Home

The Force Unleashed Console Versions Review Thread

Boba Rhett

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the latest issue (#38, October 2008) of XBox360: The Official XBox Magazine (UK)

Verdict : 8/10

Good points: compelling storyline; dark, edgy tone works well; really impressive visuals; force powers awesome

Bad points: not very sophisticated

Summary: the best Star Wars game in five years

I'm reminded of Pirates of Caribbean - "They're more guidlines than rules". :)

Too many people now solely base their opinion on what magazines or review sites tell them. Just because they dislike something doesn't mean we should too.

But 74.14% is still respectable, and still worth it for me.

Welcome to the club! :D

I agree, I really enjoyed the demo so I continue to remain very anxious for Sept. 16th to roll around when my free time will be consumed with TFU :lol:.

BTW, John Wayne is the man!

Hah!

Stab PC gamers in the back, pander to the console masses, and create a game for 'frat boys' and people who never gave a damn about either gaming OR Star Wars until you made it look like Dragonball Z, and look what happens.

Here's what I had to say on TFU three months ago:

It's probably not coming to PC because they know how pissed off PC gamers would be. Console kiddies, however, would think it's "ttly AWESUM LOLOZL!!!!!!!!@@one" then ride skateboards, drink Mountain Dew, and talk about how XXXTREME they are.

the latest issue (#38, October 2008) of XBox360: The Official XBox Magazine (UK)

Verdict : 8/10

Good points: compelling storyline; dark, edgy tone works well; really impressive visuals; force powers awesome

Bad points: not very sophisticated

Summary: the best Star Wars game in five years

Do those who have played the demo agree?

1) That means it's better than KOTOR. Which it isn't. At all.

BUT given that KOTOR was right on the terminus (2003), it's more fair to say:

2) There have barely been any Star Wars games in 5 years that anyone gave a damn about.

And you know your game is terrible when the XBOX MAGAZINE openly calls it 'unsophisticated' - the magazine for the very console that defined 'mainstream gaming'. But hey, you guys knew better. Clearly this is what Star Wars fans wanted - something moronic and straightforward with a hard-on for dumb action frills.

Different games, different era, different genre, plus we haven't played it yet. The five years thing is just a rough estimate and a assumption that the console version was the only release, I dont think the reviewer was interested in the exact date of KotOR's release to the day, especially since he's reviewing TFU, and for the record it is better than TSL (04), the only reason it's playable is because it's basically an expensive Mod of KotOR 1 (with bad unfinished story and characters) I was just pining for more KotOR lol

Archived