Home

PC Gaming: Is it worth it?

Relenzo2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just like the accuracy you can get in FPS's with Computers as compared to a Console.

I've played Halo2 on both PC and X-Box 360 I sucked wind on the X-Box one (Mainly because I had absolutely no idea how to look around and then how to move!) then I picked it up at a MicroCenter in Palo Alto and decided to play it for a little.

It looked like I'd played that game for a long time according to a person watching... I guess WSAD and the Mouse are just that much more accurate. [shrugs]

PC games suffer from the fact that it's nearly impossible to do hardware level coding, everything has to be done via a latest drivers/DirectX/patches stuff, simply to be able to make it run on a ton of different hardware, from mainboard over memory to CPU and GPU.

On the other side every Playstation, XBox etc has the same hardware in it, giving the coders the ability to perform their tricks directly with the hardware, what naturally gives more performance than on comparable PC-hardware with the needed software overhead.

That's why consoles last longer, and seem to be "virtually" more powerful. However, regarding the gaming sector, this is an unbeatable pro.

That's just the thing: with some, it does run flawlessly, and others it doesn't. Even Astro couldn't get KotOR2 to run on Vista.
It runs on Mac/Linux and WINE, however. XPPP

I guess *what you're used to is* just that much more accurate.
You're better with a mouse and keyboard combo because that's what you play, and that's what you're good at. I am not good w/ a mouse and keyboard, but am quite capable of rocking face with a controller.

It's just what you know.

True... However, compare the Halo 2 Multiplayer cross-platform.

Before PC users had to get Nerfed, it used to be that they were more accurate than the X-Box users, and they could run and shoot at the same time.

Tell me that Console Gamers can run around in circles, and shoot accurately at the same time. I've played console games, not often mind you, but often enough for me to get the feel of the game, and everytime I've wanted to strafe and shoot I just can't do it.

Maybe you can, I don't know.

Tell me that Console Gamers can run around in circles, and shoot accurately at the same time. I've played console games, not often mind you, but often enough for me to get the feel of the game, and everytime I've wanted to strafe and shoot I just can't do it.

Maybe you can, I don't know.

I can, it's actually not that hard...

And I think that PC gaming has it's advantages and disadvantages, I like both evenly, as my comp is pretty good and I never have to configure anything, even if I wanna play Duke 3D :D

Archived