Home

Staff Poll - Do you think LucasForums...

DarthRevan243

Staff Only Poll - Should LucasForums have a Chat Box?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Staff Only Poll - Should LucasForums have a Chat Box?

Chatboxes are very hard to maintain/moderate when you have the volume of users that go through LucasForums.

Also keep in mind that LucasForums serves all of LFNetwork, not simply SWK. The SWK staff can not decide what is added to LF on their own. Except the members of the SWK staff that are LF administrators, of course.

Also remember that if you're not using SWK... you're not using SWK. When there are few people around it does not seem appealing to use. When more people hang around, it will attract other users. If you want SWK's chatbox to be more active, hang around in it more often and get your friends to do so as well.

I think a chatbox is a distinctly bad idea, due to the above hassles Inyri pointed out, with regard to maintaining them. The mods aren't paid to do their job, and I think they get quite enough stick as is, without the ease with which abuse can be sent in a chatbox.

No, a chatbox is a bad idea for a site as orderly and traffic-filled as this one. It would be a temptation for spam, and it would be a lag-machine, what with so many people on it at a time. Threads already serve the purpose of online chat well enough. And there's always SWK...

Edit; oh... whoops. I'm not part of the staff...

Archived