Home

The Force Unleashed 2? Possible Spoliers

Nedak

Grrrr! God, I am so sick of people saying this! Galen is not a Sith! He's a freaking Dark Jedi! :mad: There have been tons of them throughout the Expanded Universe! If he were a Sith, he'd be Darth Something-or-other.

Vader and Palpatine have had many Dark Jedi operatives. In fact, Galen isn't even the one that comes closest to breaking the Rule of Two. Vader's later apprentice, Lumiya was a self-proclaimed "Dark Lady of the Sith," though she'd never actually been officially inducted into the Sith Order. And I'll tell you what actually does break the Rule of Two: the recently revealed "lost tribe of the Sith." But that's another discussion.

To summarize: Galen is not in any way, shape or form, a Sith (except in the non-canon bonus missions to Tatooine and Hoth, where he is Vader's replacement, Darth Starkiller), and does not damage the Rule of Two whatsoever. In fact, he fits into it perfectly: the apprentice chooses someone to help him overthrow his master, and in turn becomes the new Sith apprentice once the former apprentice is now the master. We see Vader making this very proposal to Luke in The Empire Strikes Back.

Not to mention how closely George Lucas himself oversaw The Force Unleashed when it was in development. He definitely would not have okayed anything that broke any fundamental Star Wars rules like that.

[Edit] Sorry for being so snappy, I just get very annoyed at hearing the same amateur arguments over and over again.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

first off- when I first read about TFU I was under the impression it was going to be more like KOTOR except non-turn based fighting. KOTOR I & II storyline was awes and the new game engines sounded rad. So I was pumped, TFU was cool but I was disappointed with its linearity, ya you can choose light or dark but no real difference is in the story line, and it lacked the customization of KOTOR. I'm not big on turn based fighting, but enjoy the story of RPG's. I recently discovered Mass Effect it does just that, RPG with non-turn based fighting and it rox. If Lucas really wants a good game give us the engines of TFU and the story of a KOTOR game. So why not get back with bioware (they made KOTOR and ME games) and make it! Also not to talk about ME(mass effect) again but, the way the incorporate story lines between the games, (i.e. kill someone in the first, they're still dead in the sequel), seems (ME2 not out until 26th) like it will be awes and add tons of replay, especially if you have both games (3rd one on the way also). So a sequel to this could have the dude from TFU going into deep space to find the true sith lords and go from there, it’s a blank slate, and who doesn’t want some info on what happened to the true sith, it would rock.

The lost tribe of the Sith don't break the rule of two, the Rule of two was Darth Bane's Order, an offshoot of the Brotherhood of darkness, itself an offshoot of an offshoot... the Lost tribe of the Sith are direct descendent's of Naga Sadow's Sith, the True Sith Empire... but as you say, thats another discussion :)

• 2 weeks later...

Combine the depth of saber style and the danger of JO and JA with the actual choice and detail of KoTOR and the Dynamic and extraordinary interpretation of force powers in FU. What you have is a non turn based Star Wars game with extraordinary powers, realism of death by saber mixed matched battles do to saber styles and type of saber, true detail and differance...Maybe AI factionism like mandalorian, empire/sith, jedi/republic coupled with light and darkside force choices for real individual multiple outcome game play. And like in KoTOR don't be scared to expose players to in depth lore and choices lke Jedi enclave and Korriban trials etc etc. Perfect game .....replay FOREVER!!!

Combine the depth of saber style and the danger of JO and JA with the actual choice and detail of KoTOR and the Dynamic and extraordinary interpretation of force powers in FU. What you have is a non turn based Star Wars game with extraordinary powers, realism of death by saber mixed matched battles do to saber styles and type of saber, true detail and differance...Maybe AI factionism like mandalorian, empire/sith, jedi/republic coupled with light and darkside force choices for real individual multiple outcome game play. And like in KoTOR don't be scared to expose players to in depth lore and choices lke Jedi enclave and Korriban trials etc etc. Perfect game .....replay FOREVER!!!

But that would mean listening to the fans. And Lucasarts doesn't know how that works...

• 4 weeks later...

TFU 2 Cant wait hopefully longer than the 1st one and hopefully have jedi robes instead of stupid outfits.

Why couldn't they made Galen have robes like Maul or Obi Wan it's got me baffled got Sith Edition of TFU and still no robes for Galen closest thing is his spirit form.

Anyone else think that Lucas Prequel's (Ep 1,2,3) were CRAP only good things about em were Maul and the sabre fight between Obi and Anakin in Revenge of the Sith.

Maul should of lived until Revenge of the Sith and then replaced by Vader/Anakin and wtf was with the droids ROGER ROGER?

Should of been assassin droids like HK from KOTOR and Count Dooku pfffft... does he change into a bat and despise garlic and dont get me f**ken started about General Greivous lame.

Casting was good, effects were great, story was piss poor and had none of the qualities of the original trilogy.

Maul was one of the coolest villains ever but gets pawned by a padawan Obi Wan when he should of got pawned by Anakin in Revenge of the Sith.

There should of been terrorism acts on the Jedi.

Bombs, Ambushes and having Maul and Jango finishing them off, Palpatine should of started his destruction of the Jedi order through out the prequels as they were the one thing standing in his way.

Attack of the Clones has got to be the worst of all 3 prequels only relevant thing was Anakin slaughtering Sandpeople to begin is descent to the Darkside.

The whole Geonosis was just f**ken lame surely they could of come up with something better than that s**t.

Lucas should of hired some writers to help him with a better story he should of watched the original trilogy and looked at what made them great and applied it to the prequels.

The guys who wrote the Force Unleashed story were great and it was an awesome game it got me interested in Starwars again and I'm looking forward to the sequel.

I'm interested to see how Galen is still alive and kicking But I don't like Galen's outfit PLEASE GIVE HIM ROBES like Obiwan or Maul.

Would be cool to dual wield, single wield or double sabre and to have different stances and sabre forms quick and flurry or regular swings and please make the sabre cut torsos, arms, heads off no need for gore but it is a lightsabre correct?

Pretty happy with the force powers from TFU remove dash and have something a bit more permanent to cover area's quicker force speed until your force runs out or something.

I know this is a piddling, aesthetic, and overall unimportant thing to complain about, but until more material on the game is released there's almost nothing concrete to talk about: I really don't like the apprentice's new look. At the end of the first game he held his lightsaber back-handed and he had an outfit that made him look like the dude from Assassin's Creed became a Jedi. Now his outfit just looks kind of bland in comparison and his old lightsaber style is gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived