Home

The last Jedi?!

DoubleDHZ

Well a Jedi is supposed to protect.

If they don't protect anyone, they're not fulfilling the basic point of being a Jedi, and can't be called a true Jedi. They still technically are one, but if they hide, do nothing to help others, or stop the sith, then what good are that as a Jedi?

Obviously the sith saw this... and if Bastila hadn't done anything after four/five years (I think it is between K1 and K2) but fret about Revan, she's obviously not a threat.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are we going to do next? Criticise Yoda for going into hiding instead of throwing himself on Palpatine's blade?

It's pretty much the same situation, after all.

Nah, you forget one key difference... Yoda is waiting for Luke to come to train him to take on the Empire... Vrook, Kavar and Zez are all just sat twiddling their thumbs for no reason - what was their grand plan? To hide and wait, and then hide and wait some more, while doing nothing about the suffering surrounding them. You could if you want covertly help those around you; especially on a place like Nah Shadaa.

.. Vrook, Kavar and Zez are all just sat twiddling their thumbs for no reason

I've explained this before. If they drew attention to themselves, then they'd get killed by Sion, or more likely, Nihilus. Every time since the purge began that the Jedi showed themselves, they got wiped out and they didn't even know what was hunting them. What were they supposed to do?

I've explained this before. If they drew attention to themselves, then they'd get killed by Sion, or more likely, Nihilus. Every time since the purge began that the Jedi showed themselves, they got wiped out and they didn't even know what was hunting them. What were they supposed to do?

That was their explanation, but frankly the Exile pawns Sion in most meetings, so why fear him - and given they didn't know about Nihilus they should of taken the fight to him...

No, Yoda failed because he decided that since he couldn't take the Emperor in single combat, he shouldn't do anything.

I was under the impression Palpatine could locate Yoda - and only couldn't because Yoda was next to a darkside Nexus on Dagobah - not that I don't agree with the sentiment.

Allegedly. It's never been clarified why Yoda went into hiding on Dagobah. The Thrawn Trilogy (Or is it the Duology? I forget.) suggests that the Dark Side Nexus was created while Yoda was hiding there, when a Bpfaashi Dark Jedi attacked Yoda and Jorj Car'das. Yoda, naturally, obliterated him.

Allegedly. It's never been clarified why Yoda went into hiding on Dagobah. The Thrawn Trilogy (Or is it the Duology? I forget.) suggests that the Dark Side Nexus was created while Yoda was hiding there, when a Bpfaashi Dark Jedi attacked Yoda and Jorj Car'das. Yoda, naturally, obliterated him.

Hmm, from what I had read - I thought that had happened prior to the Clone Wars, so Yoda went to Dagobah, specifically because it had that Dark Side nexus - but that was probably from Wookiepedia, that I read that, so dunno how accurate it was.

Well a Jedi is supposed to protect.

If they don't protect anyone, they're not fulfilling the basic point of being a Jedi, and can't be called a true Jedi.

Allow me the cliché of saying that they can't protect anyone if they're dead. Unless on the force ghost shape, which I doubt it's of much use.

Besides, the Jedi who went into hiding never ceased to help people. Kavar helped the queen of Onderon to keep her throne, Zez would save people occasionally at Nar Shadaa, Kavar secretely aided administrator Adare on the construction of Khoonda and Vash, well, Vash died.

The Jedi seem uncapable of stay cloacked for much time.

Allow me the cliché of saying that they can't protect anyone if they're dead. Unless on the force ghost shape, which I doubt it's of much use.

Besides, the Jedi who went into hiding never ceased to help people. Kavar helped the queen of Onderon to keep her throne, Zez would save people occasionally at Nar Shadaa, Kavar secretely aided administrator Adare on the construction of Khoonda and Vash, well, Vash died.

I'm not saying they didn't have the right idea... they may have helped on a small scale, but scattered and fearful of the sith, they weren't a threat.

That's all.

Vrook was with Adare in Khoonda, but he didn't help her with the reconstruction. She was actually helping him to preserve the ruins of the enclave from the scavengers. He took the first chance he could to be captured and shipped out of that place, but got angry at the Exile for forcing him to help against the mercenaries.

ZKE was wise and all, but didn't help the Exile when she needed help the most. His intentions were well placed, but his actions were passive and provided few deeds for anyone other than jedi.

How is being scattered their fault?

I never said it was their fault.

The Empire on the Old Trilogy knew better than take their chances with the handful of Jedi that remained, and yet Luke, who wasn't even a complete Jedi, killed the the Emperor.

If one of the Jedi Masters went to fight the sith, they'd likely end up like Vash. She'd been killed, hadn't she? Half of the council had perished on Katarr, hadn't they? The remaining Masters didn't want to reveal themselves to the enemy, and couldn't gather, or else they would run the risk of being targetted... like they were at the end, on Dantooine.

Luke stood up to his enemies, anyway.

