I enter that room through door 2 if I want.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just tried to install the patcher version of this mod and got the following errors that i'm worried about.

• Installation started 04.09.2008 16:17:09...

• Warning: A file named w_lghtsbr_099.mdl already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

• Warning: A file named w_lghtsbr_099.mdx already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

• Warning: A file named nwscript.nss already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

• Warning: A file named ia_class9_013.tga already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

• Warning: A file named ia_class9_014.tga already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

• Warning: A file named iw_lghtsbr_099.tga already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

• Warning: A file named PFBH13.tga already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

• Warning: A file named PFBH14.tga already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

• Warning: A file named PMBH13.tga already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

• Warning: A file named PMBH14.tga already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

• Warning: A file named g_a_class9012.uti already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

• Warning: A file named g_a_class9013.uti already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

• Warning: A file named g_a_class9014.uti already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

• Warning: A file named g_a_mstrrobe06.uti already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

• Warning: A file named g_a_mstrrobe07.uti already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

• Done. Changes have been applied, but 15 warnings were encountered.

Should i be worried?

All those files need to be in the Override to get the full experience. The only file that really 'needs' to be in there is nwscript.nss. But, without the other files you may be reading/seeing funny things when you loot one of the items.

I'm having a problem at the blue doors, door 1 is staying locked (I originally installed with the TSL patcher update).

I have the data pad, read the computer screen and tried killing and not killing the wraiths. Door 1 is still locked, any advice.

Oh yeah I get to door one using this door sequence 5-6-3.

don't know if it makes a difference but door 4 also stays locked but I enter that room through door 2 if I want.

Well, this is probably the most unaided part of the mod. No where in the mod does it give any indication as to what the combination is. If I make an updated version, I will add content to give the combination.

But just to help you here's the order:

Open door 5, then open door 3, kill the spirits, then go back and open door 4, then door 1 will be open.

~MZ

P.S. Sorry about the delay in response.

Make sure that you drop "something brown", that you got from the terentatek remains, out of your inventory. I was having problems with the door too, until i guessed that was it. i wondered what the purpose of it was, kinda sneaky if ya ask me, Master Z ;)

• 1 month later...

OK, lots of fun with this mod.....I made it to the top platform, and when I run out on the platform the game crashes. I've tried to reduce the graphics to minimum, dump all my items out of inventory and it still crashes. Any advice?

thanks.

Edit: Also stuck in Mandalorian base....the command level door is locked and I can't figure out how to open it. It must be a trigger I missed or something? I've been everywhere else, except finished the Sith base at the platform (see previous post). The computer terminal between the cells and the command level door doesn't do anything when I click on it. Is that where my problem is?

Don't know if it makes a difference, but I didn't fight any wraiths or whatever they are at the numbered doors area in the Sith base. I got the doors open, went down the hall, got stuff and came back through with nothing happening. Did I miss something there?

• 2 weeks later...

Have a question.

After defeating exar kun and he says it is unfinished I run down and go to another tomb and kill spirts there. I then run to the chamber of secrets as MZ said do in a previous post. He said click on the one of the 2 statues. I dont see any =( anyhelp?

• 1 month later...

So, I've played through most of the mod, and had some comments.

First off, very nicely done. It's very pretty, and obviously took a lot of work. I particularly like the dueling Jedi in the Fortress, and the use of a swoop - it always annoyed me how many of them were sitting around that I couldn't touch. ;)

There are some things I'd change, were it my mod, and I figured it couldn't hurt to list 'em off:

(Spoilers for the mod if you haven't played it)

1. In a couple of the dialogues (Mandalorians, Transdoshians) it didn't really matter what you said, it was going to end in combat. I can understand that, but it's a bit frustrating to go through a tree of choices, and end up with "Eh, I don't care, I'm attacking." I wouldn't want to avoid the fights, but at least something that changed, depending on your choices.

2. Overall, the dialogue choices tend to be fairly aggressive. Even the nicer choices are still fairly abrupt and sometimes demeaning (for instance, the conversation with Suvam after you reach the fort - you can either be a jerk and ignore him, or be a jerk and listen to him, but you can't not be a jerk). That's a bit jarring if you're playing through as a light-side character.

