Home

K1 Enhancement Pack

SpaceAlex

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Space Alex, I don't know if you've done these characters yet or not, I'm just making some suggestions. If you have done or are making plans to redo these, ignore my suggestions.:xp:

Kebla Yurt, Ignus the Hotel guy on Manaan, Firith Me the Pazaak player on manaan, Gelrood, Garouk, Niklos, Sarna, Zelka Forn. These are just a few NPC's i could think of that have those same old generic faces.

Also, is there any way that you could add some more "generic" heads, just so there is more variety in the common citizenry? Again, if you are already doing that or plan to do it, ignore me.:lol:

Thanks for doing this mod. I don't have a clue how to make the models look that good, but from your screenshots, this is going to be a big and successful mod, I rekon probably one of the most popular downloads on KOTORfiles.:D

Say, for Gerlon Two-Fingers, are you going to alter the model so that he actually has only two fingers on one hand? As it is in the game, it sounds like he just lost the ability to use them, but they're still attached. Still, it might look cool if his hand was actually mangled.

Also, will you be changing just Bendak's armour, or will the new tga be for every yellow Mandalorian in the game?

They all look great now that they don't wear the exact same combat armour. I like their individual looks. What kind of armour does Deadeye wear?

By the way, fassa.dlg usign in TSLCR is my file (I made it looooong time ago and now it's in TSLCR), same with lip synch for fassa, isn't?

I see. I'll make sure that you get proper credit for your work, then. :)

Kebla Yurt, Ignus the Hotel guy on Manaan, Firith Me the Pazaak player on manaan, Gelrood, Garouk, Niklos, Sarna, Zelka Forn. These are just a few NPC's i could think of that have those same old generic faces.

Yeah, they're all getting a different look. It may not necessary be an unique look, but you definitely won't meet two or more major NPC's with the same head on one planet.

Also, is there any way that you could add some more "generic" heads, just so there is more variety in the common citizenry?

Well, some of heads that were previously restricted to PC only are now used for generic NPC's. This doesn't mean that you could meet your twin brother or sister if you happen to choose the same head that I put on an NPC, however. I explained why a few posts up.

Say, for Gerlon Two-Fingers, are you going to alter the model so that he actually has only two fingers on one hand? As it is in the game, it sounds like he just lost the ability to use them, but they're still attached. Still, it might look cool if his hand was actually mangled.

I don't know... it never really bothered me that much. Perhaps something could be done with one of the armor's alpha channels...

Also, will you be changing just Bendak's armour, or will the new tga be for every yellow Mandalorian in the game?

He's unique. Generic Mandalorians have their own unique look. The screenshot is also on the first page.

They all look great now that they don't wear the exact same combat armour. I like their individual looks. What kind of armour does Deadeye wear?

One from the original game. A fairly cheap one. :D

He actually has a full hand, but three of the fingers are paralyzed. I think it's Marl that explains it.

You're right, I just checked. I had forgotten about that. It's been a while since I actually played the game. :lol:

I can't wait to see these new faces in high-poly glory!

Well, the new faces don't really have a higher poly count. What they do have is higher resolution textures. You won't meet any of the super low-poly NPC's (they can be seen on almost every planet in Kotor) in the game anymore, though; I've replaced those with "normal" kotor models.

Wow, I really like all of this stuff, Space Alex! I can't wait for the release!

One thing, though:

Belaya (whose new look I absolutely love, by the way). Is it possible you could give us a choice between two dark side skins, one with and one without "Sith eyes"? I'm kind of a minimalist with it, to be honest. In my game, the only people that have them are the PC should you go dark, Darth Malak, Uthar Wynn and Jorak Uln. I've always believed that they should be reserved for either the really powerful dark siders or really insane dark siders; and having too many "Sith eyes" running around seems redundant to me and sort of waters it down.

Belaya (whose new look I absolutely love, by the way). Is it possible you could give us a choice between two dark side skins, one with and one without "Sith eyes"? I'm kind of a minimalist with it, to be honest. In my game, the only people that have them are the PC should you go dark, Darth Malak, Uthar Wynn and Jorak Uln. I've always believed that they should be reserved for either the really powerful dark siders or really insane dark siders; and having too many "Sith eyes" running around seems redundant to me and sort of waters it down.

I agree with you, except that I consider Belaya to be the really "crazy" darksider. :D I felt that giving her a full dark side look is appropriate, judging from the way she reacts when you kill her love. :xp: When you meet her on Korriban, she's totally insane with grief and anger... far more than any other studens in the Academy.

That's at least what I think. I can still include a version of DS Belaya without the Sith eyes, though. It's not a big deal.

He actually has a full hand, but three of the fingers are paralyzed. I think it's Marl that explains it.

Yeah, I just always thought that it would look cool if he was waving his blaster pistol around with only two fingers. Oh well, it's not a big deal.

One from the original game. A fairly cheap one. :D

Good ol' Deadeye, he goes for quality all the way :xp:

AKA Juhani's girlfriend. ;)

Yeah, I just always thought that it would look cool if he was waving his blaster pistol around with only two fingers. Oh well, it's not a big deal.

Yeah, I think it would look cool too. Marl's dialogue is really just an excuse the devs made up to explain why they didn't bother to give Gerlon only two fingers. :p

Hey SpaceAlex, I just thought of something else. All the Republic troops have the same face. Any plans to change them? Also the Sith Governer of Taris looks the same as all the dark Sith apprentices with the gold armor. It'd be cool if those guys had different faces from each other too.:)

I'm just curious, how long does it take to reskin a character, give or take?

Hey SpaceAlex, I just thought of something else. All the Republic troops have the same face. Any plans to change them? Also the Sith Governer of Taris looks the same as all the dark Sith apprentices with the gold armor. It'd be cool if those guys had different faces from each other too.:)

We'll see...

I'm just curious, how long does it take to reskin a character, give or take?

It depends. If you're a perfectionist, it can sometimes take up to 12 hours, but that's rare. Usually, it takes around 3 - 5 hours. What takes the most time is not actually skinning, but trying to get it to look right. :D

Something else I wanted to ask: Are the Sith troopers going to have those awesome silvery armor suits like the ones in the screenshot of the Upper City of Taris in the "no more lo-poly models screenshots? Those look way better than the original brass/gold ones.:disaprove

I don't know what you mean. The majority of the Sith wear the silver armor. Only the Heavy Troopers are in the red.

With that said, I am restoring a set of silver armor (well, it's just a different skin of the armor that we're already familiar with, really) that was supposed to be reserved for Commanders, but Bioware never used it for some reason.

Archived