Home

July/August '08 Topic: Secrets

Congratulations to you, Ztalker, as the co-champion of this month's Javyar's contest, and many thanks to all the rest of you who wrote and commented! I officially announce that the topic for July is:

SECRETS

Ever since the dawn of man, people have been keeping secrets in their heart of hearts. It is no different with the denizens of the Star Wars universe. What kind of information, transgressions, feelings, and desires do they hide? We'd love to find out!

I'd like to set the deadline for the last day of July: July 31. I can't wait to see the tales!

Deadline changed to August 3rd per Tysyacha's OK --Jae

I'm not sure if I'll be finished by then... I don't liek to be rushed. But I've never been one to try out in these contests. I'd rather just take the time to make my story really good.

Well, eighteen days should be enough. How big is this story of yours? I thought that entries were supposed to be one page or so. Is this correct?

Yes, but I liek to take my time... I'm the writers' turtle I guess. (Meaning I create stories slowly over time). I've been making this story (In my head) Ever since I was was an early teenager; and I've written the story before numerous times. But I would later go back and find it unacceptable, several times, and I've discovered that letting the story float around in my head for years allows it to get bigger and better over time. Only now am I really trying to make it as a final draft. But still, I'm brainstorming ideas for it, because I want it to be long, eventually like a series of stories put together...

There really isn't a 'usual' amount of time given, so far as I've been able to tell. It usually seems to be related directly to when the winner of the previous month makes their choice of topic and Jae gets around to seeing that this has been done :p

For my part, I don't think an extension is necessary. I've got an idea rolling around in my head, but I'm sure a couple of weeks will be enough to shake it loose and get it written down :)

Who votes for the deadline being extended to August 3rd, then? :)

I do, I do! I've not written in quite a while and I find this topic might be relatively easier to jump back in with, but I'll need time.

August 3rd please? Maybe more?

• 2 weeks later...

Posted mine yesterday, but still I have to thank Tysy for the deadline extension. Since there was no rush (and not to mention that I was out of town and out of internet during the last six days) I could do some slow editing and improve my entry. Just a few more days and then "may the best story win". :)

If you all want to edit and re-submit I'm OK with that as long as it's only 1 time (I don't want to keep track of 15 revisions) _and_ you let me know by PM. Otherwise, it'll be be very confusing when I see multiple submissions by one person in the moderation queue.

Archived