Home

Canderous Glory mod now in progress

Canderis

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats good!

I didn't know anyone else here could model areas except Quanon and Disbeliever.....

Anyone can model an area, as long as you have the skills to model it, texture it, export it, and have the patience to do it 20 other times.

I've started modeling several areas long ago... but stopped because I'm a lazy bastard lol.

Anyone can model an area, as long as you have the skills to model it, texture it, export it, and have the patience to do it 20 other times.

I have a short attention span. But I am persistent. I kept coming back and doing a bit at a time.

I'm a lazy bastard lol.

Yes. Yes you are. :¬:

• 2 weeks later...

Looks promosing Canderis :)

Though, your floor texture, the grass, is very tiled. I mean its very visible. You can't escape that its a tiled texture, but I think it could use a tweak... Unless, it's less visible when you walk about with a character?

And you do need a skybox, a black sky is so freaking unnaturale :lol:

But, yeah this is still WIP :p

Really cool, to see you progress :)

EDIT: On the skybox thing: don't forget to put the Self illumination to full white == 100% ON. Like that other lighting will have no effects on it.

It's what makes every sky bright in the game. This also gets used on lights and all.

EDIT2: Also use the Self Illum on your moon!

You can set the Self. Illum in the AuraroTrimesh modifier. ;)

I'm sure progress will go swiftly now. Once a model is like "done", you can fill it in with NPCs and other smaller details. Though that doesn't stop Candy :xp: to further tweak the model.

Like adding a sky of his liking or adjust the textures :D

Looking forward to more updates!

• 1 month later...

This is more of a progress report than an update. Sorry no new screenies...

Got Jax's head working, finally. (had to learn the hard way that you cannot break texture verts)

I am adding dialog to the first module now to complete it and start the quest for the mod. YAY!!!!

Though, your floor texture, the grass, is very tiled. I mean its very visible. You can't escape that its a tiled texture, but I think it could use a tweak... Unless, it's less visible when you walk about with a character?

Maybe you could make it look like it was intentionally a grid, sorta like astroturf?

And here's a tut I found: http://www.tutorialwiz.com/grass_texture/

• 1 month later...

Archived