Home

Babylon AD

Aash Li

Has anyone watched this yet? I saw it yesterday and was somewhat disappointed. I like Vin Desil in scifi movies. He does "badass" good. But this one to me flopped.

Without giving anything away, the movie reminded me of the lovechild of Bladerunner and Terminator. O.o And the action sequences were so frenetic that by the time the movie was done, my eyes were aching...

So, Id give the movie an 6 out of 10. Simply because Michelle Yeoh was in it, and Vin Desil. :) The world setting was interesting, the story was lacking, the action was too flashy, but enough to almost mask the lack of a story.

Meh, it was fine, but there were some seriously lacking parts. Like the ending. Now, there were some scenes that I liked and disliked

The Good:

1) The scene at the train station. It was kind hard to keep up with it all, but, after Aurora ran away and Turop and Rebbecca found her, the explosion. I thought that was kinda cool >_>

2) The fight scene between Turop and the 2 groups of people. I liked how well it was done, and how Aurora protected Turop from the missile by shooting him. I didn't get it how the missile blow'd up right in front of Aurora, without hurting her (much).

3) The new tech seen. There wasn't much tech, but there was the map at the beginning that you could move around, there was the clear sign on the taxis, and the ability to see a mini-version of a whole bunch of channels, and just tap the one you wanna watch. That was in the apartment.

4) The Car Chase scene before they got Aurora to the hospital. That was one of the "good, but meh" scenes. They could've expanded on that. But, it was still good.

The Bad:

1) How quick the movie felt. Your in that town, your house gets blow'd up, your sent to the Convent to get Aurora, you get to the Train, then your on the Sub. Then, your riding snowmobiles, running from these hunting drones, and so on...

2) The ending. The ending just plain sucked. I thought that she actually had the virus, and, that when she dies, she'd blow up half of New York City. That was kind of disappointing :(

3) The fight scene at that place after the Train ride (iirc). Turop gets into a cage match with Tiny the Wrestler, and, while choking Tiny for 5 minutes with Aurora attacking Turop at the same time, it... was kind of bland...

The Ugly:

1) Sister Rebbecca. 'Nuff said.

Overall:

I'd give the movie a 6/10. Fox really screwed this movie over, but, it was still a good movie. Not as good as some other Vin Deisel movies, but still, it was alright. It was better then that one cop movie (which name escapes me).

I'd personally have rather seen Hancock.

If youre picking between Death Race and Babylon AD. Pick Death Race. It actually has a plot, it makes sense, your eyes dont bleed from all the flickering action... the girls are actually pretty. The ending was an A++ rating ending.

Beats the pants off Babylon by a long shot... besides all that, it has Jason Statham, who I lust after. hehe

I was pretty sure this would be a mediocre action flick at best as soon as I saw the commercial. It's not so hard to spot a bad movie just by the commercials. As has been stated, the commercial for this explained nothing or very little about the plot and characters or the film in general. You could tell it was being advertised solely as a sci-fi action movie. I wasn't interested in it at all.

I enjoyed Babylon AD up to the point where Aurora had the missile explode in her face. The movie went downhill quickly after that. I kept hoping for something that would shed some more light on why things were happening the way they were. At the end I was very confused and very disappointed.

But if they release a director's cut of the movie on DVD I'll rent it just to see if it's any better.

I enjoyed Babylon AD up to the point where Aurora had the missile explode in her face. The movie went downhill quickly after that. I kept hoping for something that would shed some more light on why things were happening the way they were. At the end I was very confused and very disappointed.

But if they release a director's cut of the movie on DVD I'll rent it just to see if it's any better.

Thats what is known as jumping the shark. Anything they do after that will be anti-climatic... with a a huge ANTI lol.

Death Race looks even ****tier than the original.

Why Jason Statham? You used to be cool man.

I thought Death Race was pretty good. I'd say it's better than most of the movies out right now. Mind you, there is a lot of ****ty movies out right now, too.

I just watched Crank with Jason Statham. That movie was ****ing awesome and The Transporter was pretty good. (I just saw the Transporter 3 trailer today, look decent). I still think he's pretty badass.

I don't really like Babylon A.D. It was somewhat hard to understand and it was surprised that there wasn't more action. Mind you, I was inebriated when I watched it. :o

Archived