Home

K1 Enhancement Pack

SpaceAlex

In my game the Sith Troopers wear a golden colored shiny armor. It's not silvery, it's golden. That's weird. I would much rather have the silver armor than that brassy stuff. The silver armor looks waaay better.:D

Hey something else I just thought of. You know how when you go to get the swoop accelerator from the Vulkers, and Kandon Ark says "I see you are not wearing the Hidden Bek colors..." They dont exactly have colors. I think it would be cool if you would make some kind of standardized uniform for the Beks to wear, with "Bek" colors. Just an idea.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YAY very cool... I will download, and use almost everything. Not the caucasian pc head, since i prefer my own blue eyed skin:p yah thats ruthless advertising of myself:xp:

yeah that brass/silver thing is pretty odd, on the first comp i had kotor installed to, they had brassy colored armors and now with another computer they wear silver...

Hey something else I just thought of. You know how when you go to get the swoop accelerator from the Vulkers, and Kandon Ark says "I see you are not wearing the Hidden Bek colors..." They dont exactly have colors. I think it would be cool if you would make some kind of standardized uniform for the Beks to wear, with "Bek" colors. Just an idea.

I've thought of doing that, but I think someone has already done it. Search KotorFiles for it.

In my game the Sith Troopers wear a golden colored shiny armor. It's not silvery, it's golden. That's weird. I would much rather have the silver armor than that brassy stuff. The silver armor looks waaay better.:D

yeah that brass/silver thing is pretty odd, on the first comp i had kotor installed to, they had brassy colored armors and now with another computer they wear silver...

Ah, some cards render the shaders differently than others. If your card's responsible for the gold armors, my mod won't change anything. Which graphic card do you have, anyway?

Looks great so far! I really like the Belaya model and texture; any chance of getting that particular texture and model to replace a player character model? I like how that model looks better than the original models.

You'll be able to replace it yourself when the mod's released. If you don't know how, there are some tutorials on this forum that can help you with that, I think.

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon X300. That is kinda weird how that works. Is there any way to manipulate the armor so that it becomes silver with my card? Also, I just checked KOTORfiles, and no files exist with the Hidden Bek colors in them.

Just a quick question: how many MB is this mod gonna be? :)

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon X300. That is kinda weird how that works. Is there any way to manipulate the armor so that it becomes silver with my card?

Perhaps something could be done by making the CM_Baremetal environment map texture a bit lighter, but it still won't look the same as on my PC. Anyway, I'm surprised KOTOR even runs on that card, to tell you the truth. :xp:

Just a quick question: how many MB is this mod gonna be? :)

I have no idea, ATM. :D It will definitely be over 100MB, since a texture with a resolution of 512x512 takes 1MB of HD space. And there are a lot of new textures...

I have no idea, ATM. :D It will definitely be over 100MB, since a texture with a resolution of 512x512 takes 1MB of HD space. And there are a lot of new textures...

I have a policy with Mods that improve graphics - if they're not big - I'm worried ;)

I can't wait for this mod to come out SA - tis looking like a wonderful piece of work :)

It actually runs very well on my card, and I actually have AA turned up to 4x I think and Anistropic Filtering is all the way up, and it works fine.

I am glad this is a large file. In my view, larger files mean better files:D

Btw, how would I go about making that armor look silvery? What is the process? Do I need GIMP?

I have a policy with Mods that improve graphics - if they're not big - I'm worried ;)

You've got that right. :thumbsup:

It actually runs very well on my card, and I actually have AA turned up to 4x I think and Anistropic Filtering is all the way up, and it works fine.

That's a surprise. At what resolution? 1024x768?

I am glad this is a large file. In my view, larger files mean better files:D

Ah, good. I thought you were one of those with slow connection. :xp: Even if you would be, it will probably weight no more than around 30mb when zipped (7zip FTW).

Btw, how would I go about making that armor look silvery? What is the process? Do I need GIMP?

Check your PM!

Hey SA, I was wondering if you know any modders who can give the skyboxes in both KOTOR and TSL a face lift? The skyboxes that are in game now, especially Taris, lack a lot of detail in the skybox. I was wondering if you know of anyone that has done that or would be willing to?