Resist. They're Jedi. If all of them ganged up, they could probably have at least diced Sion apart, although he would have eventually reassembled himself like Cthulhu unless they killed him properly by staking him, cutting his head off, filling his mouth with garlic, drowning him in Holy Water, burning him, and then spreading his ashes over Holy Ground.

Vrook was with Adare in Khoonda, but he didn't help her with the reconstruction. She was actually helping him to preserve the ruins of the enclave from the scavengers. He took the first chance he could to be captured and shipped out of that place, but got angry at the Exile for forcing him to help against the mercenaries.[/Quote]

Well, someone needed to preserve the Jedi artefacts and teachings left behind, otherwise the Jedi wouldn't survive. But Vrook couldn't know that Atris was already doing the same.

But by allowing himself to be captured, the problems the mercenaries caused would likely diminish, thereby allowing the people of Dantooine to continue the reconstruction with little interruption.

Doing nothing will certainly solve everything. [/Quote]

And going out and being killed one by one would solve everything too. :)

Well, someone needed to preserve the Jedi artefacts and teachings left behind, otherwise the Jedi wouldn't survive. But Vrook couldn't know that Atris was already doing the same.

But by allowing himself to be captured, the problems the mercenaries caused would likely diminish, thereby allowing the people of Dantooine to continue the reconstruction with little interruption.

The issue the jedi should have been focused on was defeating the sith... not preserving the jedi. Atris was more interested in acquiring power for herself and was the greatest enemy to the jedi. She arranged for Katarr to be destroyed and for the other masters to gather on Dantooine, where she wouldn't be in danger, herself.

The only one who was directly responsible for saving the jedi was the Exile. The jedi who remained were more interested in saving themselves and their way than in saving the Republic. If KZE had been a true jedi, he would have stood up against the masters for their sin against the Exile. Kavar would have not turned on his friend. Vrook would have not been so bogged down with the jedi to realize that stopping the sith was the real goal.

Vrook's capture would have served for good once. After that, he would have been dead. The Exile did all he aimed for and more... he still treated her like she was a threat.

She preserved artifacts, yes, but teachigns? Who did she teach? If anything, her "preservation" meant that anyone looking for Jedi teachings (Mical, for instance) would find that someone done taken them already. She was killing the Jedi Order by simply sitting alone in an ice hole ranting about her bitter hatred of the Exile to a bunch of albino chicks. Wait, what were we talking about? :p

As Brianna says, it's not enough to preserve knowledge; bringing that knowledge to others is what's important.

And going out and being killed one by one would solve everything too. :)

Silly Jedi. :p

Vrook's capture would have served for good once. After that, he would have been dead. The Exile did all he aimed for and more... he still treated her like she was a threat.

Well, the Exile was a threat. Possibly even a bigger threat than the Sith. The problem is that the Council treated the Exile as a threat, rather than a fellow Jedi. Instead of healing the wound, they decided to kill the patient and cut their losses. A rather Sithy thing to do, oddly enough.

And in any case, they could have at least waited until after the Exile killed all the Sith to stop them, instead of before, destroying their only chance to turn the tide to their side. :indif:

Vrook was with Adare in Khoonda, but he didn't help her with the reconstruction. She was actually helping him to preserve the ruins of the enclave from the scavengers. He took the first chance he could to be captured and shipped out of that place, but got angry at the Exile for forcing him to help against the mercenaries.

Vrook would end up helping all along. He let himself get caught too, so he didn't owed anything to the Exile.

ZKE was wise and all, but didn't help the Exile when she needed help the most. His intentions were well placed, but his actions were passive and provided few deeds for anyone other than jedi.

HIs actions at Nar Shadaa were good for the Jedi? I'm interested on knowing how.

If one of the Jedi Masters went to fight the sith, they'd likely end up like Vash. She'd been killed, hadn't she? Half of the council had perished on Katarr, hadn't they? The remaining Masters didn't want to reveal themselves to the enemy, and couldn't gather, or else they would run the risk of being targetted... like they were at the end, on Dantooine.

That's my point, you just said it to me again. Nevertheless, and on a smalle dimension, they still helped people.

Doing nothing will certainly solve everything.

Getting themselves smashed like bugs on the windshield has at best the same result as doing nothing.

She arranged for Katarr to be destroyed and for the other masters to gather on Dantooine, where she wouldn't be in danger, herself.

Atris didn't arrange for the planet's destruction. Only for Nihilus being there. She figured the Jedi there would be able to kill Nihilus.

They should have DIED then. They're Jedi, sworn to protect the Galaxy from the depredations of the Sith. If they couldn't take the pressure, they shouldn't keep calling themselves Jedi.

Smarter to die than wait for when you can make a difference? There's something in that statement that doesn't sound right to be.

To answere the question. No, the exile is not the last of the Jedi. I dont know what they were thinking when they made the game. But i believe its mostly just to get fans excited. "Last of the Jedi".. Whooo, cool :D

Then when you play the game its like, WTF...

Even if people think this story is deep or whatever, i dont even believe that the developers understood what they were doing sometimes. They just hoped that we would buy the story, even if it did not make sense..

Archived