Home

Would you be okay with a K3 game with no fighting mechanic?

d20 is just so old and limited...

But that's off topic, so let go. :)

I'm not that familiar with all these systems, so I wouldn't know. I'm just saying that it works in KotOR. I've played a couple of games that use other systems for RPGs, such as a more action-based system like in Jade Empire and Fable, but I don't think that's what I would want for KotOR3.

I've played a couple of games that use other systems for RPGs, such as a more action-based system like in Jade Empire and Fable, but I don't think that's what I would want for KotOR3.

Nor do I. Especially not Fable's. But there are others that may jujst fit. Give the game a more challenging/fun/strategical feature. You can't do much on d20 except use and abuse of stim packs and shields. ;)

Ive only played , i think X, but it bored me to tears.

Wow, you're quite the blasphemer. Played one of the best FF games and got bored. Either that or you need a hug. :xp:

By the way, a static battle such as in FFX wouldn't fit very well on KotOR, I agree. But it's not that different, since both are turn-based. The difference rests on the fact that FFX's system got much more depht and strategy.

an updated version of the combat system in TSL would work.

That's d20. And it's the same as in K1.

Nor do I. Especially not Fable's. But there are others that may jujst fit. Give the game a more challenging/fun/strategical feature. You can't do much on d20 except use and abuse of stim packs and shields. ;)

Are there other combat systems than d20 out there that would fit? I'm all for more challenge/fun/whatever, but is there a combat system out there that does just that? I wouldn't know, I'm just asking, but from the RPGs I have played or have read about, not a lot have a combat system that's decent enough for K3, IMO.

^

Well, FFXII, for one. Try it and you'll see, or look for a video on the gameplay at youtube for more info.

My main complaint about d20 is that it's reall shallow. Suppose that you're facing a powerful enemy, much stronger than your party altogether. On d20, what else can you do aside of turning your melee shields on, apply your stim packs and heal yourself every turn with medpacks or Force Powers?

Either that, or you level up.

Hmm, didn't think of that. I haven't played an FF game before, but I do know about it's combat system. It could work, though I'm not sure how some things, like mines, grenades and the chance to run from your opponent could be done in this system.

Wow, you're quite the blasphemer. Played one of the best FF games and got bored. Either that or you need a hug. :xp:

It's just that the FFX system is just way too complex for noobs like me to figure out. I got to the part about gambits before I sent the game back to Gamefly.

Hmm, didn't think of that. I haven't played an FF game before, but I do know about it's combat system. It could work, though I'm not sure how some things, like mines, grenades and the chance to run from your opponent could be done in this system.

All that could be either cut or adapted for the sake of smooth gameplay. As you can see on this video:

XII system could manage all that without much trouble. You could place a mine whenever you want and get near a enemy to attract them (as you would on Kotor), using the "retreat" button, where your members actually just stop fighting and follow you. And seeing as the enemies don't pop out of nowhere, you can perfectly throw a grenade on them.

It's just that the FFX system is just way too complex for noobs like me to figure out. I got to the part about gambits before I sent the game back to Gamefly.

Gambits? Sorry man, but gambits are only for XII, not X. You've probably played XII. The tenth game is turn based.

What would also be interesting would be a stealth-based game, like Splinter Cell or MGS. Or maybe a shooter with an over the shoulder perspective, like in Splinter Cell.
*Inyri's head explodes in a gooey mess*

Why don't we just drop the 'RPG' angle completely while we're at it? :/

Personally, I prefer that it doesn't drop the fighting mechanic, because to me, there's not much fun in just walking and talking and sneaking in the entire game, I want fights, damnit! I myself prefer the heat and rush of combat, and although I wouldn't mind K3 becoming stealthy, it's the feeling of excitement and action in old-fashioned fights that pulls me to the game, instead of the tension, anxiety, and possible constipation that I get in stealth games, which I felt were a bit too slow and boring for me. :xp:

Archived