Home

name under user name..

^You're right! It is a cheap way to get your post count increased. If I remember correctly when the first forum games started to gain popularity, members started playing the games as a way to get posts. The Mods caught on quick about this "fad" and locked every ones post counts when playing the games. This prevented spammers.

• 1 year later...
1000 posts? I saw a guy with 620 or so and he had a custom title. Is 1000 posts correct or is it 100?

If someone with 620 posts has a custom title it's because they have done something extraordinary on the forums.

Also, sometimes custom titles are awarded as contest prizes.

_EW_

1000 posts? I saw a guy with 620 or so and he had a custom title. Is 1000 posts correct or is it 100?

Apparently, if you get a badge, you can make your own custom title.

Regular members can set a custom title in their profile settings after having made more than 1000 posts. I guess this is meant as some sort of reward for people who stick around and are active.

LFN site staff members, forum staff members and a handful of people who've made special contributions can also do so regardless of their post count.

Badges have nothing to do with this, they're separate things.

Badges have nothing to do with this, they're separate things.

Ah, ok. I just thought it was that way when I saw a couple of members (Star Admiral and Darth Parametric) who got their custom titles after they got their badges. Thanks for clearing it up. :)

Ah, ok. I just thought it was that way when I saw a couple of members (Star Admiral and Darth Parametric) who got their custom titles after they got their badges. Thanks for clearing it up. :)

They fall under the "special contributions" group (they're managing the tutorials section in the Holowan KOTOR modding forum).

Archived