3. This is fairly common, and you're far from the only person to do it, but it seems like the level of loot in a few places is exponentially out of place. Take the Iridorian base - Most of the time, it's very balanced -vibroswords, med packs, etc - things you'd find in a soldier's locker. But then you'll find a locker full of extremely advanced items, far better than anything you'll find in the game. Level 1 implants that grant +4 stats, and a lot of bonuses. Implants that give all the prof feats in the game. Armor that makes the Star Forge robes look silly. Crystals that out pace anything else you've found. Things like that, to me, aren't fun - I actually left all those items in the lockers, because I don't want to uber-power myself. If I wanted to do that, I'd just use a save editor and give myself huge stats and items.

The story itself is pretty well done, and that's why I want a mod - not for loot, but for more content!

4. Nitpicky: The Iridorian base felt a bit too big. I know it's a premade map, but every single room was "open door, fight 1-2 bots, loot 4 lockers." Since I'm a completionist, I had to open every door, fight every bot, but I knew it wasn't really going to be different. Perhaps more bots in less rooms, and a few less lockers? I'd also like to see a few more consoles, perhaps, with some story on them, to make it feel less like a dungeon crawl.

Overall, it's well done, and far better than a lot of mods I've seen. I have several mods that I just played a bit, removed, and never cared about again. This one made me go "this was really good - I should try to give suggestions."

Heck, I even registered just so I could do it.

Hi first off I like this mod it is clear that a lot of time went into creating it. Secondly I have a problem as I have used the TSL patcher version and there were no error warnings when it was installed, however, I find that the game would crash on me, firstly it was if I tried to do things out of order for example, going to the catacooms before going to see Admiral Dodonna at the Yavin fort would result in a crash but if I went to the fort first the catacooms would load correctly.

Next was the prison where the soldiers are kept I could unlock the door using security but then as soon as I tried to walk into the room the game would crash and lastly when I go to the top and start fighting with trask the game also suddenly crashes mid battle.

Does anybody know what causes this or is it a unique problem.

So, I've played through most of the mod, and had some comments.

First off, very nicely done. It's very pretty, and obviously took a lot of work. I particularly like the dueling Jedi in the Fortress, and the use of a swoop - it always annoyed me how many of them were sitting around that I couldn't touch. ;)

There are some things I'd change, were it my mod, and I figured it couldn't hurt to list 'em off:

(Spoilers for the mod if you haven't played it)

1. In a couple of the dialogues (Mandalorians, Transdoshians) it didn't really matter what you said, it was going to end in combat. I can understand that, but it's a bit frustrating to go through a tree of choices, and end up with "Eh, I don't care, I'm attacking." I wouldn't want to avoid the fights, but at least something that changed, depending on your choices.

2. Overall, the dialogue choices tend to be fairly aggressive. Even the nicer choices are still fairly abrupt and sometimes demeaning (for instance, the conversation with Suvam after you reach the fort - you can either be a jerk and ignore him, or be a jerk and listen to him, but you can't not be a jerk). That's a bit jarring if you're playing through as a light-side character.

3. This is fairly common, and you're far from the only person to do it, but it seems like the level of loot in a few places is exponentially out of place. Take the Iridorian base - Most of the time, it's very balanced -vibroswords, med packs, etc - things you'd find in a soldier's locker. But then you'll find a locker full of extremely advanced items, far better than anything you'll find in the game. Level 1 implants that grant +4 stats, and a lot of bonuses. Implants that give all the prof feats in the game. Armor that makes the Star Forge robes look silly. Crystals that out pace anything else you've found. Things like that, to me, aren't fun - I actually left all those items in the lockers, because I don't want to uber-power myself. If I wanted to do that, I'd just use a save editor and give myself huge stats and items.

The story itself is pretty well done, and that's why I want a mod - not for loot, but for more content!

