Home

Would you be okay with a K3 game with no fighting mechanic?

I've been thinking, seeing that undead hordes calling for K3 to be made by fans...

Would people be okay with a CYA (choose-your-own-adventure) KOTOR3 with no fighting mechanic whatsoever? Oh, sure, they'd be killing, but it would be this way:

"You have now fallen into my trap!" The evil Sith general laughed. "Sith Trooper Divison #666, attack!"

You fight and then kill Sith Trooper Division #666.

"Curses! I lose! I should have known that the Force was on your side!" The evil Sith general now begs for forgiveness. Will you grant it to him? Y/N?

It's more of an exploration of how essential combat is to K3. After all, RPGs are good for the story, not for the visual thrill of blasting stuff.

I can't really see it working - firstly because of the franchise name - 'Star Wars'

And, for most people, the whole thrill of Star Wars is geting to use a lightsaber, or the force etc.

It's an interesting idea, but I think it would be hard to get people interested.

No. Having no combat would not only be removing a very big part of it being a Knights of the Old Republic game, but it would remove quite a large part of the Star Wars feel as well.

Well said.

A star Wars game without combat is like playing (American :) )football without a ball. It's just not going to sell if they did it that way.

What u r askin wouuld not make it KOTOR. Nor star wars. It could make the game go short coz if u met the boss for first time eg. malak on leviathan i could be Do you want to kill me or let me live? If u pik kill i doubt the game would go on.

In conclusion, it would SuCk

In conclusion, it would SuCk

I believe most of us have already come to that conclusion. :D

Text games went out of style when DOS got phased out. I still play the Uncyclopedia-vesion of Zork for the comedy, and text games are a strained eyes lawsuit waiting to happen.

I would like to see a more of a FF style fighting. With your own combat screen and stuff. This idea I disagree with.

IMO, they should keep the combat system in KotOR and TSL. It's not that difficult to understand, it's easy to use, and it just works. I like it this way, this shouldn't change.

SS still trying to implement his pacifist vision of games, I see. Read any books recently?

And just to be more voice on the choir: Nope.

IMO, they should keep the combat system in KotOR and TSL. It's not that difficult to understand, it's easy to use, and it just works. I like it this way, this shouldn't change.

d20 is just so old and limited...

But that's off topic, so let go. :)

I would like to see a more of a FF style fighting. With your own combat screen and stuff. This idea I disagree with.

I'm not a big fan of the FF combat system, but an updated version of the combat system in TSL would work.

Yes! There a way to put it.

Yet I do have to admit. I would be even more delighted to have "MORE" combat added to KoTOR 3. It could use a more, free style of combat as well. Ill give a example. In Star Wars Bounty Hunter, you can go pretty much kill anyone in anyway you want. Rather you melt them with your flame thrower or you just shoot them to death with your westar's its still fun to be able to kill at will. I guess It wouldn't really fit into the whole "Decide which side to go to" thing. A Jedi wouldn't go kill a innocent bystander for no reason. Yet, a Sith definitely would :snipe1:

I personally wouldn't like a KotOR III with no fighting mechanic. I don't think that it would make a good star wars game. Maybe it could be utilized in a diplomatic star wars game were you talk a lot...:xp:

Archived