Home

Woman with given new windpipe

Arcesious

If we can do this with our comparatively primitive tech, how come both Anakin and Luke required robotic prosthetic limbs?
Simple: Who doesn't want a robot arm? :xp:

If this is any indication of the future in medical science, then it sure looks promising. Transplants will be much, much easier and effective with this new process, as long as we have a large surplus of cadavers to harvest.

As much as I like robot arms, I prefer my organic arms... Mostly because they have living cells, nerves with which to feel things, and the complex joints and muscles of my arms are far more flexible and precise than clumsy robot arms...

If I lose an arm in some bizarre accident, In the future I'll say to the doctors: "Lol just use my stem cells to grow me a new arm."

Super cool, but it begs the question:

If we can do this with our comparatively primitive tech, how come both Anakin and Luke required robotic prosthetic limbs?

That's a damn good question. And the whole cloning thing, I mean if they can grow 'em, you would think that they could regenerate body parts.

All this technical information may soon shed a bad light on SW and its story line.

Hell, why not new lungs? New eyes? New.......ANYTHING?

Truly amazing.

Or one of our troops who was shot in the face. He was rushed to the ER and they saved his life--where many would just say "that's it, he's done for" and leave him die.

OR the woman who had some kind of cancer that started in her hip to waist area. I was disgusted that when it was small the doctors called it terminal and didn't operate on her. They just turned her away--the cancer got so big that, well to give you perspective: She weighed 90 lbs at the start. She was suffering and NOT dying over several years. Finally a doctor who had never heard about it decided to try to do something. By that point she weighed 210 pounds from the cancer!!! The doctor succeeded, thankfully.

Although a miracle, it should never have gotten that bad in the first place.

It was a breakthrough, though.

I worry for the future, though. About losing our R & D gemstone.

Bionics has come far, but not far enough to give us what we see in SW.

Funny, GTA, this advance was made under the "socialized" medical system of Spain! The bean-counters in this country would make you pay out of pocket for something like this, thus insuring developments like this never reach the masses.

Lighten up. Let me guess, some humongous conspiracy.

Though I am skeptical, hell, if Obama is going to 'change' things then he must have a plan to take care of that. I'm willing to give a brotha a chance.

Here we are just trying to talk about the marvels of R&D.

Since you like to tag along with me now, Let's hear *your* flawless plan then??? I mean with all due respect, your highness.

Or that what's even funnier though, people can ban together and fund-raise.

-------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I am really glad the woman was able to get her new windpipe.

I heard about this too. Amazing stuff, I hope the research is continued and developed.

That way, when I'm 80 and need a new heart I can just grow one

_EW_ [/Quote]

LMAO

Awesome, ain't it?

Lighten up. Let me guess, some humongous conspiracy.

Though I am skeptical, hell, if Obama is going to 'change' things then he must have a plan to take care of that. I'm willing to give a brotha a chance.

Here we are just trying to talk about the marvels of R&D.

Since you like to tag along with me now, Let's hear *your* flawless plan then??? I mean with all due respect, your highness.

Or that what's even funnier though, people can ban together and fund-raise.

What.

*puts on his helmet of suspended disbelief +10*

It is because the robotic arms are better suited to the combat they expected to undertake, and would respond more readily to being replaced as needed. Blaster fire had less effect on the cybernetic limbs than it would have on squishy flesh.

Because Anakin and Luke were portrayed as living A Long Time Ago (in a galaxy far away)?

This --> the future

cybernetic/mechanical parts --> the past

:p

Archived