4. Nitpicky: The Iridorian base felt a bit too big. I know it's a premade map, but every single room was "open door, fight 1-2 bots, loot 4 lockers." Since I'm a completionist, I had to open every door, fight every bot, but I knew it wasn't really going to be different. Perhaps more bots in less rooms, and a few less lockers? I'd also like to see a few more consoles, perhaps, with some story on them, to make it feel less like a dungeon crawl.

Overall, it's well done, and far better than a lot of mods I've seen. I have several mods that I just played a bit, removed, and never cared about again. This one made me go "this was really good - I should try to give suggestions."

Heck, I even registered just so I could do it.

Thanks for all your comments on the mod. I of course didn't create the mod, only re-built it after ÐeceptiKain translated the scripts, if I had any right to alter the base of the mod, (which I personally, don't think I have) I would have gone more in depth, to make the mod extremely interesting. I actually decided to translate the mod a long, long time ago, it was somewhere back in 2006. But translating software didn't quite do the job, so I put it off.

Thanks again for your comments :D.

Hi first off I like this mod it is clear that a lot of time went into creating it. Secondly I have a problem as I have used the TSL patcher version and there were no error warnings when it was installed, however, I find that the game would crash on me, firstly it was if I tried to do things out of order for example, going to the catacooms before going to see Admiral Dodonna at the Yavin fort would result in a crash but if I went to the fort first the catacooms would load correctly.

Next was the prison where the soldiers are kept I could unlock the door using security but then as soon as I tried to walk into the room the game would crash and lastly when I go to the top and start fighting with trask the game also suddenly crashes mid battle.

Does anybody know what causes this or is it a unique problem.

Well, no one has ever told me of so many crashes. I would definitely have to say it's a conflict with another mod. You say there were no errors while installing, but it is of course possible for conflicts to occur. The best thing I can suggest (knowing as much info as I do on your end) is to remove all but the Yavin mod until your have cleared the planet. If the problem still persists after that, well, it has to relate to something else... Maybe graphical.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

i installed it started a new game and the minute i get launched in the escape pod it puts me in like the ebon hawk(portside i think) with a cutscene thingy to clik on but nothing happens, but you go to the map its looks like its suppose to be the map you put in there for yavin four what do you think could be causing this conflict.

i installed it started a new game and the minute i get launched in the escape pod it puts me in like the ebon hawk(portside i think) with a cutscene thingy to clik on but nothing happens, but you go to the map its looks like its suppose to be the map you put in there for yavin four what do you think could be causing this conflict.

Again, most likely a conflict with another mod, my only solution would be to try the mod with only Yavin installed, because I know the mod is playable on it's own.

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic mod MZ!!! Thanks for the ease of the TSL patcher EGJason.:D

Everything worked the first time I played through even using a saved game with many other mods. When I installed I did get, like, 21 warnings or something. The only thing that happened was a few custom items from other mods changed appearance, mostly armor that I've noticed.

Quick question if I may, I've just installed another mod and when I overwrote the appearance.2da file, it shrunk by a few kb. When I checked out Yavin 4 after installing, everything looked just fine. Should I be worried about starting new games in the future? Should I delete the Override folder and install everything with your mod last on list, since it has the biggest changes?

Thanks again for the wonderful mod and thank you for your help.:shades2:

Fantastic mod MZ!!! Thanks for the ease of the TSL patcher EGJason.:D

Everything worked the first time I played through even using a saved game with many other mods. When I installed I did get, like, 21 warnings or something. The only thing that happened was a few custom items from other mods changed appearance, mostly armor that I've noticed.

Quick question if I may, I've just installed another mod and when I overwrote the appearance.2da file, it shrunk by a few kb. When I checked out Yavin 4 after installing, everything looked just fine. Should I be worried about starting new games in the future? Should I delete the Override folder and install everything with your mod last on list, since it has the biggest changes?

Thanks again for the wonderful mod and thank you for your help.:shades2:

I would suggest putting Yavin in first, and then installing any new mods, this way when installing something new there's less work to do to make them compatible.

Thank you very much MZ. I'll do that:D After playing with that new mod installed, now I can't modify any of the new sabers from your mod, and when I try they disappear. Lol. Time to dump the Override folder and start again.:xp:

Thanks again for your help and the wonderful mod.

• 1 month later...
Also stuck in Mandalorian base....the command level door is locked and I can't figure out how to open it. It must be a trigger I missed or something? I've been everywhere else, except finished the Sith base at the platform (see previous post). The computer terminal between the cells and the command level door doesn't do anything when I click on it. Is that where my problem is?

I'm having the same problem. locked door, computer console doesn't do anything when I click it

• 1 month later...
Make sure that you drop "something brown", that you got from the terentatek remains, out of your inventory. I was having problems with the door too, until i guessed that was it. i wondered what the purpose of it was, kinda sneaky if ya ask me, Master Z ;)

So, wait....all I had to do to open door 5 [the first door] is to ditch the "brown thing"!?!?

*bashed head repeatedly against desk*

-_____-' I spent 3 HOURS trying to open that first damn door.....

Do you specifically have to drop it somwhere, or can you just toss it anywhere??

P.S. Great mod, by the way.

• 4 weeks later...

I felt compelled to give some feedback, having just run through the mod for the first time. My commments would be fairly similar in a detailed examination to some already given above, so I'll just skip to the conclusion.

Definitely need to mod this mod. Target audience is the "uber power" group (each to their own, just not my group).

Dialogue needs revision, need someone older to rewrite it.

The whole mod needs to be dramatically cut to keep its Yavin IV theme. This mod is the thinly veiled inclusion of a whole new planet/sidequest using the existing nav chart. Two problems with this are continuity (ie. none) and player choice (ie. none). Once taking this sidequest the player is locked into an uber quest for mighty items that makes no sense in any of its details. The conception is good, it was just entirely overdone in screenwriting terms and has no connection with any of the game, though it undoubtedly affects it dramatically.

The mod begins very well, aside from needing the dialogue revision, although all captured equipment needs to be cut by 3/4 to still be a very powerful and exciting addition to player stores (without upsetting a balanced story). The first encounter need not have a repetition of the same powerful items for every dead body, a simple medpack and a grenade would do for most, a nice gun here, one suit of armour there.

The fleeing rodian is good, but mod developers/repackagers need to keep sharply in mind all progression of a module once player choice about being there and embarking sidequests has been removed. Players do not like this typically, it ruins both suspension of disbelief and overall sense of commanding the PC destiny. Forcing player choices, whether to remain on planet or towards the outcome of dialogue must be used very sparingly and for very specific purposes, or the game experience is immediately ruined. Players like to know why their PC is having outcomes forced upon them, so they can understand why their personal choices cannot be reflected by PC choices.

This is not too much of an issue at the start, since the game itself uses this technique frequently, but here a bit of psychology is involved by professional screenwriters and game developers, to distract the player and entice them with other kinds of choices. A romance with Bastila, some humour with Carth, an intriguing story unfolding, a Sith threat tied directly to the primary quest. The game itself uses the enlistment of sidequests to also provide a situation of taking a dollar note and giving back a dollar in change. The good thing about KotOR I is you very rarely feel like you don't have choices.

Like I said, not too much of an issue with this mod at the beginning, because the reason you've been trapped into a sidequest becomes clear soon enough. You discover at the Iridonian base your sidequest is to find your way safely to a transport kept within the base.

This is where the mod should end. Up to here it's fine, aside from that dialogue revision issue and the uber weapons caches behind every tree stump and under every bunk and body. Only one footlocker needs to even be accessible per room, the rest can be just visual props. Only one in three of those needs to have any usable weapons or armour, a simple medpack and stim will do for the rest (but don't be repetitious).

There needs to be a little more serious thought into what level of equipment is to be readily found as well. What's the point of killing bosses when better-than-boss-amour can be found down the hall by carving up some security droids you don't even have to buff to fight? And the special equipment, again far too readily found and entirely too numerous, is ridiculously overpowered. Level 1 items should give one point in one ability or 3pts in one skill maximum, or a basic ability. You shouldn't find anything more serious than a level 1 item unless you killed an underboss or boss and these should involve a lot of work up.

So say this was fixed, since there's no bosses or underbosses in the Iridonian base, no powerful items other than quest items should be there (ie. just one of those nice new enviro-armours delivered back at the landing site is very generous for the most powerful item found in this entire sidequest). Also the dialogue revised by a mature english speaking writer, including the consol dialogue in the base (and for Godsake man, tedium is where you plaster 35 computer spikes in every nook and cranny and then ask for 33 of them to get off the base, why not find 9 or 10 and require 5-9 depending on skill).

Then assuming that is done, the speeder should take you to some kind of shuttle for return to the Yavin Station where you can have a short dialogue with what's-his-face about running like a girl and get back to your mission (for which a voice over would be easy as pie).

The main benefit of this mod is some interesting Yavin IV ground area in the "dark canyon" which suffices beautifully for the entire theme. It has some ruins, you have to run around a base to get back to the Station again, you come back with a nice new battle suit for Carth or whoever, a few more credits and a medpack or two, all is good news.

But this recoloured Dantooine you find yourself still stuck with, Jedi Masters, poorly conceived subplots totally unrelated to anything at all, choices that aren't really choices and the only choices you have requiring full out of character dialogue options. Picture a Jedi Lightsider, the little Yoda dude and another Jedi Master are asking them to perform a task, and you can tell them to go jump off a cliff and your quest is more important than their requests, or get stuck further into the uber power mod.

Great start, nice potential, poorly detailed and terribly finished. I quit after the recoloured Dantooine academy bit. I was already another two levels up by then and becoming concerned how this was going to affect game continuity since it is designed for the PC to make 19-20th in the final Malak confrontation, rather than 2/3 the way through the game.

In conclusion, the choice made in terms of editing is whether this is an uber power mod, or a game mod. Whether it is based on someone else's work being re-released in another language or whatever, the editing responsibility still can't be palmed off. Get their permission, redo the mod. Cut the bejesus out of it. That's my vote.

• 3 weeks later...
I felt compelled to give some feedback, having just run through the mod for the first time. My commments would be fairly similar in a detailed examination to some already given above, so I'll just skip to the conclusion.

Definitely need to mod this mod. Target audience is the "uber power" group (each to their own, just not my group).

Dialogue needs revision, need someone older to rewrite it.

The whole mod needs to be dramatically cut to keep its Yavin IV theme. This mod is the thinly veiled inclusion of a whole new planet/sidequest using the existing nav chart. Two problems with this are continuity (ie. none) and player choice (ie. none). Once taking this sidequest the player is locked into an uber quest for mighty items that makes no sense in any of its details. The conception is good, it was just entirely overdone in screenwriting terms and has no connection with any of the game, though it undoubtedly affects it dramatically.

The mod begins very well, aside from needing the dialogue revision, although all captured equipment needs to be cut by 3/4 to still be a very powerful and exciting addition to player stores (without upsetting a balanced story). The first encounter need not have a repetition of the same powerful items for every dead body, a simple medpack and a grenade would do for most, a nice gun here, one suit of armour there.

The fleeing rodian is good, but mod developers/repackagers need to keep sharply in mind all progression of a module once player choice about being there and embarking sidequests has been removed. Players do not like this typically, it ruins both suspension of disbelief and overall sense of commanding the PC destiny. Forcing player choices, whether to remain on planet or towards the outcome of dialogue must be used very sparingly and for very specific purposes, or the game experience is immediately ruined. Players like to know why their PC is having outcomes forced upon them, so they can understand why their personal choices cannot be reflected by PC choices.

This is not too much of an issue at the start, since the game itself uses this technique frequently, but here a bit of psychology is involved by professional screenwriters and game developers, to distract the player and entice them with other kinds of choices. A romance with Bastila, some humour with Carth, an intriguing story unfolding, a Sith threat tied directly to the primary quest. The game itself uses the enlistment of sidequests to also provide a situation of taking a dollar note and giving back a dollar in change. The good thing about KotOR I is you very rarely feel like you don't have choices.