I know its to SA but thought I'd throw in that Sharen Thrawn did a realistic Nar Shadaa skybox for TSL that was pretty amazing. Don't want to break any forum rules about linking but suffice it to say that the mod name is Realistic Nar Shaddaa Skybox on kotor filefront site.

Graphical Enhancement for TSL adding new skyboxes to all planet, all are very impressive (I love one for Telos, Onderon and Dantooine especially). And of course Realistic Nar Shaada skybox mod is great, it's the best skyboxes I ever seen.;)

I don't think there are any for KOTOR. TSL has same (already mentioned by others).

Just wondering: who all do you have reskinned, if I may ask.:D I know all the ones from your screenshots which are amazing, just wondering what else you've been workin on recently.

You'll have to wait and see. :xp: Expect an update soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the sheer amount of content, this mod has been renamed to K1 Enhancement Pack :D. If the mods would be so kind to change the thread title, it would be great.

As you wish! :vadar: -RH

Anyway, visit the first page for more information about the changes, and new screenshots. There are a few things you should know about some of the new skins, though:

Darth Malak: This one was inspired by a re-skin made a long time ago. Some who have been here long enough might remember it. You can consider my skin to be a modern version of that one. :D

Bastila's Light and Dark robes: The "skin" part of the texture was made by Chaniz.2da (taken from his Bastila's Revelation Robes). I saw no reason to do it from scratch, since Chaniz has already done it. Call me lazy if you must, but that's the way it is. :D

Hey SA, just an idea for the new "generic" heads you're doing - make some of the heads from TSL. You know, the PC selections? Is is legal to skin heads that you get inspiration for from the other game?

It's legal alright (some of the female Twi'lek heads in my mod were inspired by the Twi'lek assassins from K2), but I don't think I'll be doing that. I would prefer that K2 heads remain unique.

The only advice I can think of is: keep it up, you're doing great :thumbsup:

...oops (:fist: @ myself) I just thought of some advice...

I was taking another look at Malak, and I think that it might be a little too shiny. It looks to me like his armour is made of glass. So, why does he have tattoos in one screen shot, and one without?

How are the Jedi Knight/Master robes going to be used? Will they replace the standard robes, or the Star Forge robes (PMBJ)? The colours that you've used look well done (they're not flat or plastic), and have subtle yet complex colour. The only problem is that they have the flap of the robe top not matching the flap of the skirt. I think that svösh's WIP was working on something similar, and fixing the skirts (post #365: screenshot). I really like how your robes are coming along, but the flaps not matching above and below the belt (from the original textures) always bugged me, and I'm hoping you'll try to fix it. If not, I truly understand, because you're already doing a huge pile of high quality work on these textures.

I was taking another look at Malak, and I think that it might be a little too shiny. It looks to me like his armour is made of glass. So, why does he have tattoos in one screen shot, and one without?

You think it's too shiny? It might look so on the screenshot... It looks great in-game (IMO). I've tried to make it less shiny, but the armor just doesn't look as cool, heh.

As for the tattoos, I'm letting people choose a head with or without a tattoo. I personally prefer the non-tattoo head because it makes him look a bit less...errr... stupid. :D

How are the Jedi Knight/Master robes going to be used? Will they replace the standard robes, or the Star Forge robes (PMBJ)?

Actually, I plan to replace the Class C armor (the most basic or armors) because I never use it as it looks quite cheap and ugly. Jedi party members can't wear any armor anyway, and non-Jedi ones can't wear Jedi robes, so that's not a problem.

The only problem is that they have the flap of the robe top not matching the flap of the skirt.

All robes in the game have this problem (even the wearable "I" model ones), so it's almost as if the devs intended it to be that way. I can make sense of it if I use my imagination, but it's not easy. :D svosh is certainly doing a great job on his robes (I will definitely use some of them in my game), but he's only fixing the female version of the council robes, and I would prefer that all robes look the same rather than some right and others wrong. I don't believe I have enough modeling knowledge (I could learn, but I'm not sure if I want to, really) to fix the male versions, so unless svosh (or someone else) decides to do it, we're out of luck.

Anyway, I initially made these robes for the NPC's only, but I thought it would make sense to make them available to the PC and PM as well. They look better than what is currently available, and it always bothered me that Jedi Knight/Master robes look the same as standard Jedi robes.

Archived