Like I said, not too much of an issue with this mod at the beginning, because the reason you've been trapped into a sidequest becomes clear soon enough. You discover at the Iridonian base your sidequest is to find your way safely to a transport kept within the base.

This is where the mod should end. Up to here it's fine, aside from that dialogue revision issue and the uber weapons caches behind every tree stump and under every bunk and body. Only one footlocker needs to even be accessible per room, the rest can be just visual props. Only one in three of those needs to have any usable weapons or armour, a simple medpack and stim will do for the rest (but don't be repetitious).

There needs to be a little more serious thought into what level of equipment is to be readily found as well. What's the point of killing bosses when better-than-boss-amour can be found down the hall by carving up some security droids you don't even have to buff to fight? And the special equipment, again far too readily found and entirely too numerous, is ridiculously overpowered. Level 1 items should give one point in one ability or 3pts in one skill maximum, or a basic ability. You shouldn't find anything more serious than a level 1 item unless you killed an underboss or boss and these should involve a lot of work up.

So say this was fixed, since there's no bosses or underbosses in the Iridonian base, no powerful items other than quest items should be there (ie. just one of those nice new enviro-armours delivered back at the landing site is very generous for the most powerful item found in this entire sidequest). Also the dialogue revised by a mature english speaking writer, including the consol dialogue in the base (and for Godsake man, tedium is where you plaster 35 computer spikes in every nook and cranny and then ask for 33 of them to get off the base, why not find 9 or 10 and require 5-9 depending on skill).

Then assuming that is done, the speeder should take you to some kind of shuttle for return to the Yavin Station where you can have a short dialogue with what's-his-face about running like a girl and get back to your mission (for which a voice over would be easy as pie).

The main benefit of this mod is some interesting Yavin IV ground area in the "dark canyon" which suffices beautifully for the entire theme. It has some ruins, you have to run around a base to get back to the Station again, you come back with a nice new battle suit for Carth or whoever, a few more credits and a medpack or two, all is good news.

But this recoloured Dantooine you find yourself still stuck with, Jedi Masters, poorly conceived subplots totally unrelated to anything at all, choices that aren't really choices and the only choices you have requiring full out of character dialogue options. Picture a Jedi Lightsider, the little Yoda dude and another Jedi Master are asking them to perform a task, and you can tell them to go jump off a cliff and your quest is more important than their requests, or get stuck further into the uber power mod.

Great start, nice potential, poorly detailed and terribly finished. I quit after the recoloured Dantooine academy bit. I was already another two levels up by then and becoming concerned how this was going to affect game continuity since it is designed for the PC to make 19-20th in the final Malak confrontation, rather than 2/3 the way through the game.

In conclusion, the choice made in terms of editing is whether this is an uber power mod, or a game mod. Whether it is based on someone else's work being re-released in another language or whatever, the editing responsibility still can't be palmed off. Get their permission, redo the mod. Cut the bejesus out of it. That's my vote.

Very informative, however, it is more of a post that should be directed to the original creators. My aim was only to allow people who don't understand Polish, the chance to play it and understand what was being said. I didn't, and still don't feel like I should be responsible for sprucing up the mod, if it was poorly done, then that's hardly my fault. People were pleased with mine and DK's efforts to bring the mod to everyone in English. So that was my goal achieved.

Also, regarding the dialog, age is not necessarily better. If the writing is poor then that just comes down to un-creativity. But if you're just referring to grammar, then I will point out that the mod was very time consuming and real life did constantly get in the way, for which I didn't have much time to work on the mod full stop, let alone sorting out the grammar.

You also may not of meant it this way, but you also came across quite ignorant, insinuating that *I* should be the one to spruce the mod up, just because I was the last person to have permission to edit the mod. Again, you may not have meant it that way, I appreciate good constructive criticism where necessary as much as the next person, but please make sure you put your point across in a nice around way.

Thanks for your input, regardless.

• 2 months later...

I Downloaded this mod long ago and i still dont get any fruther i cant walk trough the door in kun´s tomb that doesnt open( the one i spirits chamber) i already aquiered the crystal of darkness what am i doing wrong? please pm me

Archived